Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre Dozzell 11:53 - Jan 15 with 2436 viewshermir10

I was excited by Dozzell's performance yesterday. I liked the way he always demanded the ball, and when he got it he mostly played it off first time smoothly and expertly. He produced some great turns, and one or two lovely, languidly-struck crosses into the six-yard box - which someone like Murphy might have capitalised on. It was also great to see the beginnings of a good understanding with Tom Lawrence, the two of them finding each other easily and instinctively with passes. Despite our defensive frailties, I hope we persist with 3-5-2 which gives Andre a platform to perform.

danton
Blog: [Blog] Clough and Revie - Their Life and Their Conflict

Andre Dozzell on 12:00 - Jan 15 with 2379 viewsnsblu1

Tend to agree, although at times he did drift out of the game, but guess that's to be expected at his age. Signs are promising that he has a decent future in the game
Andre Dozzell on 12:06 - Jan 15 with 2333 viewsclive_baker

Classy footballer. His technical superiority relative to those around him is pretty obvious, and with experience and maturity will come his ability to dictate a game and take it by the scruff of its neck. I hope he's given a run in the side from now until the end of the season, it'll certainly benefit him (and us) next season if he is. I hope to see Bishop step up when he's fit too as, assuming Lawrence isn't here beyond May, they're 2 players we want to be building a side around next season IMO.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Andre Dozzell on 12:12 - Jan 15 with 2310 viewsfabian_illness

He was a joy to watch.
He runs just like his old chap.
Although Mick came in for criticism earlier in the season I think he was right to hold him back a bit.
He looks stronger now and better able to cope with the championship.

A real positive.
Andre Dozzell on 12:21 - Jan 15 with 2231 viewsLankHenners

Quite quiet and was outmuscled pretty much every time he went into a challenge but that's to be expected at his age. When he had the ball with a bit of time and space you could see they quality he possesses.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Andre Dozzell on 12:34 - Jan 15 with 2127 viewsBackToRussia

Can't wait to see Bishop and Dozzell on the pitch at the same time.

Throw in Smith and the young wing backs. Good stuff.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Andre Dozzell on 12:38 - Jan 15 with 2098 viewsDyland

Andre Dozzell on 12:34 - Jan 15 by BackToRussia

Bart
Chambers Webster Smith
Emmanuel Skuse Bishop Dozzell Kenlock
McGoldrick
A.N. Other

That's an exciting team.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Andre Dozzell on 12:40 - Jan 15 with 2061 viewstaximan

Andre Dozzell on 12:34 - Jan 15 by BackToRussia

agree

this sort of longer term thinking, along with a formation that doesn't encourage hooooof (yesterday), will see me return to PR on a regular basis
Andre Dozzell on 12:41 - Jan 15 with 2061 viewsBackToRussia

Andre Dozzell on 12:38 - Jan 15 by Dyland

Bart
Chambers Webster Smith
Emmanuel Skuse Bishop Dozzell Kenlock
McGoldrick
A.N. Other

That's an exciting team.

Agreed, would pay to watch that.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Login to get fewer ads

Andre Dozzell on 12:45 - Jan 15 with 2017 viewsbraveblue

He was good. Can cope no problem. Let him play and no more of this not ready or too young nonsense.
Andre Dozzell on 12:46 - Jan 15 with 2011 viewsWickets

Andre Dozzell on 12:12 - Jan 15 by fabian_illness

He was a joy to watch.
Although Mick came in for criticism earlier in the season I think he was right to hold him back a bit.

A real positive.

Yer runs just like his Dad, keep playing him Mick.
Andre Dozzell on 12:46 - Jan 15 with 2018 viewsDyland

Andre Dozzell on 12:41 - Jan 15 by BackToRussia

Agreed, would pay to watch that.

Hyam could possibly deputise and then replace Skuse to boot. Just saying.

Not sure who's coming up through the ranks up top. But hey, whilst we're being positive maybe the tall lad from Forest Green will be our very own Ibrahimovic :-)

Andre Dozzell on 12:47 - Jan 15 with 1996 viewstextbackup

Shows 10/15 class moments each game, lovely touch, and he passes the ball beautifully without looking like he's trying, comes so natural. Many will say he drifts in and out of the game, which he does at times, but it's far better to have him come back into the game then stay out of the game for 90mins like others do!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Andre Dozzell on 12:50 - Jan 15 with 1944 viewsSteve_M

Andre Dozzell on 12:00 - Jan 15 by nsblu1

Tend to agree, although at times he did drift out of the game, but guess that's to be expected at his age. Signs are promising that he has a decent future in the game

I think one advantage of yesterday's formation is that it does allow him to drift out of the game because there is cover, probably even more the case without McGoldrick who can also drift at times. Without wishing to go over old ground, the expectations on AD are far less than central in a 4-4-2 at the moment.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

He's the real deal on 12:52 - Jan 15 with 1934 viewsDyland

Andre Dozzell on 12:47 - Jan 15 by textbackup

Shows 10/15 class moments each game, lovely touch, and he passes the ball beautifully without looking like he's trying, comes so natural. Many will say he drifts in and out of the game, which he does at times, but it's far better to have him come back into the game then stay out of the game for 90mins like others do!

Looks around him before looking to receive the ball. Brings to mind Magilton. Footballing brain.

Classy cushioned passing. Reminiscent of Ambrose.

Excellent technique and skill. Obviously nowhere near the level (yet) but reminds me of Thijssen too.

He has a great future if he continues to work hard and receives the best training.

We need a long term management plan if we are to have any hope of keeping and developing players like Andre.

Andre Dozzell on 12:57 - Jan 15 with 1887 viewsRobTheMonk

I just watched the highlights and for the first time in a while I actually enjoyed how we played. I love the fact that when Dozzell and Bru play they both want the ball all the time on the floor. I'm just hoping that with the signing of this new lad that we won't revert to starting him and play route one. Playing crosses - yes.
Andre Dozzell on 13:07 - Jan 15 with 1771 viewsSWGF

Needs to play and needs to play against bigger, stronger, more experienced midfielders to learn how to handle the buffetting use his body.

Got the technique and vision. Plain to see. Interesting that the only other player on his wavelength is Lawrence.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Andre Dozzell on 13:36 - Jan 15 with 1567 viewsBlueBadger

Andre Dozzell on 12:12 - Jan 15 by fabian_illness

He was a joy to watch.

A real positive.

I think sometimes people forget the the lad's only 17. He's probably got another year of growing in him, not to mention toughening up. If he wasn't getting match time here it'd definitely serve him well to do a loan in League One somewhere.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Andre Dozzell on 13:55 - Jan 15 with 1468 viewsWickets

So why did he not get a kick for the first half of the season!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024