Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shame but I don't think we will be signing Danny Ward 19:40 - Jan 3 with 3028 viewsMaySixth

Brighton, Derby and Huddersfield all interested

bigger wages and better teams than us at the moment

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Shame but I don't think we will be signing Danny Ward on 19:42 - Jan 3 with 3003 viewswkj

Is that Derby's tactic now, sign up all they can to prevent other teams having a chance? Good grief

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Shame but I don't think we will be signing Danny Ward on 20:22 - Jan 3 with 2804 viewsSWGF

Shame but I don't think we will be signing Danny Ward on 19:42 - Jan 3 by wkj

Is that Derby's tactic now, sign up all they can to prevent other teams having a chance? Good grief

Doesn't look like they're getting Martin back from Fulham without a fight.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Shame but I don't think we will be signing Danny Ward on 20:25 - Jan 3 with 2780 viewsMullet

Shame but I don't think we will be signing Danny Ward on 20:22 - Jan 3 by SWGF

Doesn't look like they're getting Martin back from Fulham without a fight.

Pretty standard for Martin.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Shame but I don't think we will be signing Danny Ward on 20:40 - Jan 3 with 2676 viewsjas0999

Fully expect us just to sign loans and freebies with liars of excuses and spin that we offered market value fees.
Shame but I don't think we will be signing Danny Ward on 21:31 - Jan 3 with 2523 viewsSWGF

Shame but I don't think we will be signing Danny Ward on 20:25 - Jan 3 by Mullet

Pretty standard for Martin.

Quite why Fulham would let him go back and potentially help stop them from getting a playoff spot. Could get very interesting.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?

Shame but I don't think we will be signing Danny Ward on 21:41 - Jan 3 with 2470 viewsWestSussexBlue

Our Owner is not prepared to take a gamble and look to push the club forward with a decent signing or Two.
Instead we'll just pick up a loan or free, We're on a treadmill of mediocrity of which 90% of us have had a gut full.
Shame but I don't think we will be signing Danny Ward on 21:42 - Jan 3 with 2448 viewsElderGrizzly

Shame but I don't think we will be signing Danny Ward on 19:42 - Jan 3 by wkj

That's been Derby's tactic for the last few seasons tbh
Shame but I don't think we will be signing Danny Ward on 21:44 - Jan 3 with 2433 viewstaximan

Shame but I don't think we will be signing Danny Ward on 21:41 - Jan 3 by WestSussexBlue

Our Owner is not prepared to take a gamble and look to push the club forward with a decent signing or Two.
Instead we'll just pick up a loan or free, We're on a treadmill of mediocrity of which 90% of us have had a gut full.

agree

where we are now is a result of a few years of under investment

it will take a lot money for us to compete for promotion now

not going to happen under this owner
Login to get fewer ads

Shame but I don't think we will be signing Danny Ward on 21:48 - Jan 3 with 2394 viewsolimar

Shame but I don't think we will be signing Danny Ward on 21:31 - Jan 3 by SWGF

Quite why Fulham would let him go back and potentially help stop them from getting a playoff spot. Could get very interesting.

Equally though, if you were McClaren (or any Manager) and you turned up at Derby to find your best forward was on loan at another club, you'd be make an almighty fuss to get him back. Thats a top Championship forward, available to Derby as effectively a free transfer.
Plus McClaren obviously rates him.

I dont know why they loaned him out in the first place.
Shame but I don't think we will be signing Danny Ward on 21:51 - Jan 3 with 2364 viewstaximan

Shame but I don't think we will be signing Danny Ward on 21:48 - Jan 3 by olimar

Equally though, if you were McClaren (or any Manager) and you turned up at Derby to find your best forward was on loan at another club, you'd be make an almighty fuss to get him back. Thats a top Championship forward, available to Derby as effectively a free transfer.

pearson didn't rate him
Shame but I don't think we will be signing Danny Ward on 21:56 - Jan 3 with 2331 viewsSWGF

Shame but I don't think we will be signing Danny Ward on 21:48 - Jan 3 by olimar

All 3 parties have to agree to cancel the deal though, don't they?

Shame but I don't think we will be signing Danny Ward on 22:00 - Jan 3 with 2317 viewsRegencyBlue

Shame but I don't think we will be signing Danny Ward on 21:41 - Jan 3 by WestSussexBlue

Well that is what was announced last week.

The five point plan doesn't allow for the sort of spending needed to bring this squad anywhere near to where it needs to be to have a decent stab at promotion.
Shame but I don't think we will be signing Danny Ward on 22:05 - Jan 3 with 2265 viewsbournemouthblue

If the club aren't prepared to pay the going rate for a quality striker to replace Murphy, we are staying in this division for some time

A player of Murph's calibre will cost us 6 - 7 million nowadays, Town must have known this?

I wonder if Ward really is being pursued by these sides or whether his agent and Rotherham are stirring the pot

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Shame but I don't think we will be signing Danny Ward on 23:06 - Jan 3 with 2075 viewsmutters

90% - interesting number, where did you get that from or is it just your 'best guess'?

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Shame but I don't think we will be signing Danny Ward on 04:58 - Jan 4 with 1884 viewsBenters

To some on here he signed for town on Jan 1 st !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Shame but I don't think we will be signing Danny Ward on 07:46 - Jan 4 with 1784 viewsSteve_M

He was a top Championship forward, I'm not sure he is at that same level any more. Fat and totally unfit at the end of last season and nowhere near as much of a threat last week as a couple of years ago.

Fulham have got the same dilemma McClaren's Derby had in his first spell though, they look so dependent on Martin that they'll struggle without him.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Shame but I don't think we will be signing Danny Ward on 07:48 - Jan 4 with 1775 viewsoldbluestu

He tried it with Keane and it didn't work
Shame but I don't think we will be signing Danny Ward on 08:22 - Jan 4 with 1689 viewsDolly2.0

Shame but I don't think we will be signing Danny Ward on 04:58 - Jan 4 by Benters

To some on here he signed for town on Jan 1 st !

Who said that?

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Shame but I don't think we will be signing Danny Ward on 08:43 - Jan 4 with 1635 viewshype313

Shame but I don't think we will be signing Danny Ward on 07:48 - Jan 4 by oldbluestu

He tried it with Keane and it didn't work

Why not try it with a manager that is cleary more adept at football management than Keane?

If Evans thinks that Mick is the man for the club, then give him the tools he needs to work with.

I'm tired of this excuse that because he spent money with Keane he won't do it again, and I agree, I wouldn't give Keane money, but Keane isn't here anymore.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Shame but I don't think we will be signing Danny Ward on 08:47 - Jan 4 with 1618 viewsSteve_M

Shame but I don't think we will be signing Danny Ward on 08:43 - Jan 4 by hype313

Why not try it with a manager that is cleary more adept at football management than Keane?

If Evans thinks that Mick is the man for the club, then give him the tools he needs to work with.

I'm tired of this excuse that because he spent money with Keane he won't do it again, and I agree, I wouldn't give Keane money, but Keane isn't here anymore.

I think the real reason is ME still wants out and is trying to minimise his losses until he can find someone willing to buy the club. He probably realises that this may take some time.

The real frustration is that Keane had a comparative advantage over the rest of the division and failed to make use of it. Even if Evans put in £20m extra per season we would only realistically be looking at the top six rather than the top two.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Shame but I don't think we will be signing Danny Ward on 08:50 - Jan 4 with 1603 viewsitfcjoe

Shame but I don't think we will be signing Danny Ward on 08:47 - Jan 4 by Steve_M

I think the real reason is ME still wants out and is trying to minimise his losses until he can find someone willing to buy the club. He probably realises that this may take some time.

The real frustration is that Keane had a comparative advantage over the rest of the division and failed to make use of it. Even if Evans put in £20m extra per season we would only realistically be looking at the top six rather than the top two.

I don't think ME does want out, if we can stay in the top half of the Championship consistently it seems that he is happy to shell out £500k a month for that and get the odd transfer fee back to limit that loss.

Probably why he is so happy seemingly with Mick. he keeps us competitive and does well in the transfer market (both buying and selling)

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Shame but I don't think we will be signing Danny Ward on 08:52 - Jan 4 with 1590 viewshype313

Shame but I don't think we will be signing Danny Ward on 08:47 - Jan 4 by Steve_M

Whilst I agree Steve, it does go against the grain of what Phil has been saying for a long time now, that he has had several offers and doesn't want to sell. He and his family are really attached to the club not only financially but emotionally too.

From the outset it does look like he wants out, and the fact that the big sales haven't been reinvested fully makes you think he is trying to minimilise losses to gear it up for sale.

Either way, we are drifting along in no mans land.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024