Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away Tickets 18:23 - Sep 4 with 20399 viewsmattrolow

I know this has been covered, but I’m getting really bored of this whole ego filled ticket mafia the membership scheme has created.

Just created a bunch of wannabe Twitter popular weirdos offering out their tickets to get the points.

Would love it if the club took the points off every single one of them.
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 13:23 - Sep 6 with 1511 viewschislehurstblue

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 13:12 - Sep 6 by xrayspecs

Agree with all tat.

It is a much bigger issue at the more successful clubs. IIRC, someone believes around 20% of Arsenal STs are not used by the person listed on the ticket. Many were bought specifically to resell on a game by game basis, to "football tourists", who are in London and want to take in a live game.

20% wouldnt surprise me. I would say West Ham is now the same with lots of companies snapping up their ST when they moved to their new free stadium as it was a closed shop at Chelsea, Arsenal etc.

I think Liverpool was higher than 20% until they had they amnesty on the ST.

I do wonder how many of the people moaning actually went to away games last season or want to go to away games this year. I suspect a very low %. I imagine its just people moaning as they think its all unfair and believe they have the right to go to an away game whenever they feel like as its their entitlement to do so.

As i say, I have 12 credit and got a ticket for every away this season so far. if I had 5 I still would have been able to get to these games!
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 13:25 - Sep 6 with 1497 viewstextbackup

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 13:20 - Sep 6 by DJR

The issue though is that you could find some people playing the system and having more points next season than they ought to.

I currently have 21 points, and hope to attend at least 10 away games this season, but I could still find people ahead of me next season who haven't actually attended as many games as me.

As long as you are in the top 1500/2000 attendees you’ll be fine for a ticket pretty much anywhere.
Don’t worry if you aren’t at the top mate

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 13:42 - Sep 6 with 1450 viewsDJR

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 13:25 - Sep 6 by textbackup

As long as you are in the top 1500/2000 attendees you’ll be fine for a ticket pretty much anywhere.

That thought did strike me as was writing my post.
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 14:00 - Sep 6 with 1402 viewsPJH

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 13:07 - Sep 6 by xrayspecs

Exactly. I think this season the most you could have started with is 35.

5 - for being a member last season
5 - for being a member this season
23 - league games
2 - cup games

At the end of this season you lose the points gained last season (maximum 30). So start of next season, the most points anyone could have is 5 (23/4 membership) + 5 (24/5 membership) + 23 league games + however many away cup ties/play off games we have.

36 I think, they included the Pizza Cup game at Cambridge. I started with 35 and now have 40, the top at this moment is 41.
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 14:02 - Sep 6 with 1399 viewsmattrolow

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 13:23 - Sep 6 by chislehurstblue

20% wouldnt surprise me. I would say West Ham is now the same with lots of companies snapping up their ST when they moved to their new free stadium as it was a closed shop at Chelsea, Arsenal etc.

I think Liverpool was higher than 20% until they had they amnesty on the ST.

I do wonder how many of the people moaning actually went to away games last season or want to go to away games this year. I suspect a very low %. I imagine its just people moaning as they think its all unfair and believe they have the right to go to an away game whenever they feel like as its their entitlement to do so.

As i say, I have 12 credit and got a ticket for every away this season so far. if I had 5 I still would have been able to get to these games!

I went to away games last season (and every season before since I've been going) and have enough points for it not to be an issue for me.

Doesn't mean that we should just accept what is happening though, same as because it happens at big clubs in the Premier League it shouldn't be justification for it being okay.

Helping your mate out is one thing and I don't think anyone cares about that on the odd occasion but the handing out of memberships on social media to complete strangers for their own gain is wrong and makes the whole system pointless.

If the club allows it to get to that point then we'll have to get on with it, but nothing wrong with asking them to nip it in the bud. Everyone has the right to support their team and the membership system is the fairest way to do that.
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 14:06 - Sep 6 with 1388 viewsPrideOfTheEast

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 14:02 - Sep 6 by mattrolow

I went to away games last season (and every season before since I've been going) and have enough points for it not to be an issue for me.

Doesn't mean that we should just accept what is happening though, same as because it happens at big clubs in the Premier League it shouldn't be justification for it being okay.

Helping your mate out is one thing and I don't think anyone cares about that on the odd occasion but the handing out of memberships on social media to complete strangers for their own gain is wrong and makes the whole system pointless.

If the club allows it to get to that point then we'll have to get on with it, but nothing wrong with asking them to nip it in the bud. Everyone has the right to support their team and the membership system is the fairest way to do that.

Agree with that, and I suspect that's the angle the club will look at it from. The person who thinks they're some sort of face of ticketing on twitter just needs to be shut down - not sure what his motivation is but all the self promotion over the last few years does not sit comfortably.
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 14:06 - Sep 6 with 1385 viewslizzibee

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 20:05 - Sep 5 by Plums

What exactly are you getting for your 'bargain' £40? Please do enlighten me as I find this whole thing extremely bizarre.

Away points - you need membership for that and priority sales window for away tickets. £40 really isn't much and less than many other clubs.
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 14:13 - Sep 6 with 1334 viewslizzibee

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 11:34 - Sep 6 by Kieran_Knows

I've half wondered if they'll up the points bracket for Norwich away as well? Something like 40+, 35+ and so on.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2023 11:48]

I suspect5 Norwich will be invite only or 45 for that time of the season. I need four more games to get that and the lad needs eight to reach that level
Login to get fewer ads

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 14:13 - Sep 6 with 1329 viewsxrayspecs

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 14:00 - Sep 6 by PJH

36 I think, they included the Pizza Cup game at Cambridge. I started with 35 and now have 40, the top at this moment is 41.

Ah yes, I forgot about Cambridge.

Which one did you miss last season then?

I am now on 35 and even went to Reading, I do not normally do cup games.
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 14:17 - Sep 6 with 1309 viewstextbackup

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 14:00 - Sep 6 by PJH

If I was on 40, and the top was 41… I’d be pissed off with myself 😂

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 14:18 - Sep 6 with 1310 viewslizzibee

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 12:57 - Sep 6 by chislehurstblue

Surely no one believes that this is an issue only with ITFC?

Most PL clubs clubs have similar issues. I have friends who have ST at Liverpool and Arsenal and are both in names of friends, friends of friends or sometime unknown individuals that have past away and they then pay the family to have their ST in that persons name as they know if that family gives up the ticket then they have no chance of getting a ST as the wait is so long for new ST to come up.

I believe a few years back Liverpool had a period where you could admit to the club that your ST was in someone else name and therefore that persons address and then club would change it into your name with no questions asked.

My mate who has an Arsenal ST lost his actual ST on a night out and had to call the club to have a new one sent. It went to the widow of the original ST and he had to travel a fair distance to pick it up.

Even at Ipswich this kind of behaviour has happened before with the use of others Gold Card, the use of ticket stubs and vouchers for away games. I really dont see why its all of a sudden become an issue. Maybe some dont like the success that the club is currently achieving and greater demand for tickets.

This is not a new issue in football. People really need to stop moaning about it and move on. I have 12 points so in the bottom group and got tickets for every away game so far this season by being on line at the right times. If people who really want to go to away games spent less time on this forum / twitter moaning about it and focus on getting tickets then they might have tickets.

If you cant afford the £40 for a away membership card then I would probably suggest you carefully consider if an away game with match ticket, travel, food and drink is within your budget and the best use of your available funds.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2023 13:10]

Exactly this. People spend too much time moaning. It happens everywhere and won't be a significant issue as people think. There are only a few games where tickets will out quickly - norwich in particular and only those with maximum points will get tickets (perfectly fair!). Millwall and Watford are both midweek which will put some people off.
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 14:19 - Sep 6 with 1304 viewslizzibee

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 13:07 - Sep 6 by xrayspecs

Exactly. I think this season the most you could have started with is 35.

5 - for being a member last season
5 - for being a member this season
23 - league games
2 - cup games

At the end of this season you lose the points gained last season (maximum 30). So start of next season, the most points anyone could have is 5 (23/4 membership) + 5 (24/5 membership) + 23 league games + however many away cup ties/play off games we have.

Three cup games. Bracknell, Burnley and Pizza cup at Cambridge
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 14:21 - Sep 6 with 1291 viewstractorboy1978

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 14:18 - Sep 6 by lizzibee

Exactly this. People spend too much time moaning. It happens everywhere and won't be a significant issue as people think. There are only a few games where tickets will out quickly - norwich in particular and only those with maximum points will get tickets (perfectly fair!). Millwall and Watford are both midweek which will put some people off.

I don't think it will be an issue generally but still don't agree with someone acting as a self appointed ticket exchange/encouraging people to game the system on Twitter.
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 14:26 - Sep 6 with 1259 viewsPJH

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 14:13 - Sep 6 by xrayspecs

Ah yes, I forgot about Cambridge.

Which one did you miss last season then?

I am now on 35 and even went to Reading, I do not normally do cup games.

I did not go to Pizza Cup at Cambridge, did not go to home games either in that competition. There were a lot more at Reading than I thought there would be but if the club saying 3000 were sold there were still 7/800 bought for the point.
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 14:26 - Sep 6 with 1255 viewsitfcjoe

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 14:06 - Sep 6 by lizzibee

Away points - you need membership for that and priority sales window for away tickets. £40 really isn't much and less than many other clubs.

£40 is still a lot of money just to be allowed to purchase tickets to an away game, there is no value in it and just a chance for the club to coin in a lot of money for nothing.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 14:28 - Sep 6 with 1251 viewsPJH

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 14:17 - Sep 6 by textbackup

If I was on 40, and the top was 41… I’d be pissed off with myself 😂

I am devastated because instead of being able to buy at 10 when tickets go on sale, I am able to buy at 10 when they go on sale.
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 14:29 - Sep 6 with 1245 viewsmattrolow

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 14:18 - Sep 6 by lizzibee

A genuine question - if getting tickets won't be an issue (and hasn't seemingly been much of an issue so far this season) then why are they doing it?

Not one person who I have seen doing it has been able to actually answer this question.

Is it because they're doing it for attention and to maximise their own priority? Can't see any other reason 'helping fans get to games' isn't making a lot of sense if availability isn't an issue.
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 14:37 - Sep 6 with 1222 viewsbluelagos

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 13:58 - Sep 5 by PhilTWTD

Perhaps there needs to be a reminder that selling tickets on is illegal even at face value and maybe checks on who is using tickets, although clearly it's impractical to do that comprehensively.

I knew selling a ticket for a profit was a criminal offense but had no idea merely selling on at face value was

Does kind of male it easy for the club to act. Put a notice in the programme and on any emails and then give 2 or 3 fans a 5 game (aways) ban , publicise it and the problem pretty much stops.

State that random name checks will take place and no matching name/ID mean no entry.

Publicise the method to return tickets.

Problem solved.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 14:50 - Sep 6 with 1182 viewsDinDjarin

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 12:42 - Sep 6 by textbackup

I’ve a mate that will do maybe 2 away games this season.

Both are games I won’t be going to as on call… so I’ve offer him my customer number to ensure he gets a ticket early… just as I would have if this was a GC situation.

He hasn’t got a membership so I can’t ask club to transfer the point to him.

Yes it’s probably not completely the right thing to do, but it is what it is.

Same here.

Have a family member moved to Devon several years back and wants to use my memberships for Plymouth and Bristol City.

Was not planning to go to those so will do the same as when I had a Gold Card and lend my memberships out.
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 14:56 - Sep 6 with 1151 viewsunbelievablue

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 14:37 - Sep 6 by bluelagos

I knew selling a ticket for a profit was a criminal offense but had no idea merely selling on at face value was

Does kind of male it easy for the club to act. Put a notice in the programme and on any emails and then give 2 or 3 fans a 5 game (aways) ban , publicise it and the problem pretty much stops.

State that random name checks will take place and no matching name/ID mean no entry.

Publicise the method to return tickets.

Problem solved.

Someone else can use your ticket, but not if you sell it to them - is that not the case?

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 14:57 - Sep 6 with 1143 viewslizzibee

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 14:29 - Sep 6 by mattrolow

A genuine question - if getting tickets won't be an issue (and hasn't seemingly been much of an issue so far this season) then why are they doing it?

Not one person who I have seen doing it has been able to actually answer this question.

Is it because they're doing it for attention and to maximise their own priority? Can't see any other reason 'helping fans get to games' isn't making a lot of sense if availability isn't an issue.

I can only assume panic rather than waiting as I genuinely think only a few games will be affected. And in fairness people would expect not to get tickets for Norwich unless had a lot of points. Personally whilst on one hand I can't wait for the away game, and my lads first derby, I'm also petrified of it
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 14:58 - Sep 6 with 1139 viewsbluelagos

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 14:56 - Sep 6 by unbelievablue

Someone else can use your ticket, but not if you sell it to them - is that not the case?

I'm not an expert. I thought it was legal to sell at FV before today.

Chances of getting caught (between fans) has to be close to nil so I wouldn't worry too much.

Btw, if you/your dad want to use my ticket for the Preston match happy to pass.it on (for free)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 15:11 - Sep 6 with 1099 viewsPrideOfTheEast

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 14:13 - Sep 6 by lizzibee

I suspect5 Norwich will be invite only or 45 for that time of the season. I need four more games to get that and the lad needs eight to reach that level

There are 2000 tickets or whatever. By that point we'd have played circa 20 away games this season. So the absolute maximum somebody could have would be say 56. And assuming most of the 30+ people at the start of the season continue to go to almost every game then they'd be in that bracket. I'm not sure people who started on around 20 points (so might have gone to say half the away games last year, perhaps less) would be doing materially more this year, so somebody who was on 20 would likely be on around 30 by the time we play Norwich. And somebody on 20 comfortably got one of the first 1000 tickets for QPR didn't they?

It would be good to have the categories broken down by the amount of supporters in each. But if Norwich was the first game of the season I reckon plenty on 20+ would have got tickets, maybe lower.
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 15:59 - Sep 6 with 1004 viewsPlums

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 14:06 - Sep 6 by lizzibee

It's a race to the bottom. I've been going to away games for 40+ years without needing to pay for the privilege of buying a ticket. I love the club and most of what the new owners are doing but I'm not being held to ransom by them.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 16:08 - Sep 6 with 987 viewsxrayspecs

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 13:25 - Sep 6 by textbackup

I am not aware of any league allocations below 2k this season. Most regular away fans will get tickets for the games they want to attend.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024