Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away Tickets 18:23 - Sep 4 with 20397 viewsmattrolow

I know this has been covered, but I’m getting really bored of this whole ego filled ticket mafia the membership scheme has created.

Just created a bunch of wannabe Twitter popular weirdos offering out their tickets to get the points.

Would love it if the club took the points off every single one of them.
Away Tickets on 15:21 - Sep 5 with 2268 viewslizzibee

Away Tickets on 14:30 - Sep 5 by textbackup

I was only joking 🙃

I know :-)
Away Tickets on 16:11 - Sep 5 with 2204 viewsBrads

Away Tickets on 07:37 - Sep 5 by TractorWood

The FAs cap system had various ballots in it too. Something like:

70% go in caps order
20% go in a ballot of people who have been to a handful of games
10% go in a ballot to anyone

The club do need to step in on this to try and stop people hoovering up tickets and not going. Prem clubs have really stern policies on this and transferring tickets - like lengthy bans. This is obviously happening.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2023 7:39]

It’s 70% caps and 30% ballot for Eng away games. Second chance sale if you miss out (made up of tickets not bought by those who were successful). Although they changed it slightly for Scotland and allocated them to those who narrowly missed out on caps instead of having a second chance sale. Then waiting list for returns, in caps order.

I did suggest something like it to the club last season when the new scheme was under consideration. I used the example of some Prem clubs having issues (closed shop for away tickets, then some are able to sell on the ones they don’t want to go to for profit, whilst maintaining their priority level). Club didn’t reply though. Not sure how bothered they really are despite what they say. Would be easy to have a word with the likes of Cruncher now re publicly advertising for people to use memberships.
Away Tickets on 16:17 - Sep 5 with 2188 viewsBrads

Away Tickets on 12:43 - Sep 5 by TractorCam

He means at the away ground. England do the same to stop the point collecting.

Think England do it more for security at away games, to stop people who aren’t vetted getting tickets.

People still buy home tickets and sell on for caps. It’s just slightly better in that they have to be scanned in at the turnstiles to count, so at least tickets aren’t completely wasted.
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 16:25 - Sep 5 with 2166 viewsBrads

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 12:21 - Sep 5 by PhilTWTD

They are aware and are looking into ways of addressing it. I know they were less than happy with the way tickets were being redistributed last season as well.

Imagine it’ll be a hot topic at the next fans forum so we may find out more then.
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 16:26 - Sep 5 with 2165 viewsMullet

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 14:10 - Sep 5 by PhilTWTD

I'm surprised a quiet word hasn't already been had, by the police if not the club.

Sting probably has better things to do.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 16:29 - Sep 5 with 2141 viewsMullet

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 12:21 - Sep 5 by PhilTWTD

They are aware and are looking into ways of addressing it. I know they were less than happy with the way tickets were being redistributed last season as well.

Any room in the press box these days?

Away Tickets on 16:35 - Sep 5 with 2126 viewsozzy_itfc

Very clearly a divisive subject, judging by the number of comments each time one of these threads appears on this subject.

It is clearly a money making exercise from the club that will create a core group of a few thousand fans who attend or whom buy tickets for others to all away games. Unless something is done to stop the latter.

Personally, I think a non season ticket holder buying a membership should get the equal priority to away tickets to a season ticket holder (as well as top priority for home tickets)

A season ticket holder who buys a membership then gets the higher level priority through the extra 5 points or however they wish to do it

Anybody who buys an away ticket gets a point, regardless of 'paid' membership (would argue that having a season ticket should be the membership considering the amount of money you are committing to ITFC each year)
Away Tickets on 16:40 - Sep 5 with 2103 viewsMullet

Away Tickets on 16:35 - Sep 5 by ozzy_itfc

Very clearly a divisive subject, judging by the number of comments each time one of these threads appears on this subject.

It is clearly a money making exercise from the club that will create a core group of a few thousand fans who attend or whom buy tickets for others to all away games. Unless something is done to stop the latter.

Personally, I think a non season ticket holder buying a membership should get the equal priority to away tickets to a season ticket holder (as well as top priority for home tickets)

A season ticket holder who buys a membership then gets the higher level priority through the extra 5 points or however they wish to do it

Anybody who buys an away ticket gets a point, regardless of 'paid' membership (would argue that having a season ticket should be the membership considering the amount of money you are committing to ITFC each year)

Your last point is the problem. You're committing "less" because of the savings you receive for that seat, for all the home games per season. That's the trade off.

This idea that a season ticket affects away games etc. is a misconception as a lot of ST holders don't travel often if at all (which is fine by the by).

Regardless of what the system should be, it's the abuse of what it is and the manner of it that rankles isn't it? Let alone the arrogance and hypocrisy of those acting like a face, then sh1tting on the club so brazenly.

Login to get fewer ads

Away Tickets on 17:25 - Sep 5 with 2019 viewsTresBonne

Personally I still think it's a little naughty from the club not to add the points on for those who didn't have memberships last season.

I got to 13 away games last year without a membership (just ST holder), although I've managed to get to all of them thus far this year on only 5+ points I feel a little let down as I'm currently sat on 8 when I should really be on 21.
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 20:05 - Sep 5 with 1884 viewsPlums

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 14:25 - Sep 5 by lizzibee

I agree. £40 is a bargain in my opinion. But then I am biased as I have 36 points so with a fair wind should be guaranteed a ticket for Norwich

What exactly are you getting for your 'bargain' £40? Please do enlighten me as I find this whole thing extremely bizarre.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Away Tickets on 21:53 - Sep 5 with 1782 viewsGiveusanI

Away Tickets on 22:14 - Sep 4 by SheffordBlue

Big allocation. Tuesday night. This will probably go to general sale and I'll be surprised if anyone with 5 points or more can't get a ticket

What is the allocation for Southampton, anyone know? I have 13 points now but only scrapped a ticket to QPR via a returned ticket from the ITFC ticket office.
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 21:57 - Sep 5 with 1764 viewslizzibee

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 20:05 - Sep 5 by Plums

What exactly are you getting for your 'bargain' £40? Please do enlighten me as I find this whole thing extremely bizarre.

There are a number of benefits including the option to get tickets earlier than some others. It's much cheaper than most other clubs. £40 is the cost of about eight pints over the course of the season - not a massive cost is it! You don't have to pay if you don't want - no one is forcing.
its good for me, and a bargain, as gets me top of pecking order for tickets
Away Tickets on 21:59 - Sep 5 with 1761 viewslizzibee

Away Tickets on 17:25 - Sep 5 by TresBonne

Personally I still think it's a little naughty from the club not to add the points on for those who didn't have memberships last season.

I got to 13 away games last year without a membership (just ST holder), although I've managed to get to all of them thus far this year on only 5+ points I feel a little let down as I'm currently sat on 8 when I should really be on 21.

It's also rewarding those who spend the additional money on a membership card
Away Tickets on 23:05 - Sep 5 with 1709 viewsskinnybob72

This is where I am.

My concern is that we could get to a point where away games become a 'closed shop' where the same couple of thousand have enough points to guarantee themselves a ticket / the points even if they choose to sell on.
Away Tickets on 23:44 - Sep 5 with 1670 viewsbicesterblue4

Completely agree with this.

No system will please everyone and this one is pretty good in principle, but this was an error.

Yes, force membership for the this year, but why penalise those who attended several away but didn't have membership last year?

I had the membership last year but only attended 9 aways and don't think I should have a 14 point advantage over people who went to more. So yes, I have been advantaged but I can't see the commercial downside for the club to award those points. Should be done now retrospectively imo.
Away Tickets on 08:23 - Sep 6 with 1533 viewsxrayspecs

Away Tickets on 23:44 - Sep 5 by bicesterblue4

Completely agree with this.

No system will please everyone and this one is pretty good in principle, but this was an error.

Yes, force membership for the this year, but why penalise those who attended several away but didn't have membership last year?

I had the membership last year but only attended 9 aways and don't think I should have a 14 point advantage over people who went to more. So yes, I have been advantaged but I can't see the commercial downside for the club to award those points. Should be done now retrospectively imo.

I think this is the one aspect of the new scheme they got wrong.

They could have recognised non-members away games from last season as a one-off transitional arrangement, with everyone knowing that this would not be the case next season.
Away Tickets on 08:48 - Sep 6 with 1498 viewstractorshark

Away Tickets on 16:40 - Sep 5 by Mullet

Your last point is the problem. You're committing "less" because of the savings you receive for that seat, for all the home games per season. That's the trade off.

This idea that a season ticket affects away games etc. is a misconception as a lot of ST holders don't travel often if at all (which is fine by the by).

Regardless of what the system should be, it's the abuse of what it is and the manner of it that rankles isn't it? Let alone the arrogance and hypocrisy of those acting like a face, then sh1tting on the club so brazenly.

Absolutely spot on.

Whatever the system in place, it’s the abuse of it that has angered people.

Last season it was good natured and done in good faith but I’m not sure that’s totally the case now or at the very least well advised given the club’s membership price hike and the demand for tickets.

Hawking your membership helps one fan but stitches up countless others by depriving them of the chance to buy it fairly through the club.

That’s not very charitable in my opinion if the motives are for points or publicity.

The club needs to rattle a few cages because it’s blatantly happening on social media.
Away Tickets on 09:08 - Sep 6 with 1444 viewsmattrolow

Away Tickets on 08:48 - Sep 6 by tractorshark

Absolutely spot on.

Whatever the system in place, it’s the abuse of it that has angered people.

Last season it was good natured and done in good faith but I’m not sure that’s totally the case now or at the very least well advised given the club’s membership price hike and the demand for tickets.

Hawking your membership helps one fan but stitches up countless others by depriving them of the chance to buy it fairly through the club.

That’s not very charitable in my opinion if the motives are for points or publicity.

The club needs to rattle a few cages because it’s blatantly happening on social media.

Think you've summed it up pretty well here, it's being done for personal gain and the determent of others.

It's a blatant abuse and the club needs to do something sooner rather than later before it gets out of hand.
Away Tickets on 09:46 - Sep 6 with 1381 viewsSamWhiteUK

So are we all in agreement that calling out these idiots is the right thing to do?
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 09:57 - Sep 6 with 1353 viewsPhilTWTD

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 16:26 - Sep 5 by Mullet

Sting probably has better things to do.

To be fair, listening to his records in recent years, he probably hasn't.
Away Tickets on 10:19 - Sep 6 with 1301 viewsBrads

Away Tickets on 09:08 - Sep 6 by mattrolow

Think you've summed it up pretty well here, it's being done for personal gain and the determent of others.

It's a blatant abuse and the club needs to do something sooner rather than later before it gets out of hand.

In a way it’s nothing new (the principal behind the system and the abuse of it). Up to last season some of the same individuals offered use of their gold cards when not being used. Not out of kindness but because they knew the ticket would then be registered against their customer number and it’d help in the event of additional priority games (E.g. Bracknell, which got to general sale anyway) and when the new system was introduced. Even pre internet sales when you needed say 5 ticket stubs for certain games, regular away followers would give their spares to people they knew.

It’s probably just more widespread now because people are more aware of it. A lot of people didn’t know that it was useful to have the ticket registered to your customer number previously. There also seems to be a misconception that some need to get tickets through others for every game, otherwise they won’t stand a chance. In reality that’s probably only the case for a few games if people are quick when they are able to buy. People were asking for help for Sheff Weds on Twitter before tickets had even gone on sale. Yet sales for the next two away games have started quite slowly so it’s probably unnecessary. Current sales may also suggest that we don’t have many fans on a high number of points who intend to go to every game.
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 10:21 - Sep 6 with 1290 viewsitfcjoe

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 11:18 - Sep 5 by Bloots

…because it’s obvious what is going on, if they aren’t aware then they are completely out of touch.

My concern, as always with Ashton, is that if anything it’s creating even more demand for tickets and ultimately more revenue and exposure for the club.

Will he actually care? Or will he just look at the economics?

I think it is a difficult one for club because ultimately their priority is selling their allocation and then not having anything further to do with it which costs money like the admin involved in checking tickets.

At some point the club will have to do 'something' though, because they'll need to respond to complaints from members stumping up £40 and not getting a fair crack of it.

It's fairly obvious, well to me anyway, that the 'something' will be looking at those brazenly doing it on social media, offering tickets for sale well in advance of the game when they are still going through the priorities (If genuine reasons then they should be returned to the club)

What the 'something' will unlikely be in the first instance is ticket checks, collection points etc so if people want to buy tickets and not use them, or trade tickets privately then they will likely be fine.

For the Soton game I've got a mate who wants to come, wants to sit with us, but has other commitments most Saturdays and lives down that way - there is no point him getting a membership to cover literally 2 or 3 games a season. He can either wait for general sale and sit on his own, or find another mate who has more points and help him out. He knows when push comes to shove he is very unlikely to get tickets to the big games so will just make his choice

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Away Tickets on 10:34 - Sep 6 with 1241 viewsBrads

Away Tickets on 09:46 - Sep 6 by SamWhiteUK

So are we all in agreement that calling out these idiots is the right thing to do?

Think it might be more of an effective deterrent if the @itfchelp account (Supporter Services) replied to a few relevant tweets directly, with a reminder of the policy for all to see. People might be less willing to offer their memberships to strangers on public forums if the impression was given that it was being actively monitored to some extent and that action could be taken.

Can’t see that approach happening though and the method of releasing a club statement last season made no difference.
Away Tickets on 10:39 - Sep 6 with 1213 viewstractorboy1978

Away Tickets on 09:08 - Sep 6 by mattrolow

Club could stop all of this by warning the most 'high profile' narcissist on Twitter (who won't be able to stop himself from making it public for attention) and then banning him for 12 months if he persists.
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 10:41 - Sep 6 with 1202 viewsSteve_M

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 10:21 - Sep 6 by itfcjoe

I think it is a difficult one for club because ultimately their priority is selling their allocation and then not having anything further to do with it which costs money like the admin involved in checking tickets.

At some point the club will have to do 'something' though, because they'll need to respond to complaints from members stumping up £40 and not getting a fair crack of it.

It's fairly obvious, well to me anyway, that the 'something' will be looking at those brazenly doing it on social media, offering tickets for sale well in advance of the game when they are still going through the priorities (If genuine reasons then they should be returned to the club)

What the 'something' will unlikely be in the first instance is ticket checks, collection points etc so if people want to buy tickets and not use them, or trade tickets privately then they will likely be fine.

For the Soton game I've got a mate who wants to come, wants to sit with us, but has other commitments most Saturdays and lives down that way - there is no point him getting a membership to cover literally 2 or 3 games a season. He can either wait for general sale and sit on his own, or find another mate who has more points and help him out. He knows when push comes to shove he is very unlikely to get tickets to the big games so will just make his choice

I think you highlight the big difference between informally loaning a Gold Card to a friend who didn't have the priority for the odd match and the blatant touting of tickets immediately after purchase.

I think some have overreacted to the system because, outside of Norwich and maybe Watford, the away allocations are far larger than last season and most people will be fine.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024