Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We will be better off next season without the moaners... 13:14 - Jan 3 with 5954 viewsSuperfrans

...even if our average attendance drops to 14,000.

The team will be able to develop, under Mick (who clearly isn't going anywhere, like it or not), without the poisonous atmosphere at Portman Road.

Discuss.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

We will be better off next season without the moaners... on 13:16 - Jan 3 with 2974 viewsBenters

You dont think they will all stop going do you ?

A lot i know just use it as a excuse to escape family life and get out on the lash !

Sadly the football spoils a good day.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

We will be better off next season without the moaners... on 13:17 - Jan 3 with 2963 viewsITFCBlues

Average of 14k? That's highly optimistic? I can see anything from 12-13k.

But with our budget already fairly low and a league which continues to get harder each season. I can see another season similar to this one in all honesty...

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

We will be better off next season without the moaners... on 13:19 - Jan 3 with 2942 viewsDoobDude

The "moaners" as you call them (I prefer the term protesters) are the most loyal Ipswich fans out there.

It is their concern and worry for the future of this football club that has turned them into protesters. So they will always be at Portman Road, until Evans leaves this club.

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

We will be better off next season without the moaners... on 13:20 - Jan 3 with 2933 viewsReuser_is_God

Whilst there is some logic behind this I think we'll be better off doing well & having bigger crowds. See 14/15.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2017 13:21]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

We will be better off next season without the moaners... on 13:20 - Jan 3 with 2925 viewsSuperfrans

We will be better off next season without the moaners... on 13:16 - Jan 3 by Benters

You dont think they will all stop going do you ?

A lot i know just use it as a excuse to escape family life and get out on the lash !

Sadly the football spoils a good day.

No. But everyone remarks on how much better the atmosphere is, the lower the attendance (oddly).

And, of course, I am assuming that those who moan have the courage of their convictions and that when they say they are going to cancel their STs after this season, that they will be true to their word. They are all extremely high in personal integrity, after all.

We will be better off next season without the moaners... on 13:21 - Jan 3 with 2908 viewsSuperfrans

We will be better off next season without the moaners... on 13:19 - Jan 3 by DoobDude

The "moaners" as you call them (I prefer the term protesters) are the most loyal Ipswich fans out there.

It is their concern and worry for the future of this football club that has turned them into protesters. So they will always be at Portman Road, until Evans leaves this club.

And yet their the ones who are always threatening to cancel their STs...

We will be better off next season without the moaners... on 13:22 - Jan 3 with 2894 viewsDolly2.0

We will be better off next season without the moaners... on 13:19 - Jan 3 by DoobDude

Many of them weren't there Friday.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

We will be better off next season without the moaners... on 13:23 - Jan 3 with 2890 viewsPinewoodblue

We would be better off next season if the fare on offer improved so that more attended games with a positive attitude.

Those who currently attend home games probably already number less than 14,000. Take away your moaners and we are heading for 12,500 or so next season.

Those who want to see the club on the rise include the moaners, why else would they moan. The fewer fans who will go whatever happens the more things are likely to improve irrespective of who the manager is. Mick can do it but it is going to take a determined effort on his part.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

We will be better off next season without the moaners... on 13:23 - Jan 3 with 2888 viewsSuperfrans

We will be better off next season without the moaners... on 13:20 - Jan 3 by Reuser_is_God

Whilst there is some logic behind this I think we'll be better off doing well & having bigger crowds. See 14/15.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2017 13:21]

I agree. I just fear that we've reached the point where Mick can't do anything right and that certain fans enjoy it when they can claim that they were right all along. Yesterday was a bit of a tipping point, I think.

We will be better off next season without the moaners... on 13:24 - Jan 3 with 2862 viewsDolly2.0

Agreed. They talk about using the kids more yet the poisonous atmosphere they create is hardly the best for the kids to be thrown into.

I think a lot of Ipswich 'supporters' are just a bit thick.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

We will be better off next season without the moaners... on 13:27 - Jan 3 with 2822 viewsSuperfrans

We will be better off next season without the moaners... on 13:23 - Jan 3 by Pinewoodblue

We would be better off next season if the fare on offer improved so that more attended games with a positive attitude.

Those who currently attend home games probably already number less than 14,000. Take away your moaners and we are heading for 12,500 or so next season.

Those who want to see the club on the rise include the moaners, why else would they moan. The fewer fans who will go whatever happens the more things are likely to improve irrespective of who the manager is. Mick can do it but it is going to take a determined effort on his part.

I'm not sure about the last point. I fear we've hit a point of no return with certain fans. And, fact is, their reactions (as yesterday) only make matters worse, not better.

With Evans backing Mick as he is, I'm not sure where else there is to go.

It depresses me to be honest. The last thing I want is a half-empty PR. But 18,000 fans, with a vocal number against Mick or 14,000 and the most vocal Mick opposers gone? It really is a tough call tbh.

We will be better off next season without the moaners... on 13:28 - Jan 3 with 2791 viewsBenters

We will be better off next season without the moaners... on 13:20 - Jan 3 by Superfrans

No. But everyone remarks on how much better the atmosphere is, the lower the attendance (oddly).

And, of course, I am assuming that those who moan have the courage of their convictions and that when they say they are going to cancel their STs after this season, that they will be true to their word. They are all extremely high in personal integrity, after all.

Well to be honest and please put me right if i am wrong,didnt dear old MM change a few things for the Brizzle game? It was a smaller than usual crowd and we played fairly well so everybody who watched were happy..

Gentlybentley

We will be better off next season without the moaners... on 13:31 - Jan 3 with 2756 viewsLankHenners

We will be better off next season without the moaners... on 13:22 - Jan 3 by Dolly2.0

Many of them weren't there Friday.

Notable that the crowd was far better on Friday - the crowd stayed behind the team the entire match and encouraged them through to the end. The moaners and simpletons really don't understand that them booing, singing irrelevant negative chants and straight up hurling abuse is more detrimental to the team than anything Mick does.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

We will be better off next season without the moaners... on 13:33 - Jan 3 with 2729 viewsBenters

We will be better off next season without the moaners... on 13:23 - Jan 3 by Superfrans

I agree. I just fear that we've reached the point where Mick can't do anything right and that certain fans enjoy it when they can claim that they were right all along. Yesterday was a bit of a tipping point, I think.

All the QPR away games ive been to always seem to attract the more "old school supporter"

I for one prefer that kind to some of the look at me merchants on here !
[Post edited 3 Jan 2017 13:38]

Gentlybentley

We will be better off next season without the moaners... on 13:37 - Jan 3 with 2687 viewsPinewoodblue

We will be better off next season without the moaners... on 13:27 - Jan 3 by Superfrans

I'm not sure about the last point. I fear we've hit a point of no return with certain fans. And, fact is, their reactions (as yesterday) only make matters worse, not better.

With Evans backing Mick as he is, I'm not sure where else there is to go.

It depresses me to be honest. The last thing I want is a half-empty PR. But 18,000 fans, with a vocal number against Mick or 14,000 and the most vocal Mick opposers gone? It really is a tough call tbh.

some how I doubt that ME is currently giving Mick any more slack than the fans. The ball really is in Mick's court.

The longer a manager remains at a club the greater the pressure on him to improve.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

We will be better off next season without the moaners... on 13:46 - Jan 3 with 2613 viewsSuperfrans

We will be better off next season without the moaners... on 13:37 - Jan 3 by Pinewoodblue

some how I doubt that ME is currently giving Mick any more slack than the fans. The ball really is in Mick's court.

The longer a manager remains at a club the greater the pressure on him to improve.

I don't for a split second think Evans is as quick to jump on Mick as some fans were yesterday. You don't build a business empire as he has by second guessing every decision taken.

We will be better off next season without the moaners... on 13:49 - Jan 3 with 2608 viewsBorisOrTrevor

This forum goes from bad to worse.

Get it in to your head, the team is not going to develop under MM even if you had people shouting coochy coo at them every time they misplaced a pass. He has been here 4 years and he does not have a plan beyond keeping his job until he retires next year + the players are just happy playing out their contracts at the highest level of football (in most cases) they could ever wish to be playing at.

The poisonous atmosphere is as a result of this/awful entertainment + Evans apparent duplicity around motives - sort those issues out not the disgruntled fans, many whom like myself have been following the club since years before Dastardly and Muttley were on the scene.

BOT

We will be better off next season without the moaners... on 13:53 - Jan 3 with 2581 viewsmonty_radio

Moaning about moaner threads from the moral high ground draw forth rabid or just agitated ripostes from the hill on the other side. None of it improves the low-grade playing displays witnessed in the valley below. Could talking about one another, as opposed to arguing about football, have its own heading perhaps?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

We will be better off next season without the moaners... on 13:53 - Jan 3 with 2578 viewsflashblue

Look, Mick won't be here next year so there is no point in him being here now. To be fair, I'm not saying sack him tomorrow, but Marcus should be actively recruiting his replacement and should the right man come along, he should appoint him.

If something's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.
Poll: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

We will be better off next season without the moaners... on 13:55 - Jan 3 with 2568 viewsLankHenners

We will be better off next season without the moaners... on 13:49 - Jan 3 by BorisOrTrevor

Get it in to your head, the team is not going to develop under MM even if you had people shouting coochy coo at them every time they misplaced a pass. He has been here 4 years and he does not have a plan beyond keeping his job until he retires next year + the players are just happy playing out their contracts at the highest level of football (in most cases) they could ever wish to be playing at.

The poisonous atmosphere is as a result of this/awful entertainment + Evans apparent duplicity around motives - sort those issues out not the disgruntled fans, many whom like myself have been following the club since years before Dastardly and Muttley were on the scene.

Whilst there are reasons for disgruntlement, there is no reason to turn up to a game with the intention to act like a berk and create a negative atmosphere.

The problem with your second paragraph is that by all accounts we played much better, entertaining, football yesterday but let ourselves down with defensive errors and lack of clinical finishing at the other end. Yet, the simpletons still brayed out "your football is sh!t" just to have a dig at MM.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

We will be better off next season without the moaners... on 14:00 - Jan 3 with 2530 viewsSuperfrans

We will be better off next season without the moaners... on 13:49 - Jan 3 by BorisOrTrevor

I agree with your opening line.

But you seem to have missed the point.

There is an increasingly poisonous relationship between the manager and a certain section of fans.

The manager isn't going anywhere and there is nothing any of us can do about that.

So, what is better:
>> 15-17,000 fans at PR next season, with the poisonous atmosphere remaining, or worsening, and affecting performances as a result?
>> 13-14,000 fans at PR next season, with the worst negativity gone, and the team an young players allowed a relatively positive atmosphere within which to progress.

We will be better off next season without the moaners... on 14:09 - Jan 3 with 2478 viewsSuperfrans

We will be better off next season without the moaners... on 13:53 - Jan 3 by monty_radio

Moaning about moaner threads from the moral high ground draw forth rabid or just agitated ripostes from the hill on the other side. None of it improves the low-grade playing displays witnessed in the valley below. Could talking about one another, as opposed to arguing about football, have its own heading perhaps?

To be fair, I wasn't moaning about any threads. And I wasn't taking any kind of high ground.

I'm just interested to hear what other people on here think about the two prospects we're facing next season, given that Mick seems to be going nowhere.

Personally, I'm not sure. I don't agree with the moaning (or protesting, as someone else put it) at yesterday's game. It was counterproductive, based on the incorrect assumption that both subs were tactical (not because of injury/fatigue) and helped nobody, not least JD or JK, who have done nothing wrong.

I would prefer a packed ground and a satisfied crowd. But I just suspect we're too far gone for that, if yesterday was anything to go by.

We will be better off next season without the moaners... on 14:13 - Jan 3 with 2465 viewsSwailsey

Agreed.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

We will be better off next season without the moaners... on 14:18 - Jan 3 with 2439 viewscaught-in-limbo

If you want the moaners to go, you need to lower expectations or improve performance as

m α e/p

where
m = number of moaners
α = directly proportional
e = expectation
p = performance

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

We will be better off next season without the moaners... on 14:26 - Jan 3 with 2366 viewsoldbluestu

Rubbish we have a lot of fans who are basically sheep and will follow anything which seems trendy and attacking MM is trendy

I've lost count of the number of times at games this season I've heard fans shout/scream about the cr&p style and it's not the Ipswich way and then the same fans start screaming (Even in the 1st half of a games) 'ffs sake pump it into the box' or 'stop fecking around with it in defence pump it forward'. Either a fan should want a pass and move style or pump it into the box style.

Those moaning fans we're better off without
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024