Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blimey the Lincoln fans are kicking up a fuss 02:23 - Jan 5 with 4173 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

About 'only getting 5k'. Apparently it's not 'in the sprit of the FA Cup' and only because we 'are frightened' of them.

One guy on their forum has even contacted ITFC and the Suffolk press about it:

westbanker - 3/1/2017 15:09

Email sent to Ipswich Town FC and various Norfolk and Suffolk Media outlets entitled WHY

"Dear Ipswich Town FC

You have a 30,000 seater stadium and average gates of 15,000 this season, Can you please explain to me WHY you are restricting the number of tickets for Lincoln City on Saturday? It makes no sense financially as far as I can see and it is also not in the Spirit of the FA Cup.

I can only put this decision down to Ipswich Town FC being frightened of a Non League team from up the road embarrassing you by creating more noise and atmosphere than you are used too.

Yours Puzzled"

I'll let you know what, If any responses I get.

Read more: http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=47117&st

Bloody outrageous when you remember they only get that many for their HOME league games. Fair play to them for selling out their cup final but some of them seem to think we've never seen a big number in the away end before.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Blimey the Lincoln fans are kicking up a fuss on 02:42 - Jan 5 with 3093 viewsIllinoisblue

they're really starting to irritate me now.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Blimey the Lincoln fans are kicking up a fuss on 03:02 - Jan 5 with 3081 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Blimey the Lincoln fans are kicking up a fuss on 02:42 - Jan 5 by Illinoisblue

they're really starting to irritate me now.

I'm sure many of them are absolutely fine but there's some of them gradually getting on a few on here's nerves.

That Lincoln fan on here the other day giving it lemon was a complete helmet. Apparently they are owed more tickets from the 5k and 'Ipswich have f*** all say in the matter'. Well how did that turn out for ya mate?

Blimey the Lincoln fans are kicking up a fuss on 03:22 - Jan 5 with 3054 viewstextbackup

how many do they want? in all honesty would they bring more than 6000? if they use their heads they can see that tickets in home ends are on the gate, so they could just go in there without colurs on and watch the game

in the cobbold we have V1 and V2, then add in block E, gives around 2200 tiks, so they must have been given blocks C and B to increase to 4800..... I bet block A will be sectioned off as it near the north stand.... which alone is pathetic because we'll have and 27 fans in there, nobody will give a to55 about winding them up.
so that's block A upper they could have.... then ontop of that you have the entire lower tier.... I just don't understand why the club/police or whoever hasn't said give them the whole stand. we'd have the right hump if it was us. and when they earn a replay the new ground goers will all be after a tik for the away leg
[Post edited 5 Jan 2017 3:42]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Blimey the Lincoln fans are kicking up a fuss on 06:34 - Jan 5 with 2888 viewsBenters

Blimey the Lincoln fans are kicking up a fuss on 03:02 - Jan 5 by The_Romford_Blue

I'm sure many of them are absolutely fine but there's some of them gradually getting on a few on here's nerves.

That Lincoln fan on here the other day giving it lemon was a complete helmet. Apparently they are owed more tickets from the 5k and 'Ipswich have f*** all say in the matter'. Well how did that turn out for ya mate?

Well then Saturday i hope you hit a few with your manbag!

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Blimey the Lincoln fans are kicking up a fuss on 07:23 - Jan 5 with 2735 viewsxrayspecs

Suspect that the Police will have an opinion on how many away fans they want in the town on Saturday. It is not just about ITFC.
Blimey the Lincoln fans are kicking up a fuss on 07:29 - Jan 5 with 2707 viewsm14_blue

Absolutely epic blub.
Blimey the Lincoln fans are kicking up a fuss on 07:36 - Jan 5 with 2677 viewsNo9

Blimey the Lincoln fans are kicking up a fuss on 07:23 - Jan 5 by xrayspecs

Suspect that the Police will have an opinion on how many away fans they want in the town on Saturday. It is not just about ITFC.

Didn't Mr Mile say that the numbers of tickets and pricing for cup games is controlled by the FA?
Blimey the Lincoln fans are kicking up a fuss on 07:44 - Jan 5 with 2634 viewsxrayspecs

Blimey the Lincoln fans are kicking up a fuss on 07:36 - Jan 5 by No9

Didn't Mr Mile say that the numbers of tickets and pricing for cup games is controlled by the FA?

Not the number of tickets, just the pricing, if I recall correctly.

I believe that FA Cup rules are up to 15% of available tickets, so about 4200 at PR, subject to this being agreed with licensing authorities. Some grounds could not give 15% while maintaining safety regulations, segregation etc.
Login to get fewer ads

Blimey the Lincoln fans are kicking up a fuss on 07:45 - Jan 5 with 2628 viewsvapour_trail

There's usually a bit of that from us though, when we've a trip to OT or Stamford Bridge for example, albeit without the mildly ridiculous letter to the press.

Main difference is they will arrive with a degree of hope.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Blimey the Lincoln fans are kicking up a fuss on 07:46 - Jan 5 with 2608 viewsBenters

Blimey the Lincoln fans are kicking up a fuss on 07:45 - Jan 5 by vapour_trail

There's usually a bit of that from us though, when we've a trip to OT or Stamford Bridge for example, albeit without the mildly ridiculous letter to the press.

My money is on Lincoln

Gentlybentley

Blimey the Lincoln fans are kicking up a fuss on 07:48 - Jan 5 with 2599 viewsReuser_is_God

IT'S THE POLICE

How many times do they need telling?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Blimey the Lincoln fans are kicking up a fuss on 07:49 - Jan 5 with 2583 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Blimey the Lincoln fans are kicking up a fuss on 07:45 - Jan 5 by vapour_trail

Well the contacting of the press was what led me to posting the OP

Id literally never heard anything like it - all over tickets despite getting 5k!

Blimey the Lincoln fans are kicking up a fuss on 07:53 - Jan 5 with 2550 viewsoldbluestu

They should start a Twitter protest, that always works.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2017 8:00]
Blimey the Lincoln fans are kicking up a fuss on 07:56 - Jan 5 with 2525 viewsMullet

Blimey the Lincoln fans are kicking up a fuss on 07:48 - Jan 5 by Reuser_is_God

IT'S THE POLICE

How many times do they need telling?

Probably with every breath you take....

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Blimey the Lincoln fans are kicking up a fuss on 07:58 - Jan 5 with 2499 viewsBluebell

Blimey the Lincoln fans are kicking up a fuss on 07:56 - Jan 5 by Mullet

Probably with every breath you take....

They would probably have more luck by sending a message in a bottle.
Blimey the Lincoln fans are kicking up a fuss on 08:03 - Jan 5 with 2451 viewstazdac

Blimey the Lincoln fans are kicking up a fuss on 07:58 - Jan 5 by Bluebell

As long as they don't stand so close to me, they can have as many tickets as they like ;o)
Blimey the Lincoln fans are kicking up a fuss on 08:06 - Jan 5 with 2425 viewsbraveblue

Don't blame them. Another poor reflection on how our club is run.
Blimey the Lincoln fans are kicking up a fuss on 08:09 - Jan 5 with 2408 viewsTractorWood

Again, can't believe the fuss. It's a non league team in the 3rd round of the FA cup. You'd think it was the moon landing by the buildup.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Blimey the Lincoln fans are kicking up a fuss on 08:10 - Jan 5 with 2395 viewsgtsb1966

Blimey the Lincoln fans are kicking up a fuss on 03:02 - Jan 5 by The_Romford_Blue

You called a Lincoln fan a helmet whilst using the phrase " giving it lemon".
Blimey the Lincoln fans are kicking up a fuss on 08:19 - Jan 5 with 2348 viewsimsureazzure

Blimey the Lincoln fans are kicking up a fuss on 07:58 - Jan 5 by Bluebell

Just cant stand losing.
Blimey the Lincoln fans are kicking up a fuss on 09:10 - Jan 5 with 2174 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Blimey the Lincoln fans are kicking up a fuss on 08:10 - Jan 5 by gtsb1966

Oh yeah

Occasionally my normal speech comes out on here

I do try to tone it down

Blimey the Lincoln fans are kicking up a fuss on 09:13 - Jan 5 with 2162 viewsGuthrum

Lincoln City's average home attendance is 3,750, according to the National League's website, with the largest crowd being 6,335 (v Tranmere). Tho they did achieve 7,012 in the previous round of the FA Cup, against Oldham.

Bearing in mind that a proportion of those figures will be away fans (415 in the Oldham match, 807 against Tranmere), they've already got far more than the numbers of their regular supporters and over 75% of even their most enthusiastic crowd.

A 5,000 allocation is equivalent to over 5% of the population of the entire city of Lincoln.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2017 9:18]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Blimey the Lincoln fans are kicking up a fuss on 09:16 - Jan 5 with 2133 viewsStenvict

Blimey the Lincoln fans are kicking up a fuss on 07:46 - Jan 5 by Benters

My money is on Lincoln

I thought you were against gambling?

Poll: What will be announced first?

Blimey the Lincoln fans are kicking up a fuss on 09:16 - Jan 5 with 2109 viewsitfcjoe

Hard to disagree - there is going to be best part of 20k empty seats in the ground and they have fans who want to go that can't. I'd be annoyed if it was the other way round!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Blimey the Lincoln fans are kicking up a fuss on 09:29 - Jan 5 with 2063 viewsBenters

Blimey the Lincoln fans are kicking up a fuss on 08:10 - Jan 5 by gtsb1966

Its a fav word used by "the squad".

Gentlybentley

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024