Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Jacobs signing disappointing… 09:48 - Aug 6 with 2856 viewsStudentBlue

Anyone else believe that the Jacobs signing feels like desperation having missed out on other winger targets? Been rumbling all summer and was clearly just in the background in case we missed out on higher priority signings.

Poll: How will you be voting tomorrow?

Michael Jacobs signing disappointing… on 09:49 - Aug 6 with 2547 viewsSaigonTractor

No it feels like a club having a plan B, which is how things should be.
Michael Jacobs signing disappointing… on 09:49 - Aug 6 with 2530 viewsiamipswich

I know what you mean but the long and the short of it is that he is still a good footballer at this level so we can't be too disappointed and if he was signed 3 weeks ago, we'd probably be thrilled.

Poll: Who will return first?

Michael Jacobs signing disappointing… on 09:50 - Aug 6 with 2517 viewsSomethingBlue

Doubt it'll be desperation, we have more than three weeks left in the window. Feels more like cover, a player who "knows the division". Not an exciting one but I imagine fairly low risk with potentially high reward if he finds his best form.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Michael Jacobs signing disappointing… on 09:50 - Aug 6 with 2494 viewstractorboy1978

Desperate would be signing players like Matheson and Thomas late in a window on loan. I think we've been interested in Jacobs all summer and waiting on his return to fitness. A very good player at this level.
Michael Jacobs signing disappointing… on 09:50 - Aug 6 with 2492 viewschrismakin

No. As when fit hes a solid signing for this level and exactly what we are looking for.

He prob wont be first choice. But a great backup.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Michael Jacobs signing disappointing… on 09:51 - Aug 6 with 2451 viewsbournemouthblue

Michael Jacobs signing disappointing… on 09:50 - Aug 6 by SomethingBlue

Doubt it'll be desperation, we have more than three weeks left in the window. Feels more like cover, a player who "knows the division". Not an exciting one but I imagine fairly low risk with potentially high reward if he finds his best form.

Should be a fairly solid recruit, a Paul Anderson style signing?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Michael Jacobs signing disappointing… on 09:51 - Aug 6 with 2421 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Wind Up Merchant.

Do not feed the troll.

What the hell is going on?… by StudentBlue 24 Jun 2021 22:00
Not being funny, but where the f*** are the signings?

Are we being mugged off as fans? Sold the American Dream only for it to be a complete and utter cover up?

We’re heading into the weekend with a 5-a-side team?

What is happening to this club?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Michael Jacobs signing disappointing… on 09:51 - Aug 6 with 2417 viewsDowson

We need squad players who can knock on the door and still have something to offer, I think Jacobs gives us that
Login to get fewer ads

Michael Jacobs signing disappointing… on 09:52 - Aug 6 with 2390 viewsrayman_10

No. In my opinion. A very solid signing. Was very good under Paul Cook at Wigan and people at Portsmouth were saying he was their best ‘naturally gifted’ footballer when fit.

Can play anywhere anywhere behind the striker which, with a smaller squad, we need players who can cover multiple positions. Imagine it won’t be an expensive deal, just quality cover for our wide players.

I understand it might not be the most eye watering signing but I trust Cook’s judgement. I think Jacobs success will be based on whether he can keep fit all season. Let’s hope he can!

COYB

Michael Jacobs signing disappointing… on 09:52 - Aug 6 with 2388 viewsxrayspecs

We have been in touch with him during the summer, so was identified early, one of a number of wide players. He has been recovering from injury, which may partly explain why it has taken time to secure him
Michael Jacobs signing disappointing… on 09:52 - Aug 6 with 2380 viewsBloomBlue

Will he be first choice and Dobra back on the bench/U23s?
Not really.... on 09:53 - Aug 6 with 2357 viewsBloots

....I think if we get him and Bazza in then we have added depth to our attacking options.

No club, not even Razzmatazz/Chequebook FC are going to sign every single one of their targets.

I'd suggest we are done in that area now.

The less said about the defensive options the better though.

Oh, and we still need another holding midfielder.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Michael Jacobs signing disappointing… on 09:53 - Aug 6 with 2349 viewsITFC_RDM

What a stupid comment. we've literally been linked with him the whole transfer window.
Michael Jacobs signing disappointing… on 09:54 - Aug 6 with 2320 viewschrismakin

Michael Jacobs signing disappointing… on 09:52 - Aug 6 by BloomBlue

Will he be first choice and Dobra back on the bench/U23s?

Have we learnt nothing from the blind support of the other academy players.

Dobra wont play 40 odd games. He will be in and out. People have to get used to this otherwise there will be a lot of frustration.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Michael Jacobs signing disappointing… on 09:54 - Aug 6 with 2302 viewsjas0999

Seems like discussions have been ongoing all summer. Suspect we have been waiting for him to prove fitness. That said his injury record is a concern, but certainly not his ability. He’s a good player when fit.
Michael Jacobs signing disappointing… on 09:54 - Aug 6 with 2307 viewshoppy

Michael Jacobs signing disappointing… on 09:51 - Aug 6 by Cheltenham_Blue

Wind Up Merchant.

Do not feed the troll.

What the hell is going on?… by StudentBlue 24 Jun 2021 22:00
Not being funny, but where the f*** are the signings?

Are we being mugged off as fans? Sold the American Dream only for it to be a complete and utter cover up?

We’re heading into the weekend with a 5-a-side team?

What is happening to this club?

I don’t recall that one…

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Michael Jacobs signing disappointing… on 09:55 - Aug 6 with 2267 viewsJDB23

When I heard the news that our interest in him had cooled off I was quite pleased. Having said that, we've now got a few more players in with some others looking imminent, getting Jacobs in as a squad player to give us some added depth is a reasonable move.
Michael Jacobs signing disappointing… on 09:56 - Aug 6 with 2227 viewsWallingford_Boy

Definitely a plan B, good addition to the squad, but possibly not going to be a starter.

RIP Sir Bobby

Michael Jacobs signing disappointing… on 09:57 - Aug 6 with 2226 viewsTractorCam

Put it this way, he's a much better squad option to have than Bennetts, Edwards, Judge and Sears.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Michael Jacobs signing disappointing… on 09:59 - Aug 6 with 2196 viewsabracaDOBRA_

He's a solid experienced player that knows the league. We need some older tougher players he is just that.
Michael Jacobs signing disappointing… on 09:59 - Aug 6 with 2185 viewsrickw

We're short in numbers in the wide areas and we were after Jacobs are the start of the window, just didn't want to pay what Portsmouth were after for him.

I guess with Celina now unavailable we've reconsidered what we're willing to pay for Jacobs.

It doesn't seem an exciting one on paper - a 29 year old L1 player who's just finished an injury hit season, but nobody knows him as well as Paul Cook - so I think we'll all have to trust his judgement on this one!

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Michael Jacobs signing disappointing… on 10:01 - Aug 6 with 2148 viewsKeno

I think its called 'Plan B'

and we do need to build a squad, which is what we are doing.

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Michael Jacobs signing disappointing… on 10:12 - Aug 6 with 2018 viewsitfcjoe

From what i understand this deal was always going to be one that happens - Cook's guy, knows the system, cn play in any of the 3 roles.

He just needs to get through a thorough medical as the sports science guys aren't as keen as Cook is

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Michael Jacobs signing disappointing… on 10:13 - Aug 6 with 2000 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Michael Jacobs signing disappointing… on 09:54 - Aug 6 by hoppy

I don’t recall that one…

'Mugged Off' is a great troll comment.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Michael Jacobs signing disappointing… on 10:21 - Aug 6 with 1895 viewsSitfcB

Good squad player to have surely, just needs to get fit. It’s a long old season, need the numbers in.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024