Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris Boris Boris! 19:39 - Jun 7 with 7886 viewsBlueWalloo

Loving the lefty shenanigans on here. So just for balance.

KEEP BRITAIN BLUE

TORY + TOWN.

Genuine Town fan. Just adding some balance
Boris Boris Boris! on 11:05 - Jun 8 with 1331 viewsKeno

Boris Boris Boris! on 10:54 - Jun 8 by Darth_Koont

Diane Abbott would have been a LOT better for this country than Dorries, Hancock, Patel, Gove etc.

Having said that, I find the current Labour Party deeply unimpressive and inadequate. But that in no way detracts from how awful the Tories have been in government.

has there ever been a time when British politics so so bereft of decent hardworking trustworthy politicians on either side of the house?

The current Tory bunch make Profumo look like a saint

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Boris Boris Boris! on 11:12 - Jun 8 with 1314 viewsSwansea_Blue

Boris Boris Boris! on 11:05 - Jun 8 by Keno

has there ever been a time when British politics so so bereft of decent hardworking trustworthy politicians on either side of the house?

That's a bit 'both siding it' again. If there's evidence that all parties have a similar shortage decent, hardworking and trustworthy people, then fine. I'm not aware of that evidence though.

Other parties don't currently appear to suffer from a cabal within a party, that's trashing the reputation of all politicians, quite like the current government and the ERGers.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Boris Boris Boris! on 12:32 - Jun 8 with 1258 viewsBlueWalloo

Remind me again which party is in seat in Ipswich again? The one that you all-seeing holier than thou supporters seam to loathe so much 😂
Boris Boris Boris! on 12:39 - Jun 8 with 1238 viewswkj

Boris Boris Boris! on 12:32 - Jun 8 by BlueWalloo

Remind me again which party is in seat in Ipswich again? The one that you all-seeing holier than thou supporters seam to loathe so much 😂

I forget, Paul Lambert?

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Boris Boris Boris! on 12:54 - Jun 8 with 1210 viewsnoggin

Boris Boris Boris! on 12:32 - Jun 8 by BlueWalloo

So what are you saying, Ipswich voted tory so BJ must be good?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Boris Boris Boris! on 13:00 - Jun 8 with 1194 viewsDarth_Koont

Boris Boris Boris! on 11:05 - Jun 8 by Keno

Short answer: no.

The two main parties are largely bereft of values beyond the purely political and whatever serves their own and their donors'/patrons' self-interest.

We're seeing what happens when our woefully inadequate democratic system is exploited by sociopaths.

Pronouns: He/Him

Boris Boris Boris! on 13:04 - Jun 8 with 1178 viewsDarth_Koont

Boris Boris Boris! on 11:12 - Jun 8 by Swansea_Blue

That's a bit 'both siding it' again. If there's evidence that all parties have a similar shortage decent, hardworking and trustworthy people, then fine. I'm not aware of that evidence though.

Other parties don't currently appear to suffer from a cabal within a party, that's trashing the reputation of all politicians, quite like the current government and the ERGers.

The Labour Right says hold my beer.

I'd say they're the worst of all politicians. Because they literally offer no alternative to anything, they just want their turn to cash in.

Boris Boris Boris! on 15:25 - Jun 8 with 1103 viewsHARRY10

Boris Boris Boris! on 06:29 - Jun 8 by BlueWalloo

Amazing feedback. Straight to the bottom of the barrel with the responses. Same claptrap every time someone has a different POV on here. No balance, just abuse :-). Fun watching it all unfold though.

I personally see very little between the parties today. One man’s muck is another man’s brass. Same level of incompetence on both sides. Same level of deceit, same level of point scoring and same level of buffoonery. Could have been worse I guess - Dianne Abbott could have been in a position of power!!!
😂😂😂😂

oh dear, another rightie fighting for the title of Idiot Rightie of the Day, with the old chestnut

"they are all as bad as each another ... baa baa...."

not quite understanding who has been in power for the past 12 years

I expect he'll be telling us next, that Neil Warnock was no better than any other manager in his time here
Login to get fewer ads

Boris Boris Boris! on 17:37 - Jun 8 with 1046 viewsXYZ

Boris Boris Boris! on 13:04 - Jun 8 by Darth_Koont

The Labour Right says hold my beer.

I'd say they're the worst of all politicians. Because they literally offer no alternative to anything, they just want their turn to cash in.

Really? Would the homeless and poverty figures be no different?

The NHS? Education?

I get the point, but come on ...
Boris Boris Boris! on 18:09 - Jun 8 with 1028 viewsKeno

Boris Boris Boris! on 11:12 - Jun 8 by Swansea_Blue

That may have come across harsh on Labour, for which I apologise

They are decent, hardworking and trustworthy people, but they are also just so bland. I heard Starmer described as political wallpaper.

With the Tories in the state they are labour should be doing much better than they are

Boris Boris Boris! on 18:18 - Jun 8 with 1012 viewsXYZ

Boris Boris Boris! on 18:09 - Jun 8 by Keno

They are decent, hardworking and trustworthy people, but they are also just so bland. I heard Starmer described as political wallpaper.

With the Tories in the state they are labour should be doing much better than they are

But, Ed Davey ...
Boris Boris Boris! on 18:33 - Jun 8 with 984 viewsSwansea_Blue

Boris Boris Boris! on 17:37 - Jun 8 by XYZ

The NHS? Education?

Dearth isn’t interested in better. I haven’t worked out yet weather that makes him noble for sticking to an ideal or equally as tribal as those he claims to dislike. That’s not a dig either and I don’t know the answer. I’d prefer better even if not perfect, but if you don’t strive for major change you’ll never get it.

Boris Boris Boris! on 18:43 - Jun 8 with 968 viewsSwansea_Blue

I was thinking more of people like Caroline Lucas, but you can pick good ones from across the parties.

Boris Boris Boris! on 19:16 - Jun 8 with 951 viewsHARRY10

I think an 11 point lead in the polls would suggest they are doing OK, from level 6 months ago

and the lead has been continuous for 6 months

seems to be doing OK in Wakefield, as well

yesterdays poll puts them 22 points ahead of the Tories

put that into perspective

Lab 523 seats
Con 50 seats

which I suppose is one of the handicaps of being bland, as opposed to being a liar
Boris Boris Boris! on 19:31 - Jun 8 with 938 viewsjeera

Oh that's just great.

I clicked on the OP to have a look and upvoted it by accident.

Ffs.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Boris Boris Boris! on 08:28 - Jun 9 with 838 viewsblueasfook

Boris Boris Boris! on 21:33 - Jun 7 by waveneyblue

And Blue Badger up votes it.... says it all

I have that div on my div list. You should do the same. Improves TWTD 100% let me assure you.

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Boris Boris Boris! on 08:46 - Jun 9 with 811 viewsDarth_Koont

Boris Boris Boris! on 17:37 - Jun 8 by XYZ

The NHS? Education?

We’ll have to see. If you’re looking at New Labour as your guide, the NHS with PFI is very debatable. I’ll give you their splurge on education but still not enough. And inequalities, housing, manufacturing all got worse under New Labour and the current cultish breed don’t look like challenging that. They even seem a bit Tufton Street.

Basically, we’d be going from GB to Lowhouse.

Boris Boris Boris! on 09:53 - Jun 9 with 786 viewsitfcjoe

Boris Boris Boris! on 18:33 - Jun 8 by Swansea_Blue

Dearth isn’t interested in better. I haven’t worked out yet weather that makes him noble for sticking to an ideal or equally as tribal as those he claims to dislike. That’s not a dig either and I don’t know the answer. I’d prefer better even if not perfect, but if you don’t strive for major change you’ll never get it.

Perfect is the enemy of good

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Boris Boris Boris! on 09:54 - Jun 9 with 783 viewswkj

Boris Boris Boris! on 09:53 - Jun 9 by itfcjoe

Perfect is the enemy of good

I dunno, I still manage to be pretty virtuous.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Boris Boris Boris! on 10:03 - Jun 9 with 775 viewsKeno

Boris Boris Boris! on 09:54 - Jun 9 by wkj

I dunno, I still manage to be pretty virtuous.

isnt that they make some ceramic toilets out of?

Boris Boris Boris! on 10:11 - Jun 9 with 768 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Boris Boris Boris! on 10:03 - Jun 9 by Keno

isnt that they make some ceramic toilets out of?

Think you're right Keno ....

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Boris Boris Boris! on 11:43 - Jun 9 with 728 viewsRyorry

I don't think Andy Burnham does Starmer any favours in the sense that every time Burnham speaks he comes across as dynamic, passionate & making incisive attacks on the Tories, in a way that (bland, as you say) Starmer just isn't. He reminds me of Geoffrey Howe's (?iirc) attacks on Thatcher being described as "like being savaged by a dead sheep".

Yes Starmer is as intelligent, decent and strong as Burnham, but so far he's failed to convey that - he & the party really need to start kicking into gear now with serious policies on major issues - health & social care, housing, the economy etc - delivered forcefully. We're almost in a run up to the next GE now.

And I'm saying that as someone who's always been 100% supportive of Starmer, but it does seem to me now that he's not getting enough engagement with the electorate.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Boris Boris Boris! on 11:51 - Jun 9 with 721 viewsKeno

Boris Boris Boris! on 11:43 - Jun 9 by Ryorry

I don't think Andy Burnham does Starmer any favours in the sense that every time Burnham speaks he comes across as dynamic, passionate & making incisive attacks on the Tories, in a way that (bland, as you say) Starmer just isn't. He reminds me of Geoffrey Howe's (?iirc) attacks on Thatcher being described as "like being savaged by a dead sheep".

Yes Starmer is as intelligent, decent and strong as Burnham, but so far he's failed to convey that - he & the party really need to start kicking into gear now with serious policies on major issues - health & social care, housing, the economy etc - delivered forcefully. We're almost in a run up to the next GE now.

And I'm saying that as someone who's always been 100% supportive of Starmer, but it does seem to me now that he's not getting enough engagement with the electorate.

My son is very pro labour and like you a very strong Starmer supporter.

He didnt get 'my issue' him until he watched the Blair/Brown series on BBC afterwhich he said as good as he is Starmer isnt a 'front man'

Unfortunately for Labour and the country the one guy who could 'front' Labour is Alan Burnham who has now been (whether by his choice or others) marginalised

Boris Boris Boris! on 12:01 - Jun 9 with 715 viewsDarth_Koont

Boris Boris Boris! on 11:43 - Jun 9 by Ryorry

I don’t see a deceitful leadership campaign, limiting the internal democracy of the Labour Party and trying to restrict views as decent or particularly intelligent and strong.

Starmer is an apparatchik looking to make himself and his cronies useful to the interests of capital and the establishment. If he could focus on his real customers – UK citizens as a whole – then he’d have a point and would be addressing those major issues.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2022 12:02]

Boris Boris Boris! on 12:08 - Jun 9 with 694 viewsgiant_stow

Boris Boris Boris! on 12:01 - Jun 9 by Darth_Koont

I don’t see a deceitful leadership campaign, limiting the internal democracy of the Labour Party and trying to restrict views as decent or particularly intelligent and strong.

Starmer is an apparatchik looking to make himself and his cronies useful to the interests of capital and the establishment. If he could focus on his real customers – UK citizens as a whole – then he’d have a point and would be addressing those major issues.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2022 12:02]

At least Starmer's given an honest and decent answer on the train strikes (support the right to strike, but doesn't want this strike right now) unlike Nandy who is attempting the cake and eat it routine: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jun/09/labour-frontbencher-lisa-nandy-c

Sorry, a bit by the by and you probably disagree with him, but it would have been easier to say what she did.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024