Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Revealed - The Financial Truth 19:02 - Jan 25 with 1965 viewsCarberry

Don't know if many of you follow this guy 'The Swiss Rambler' but he does a financial audit on football and football clubs in a blog. He has just done one on Ipswich Town. It's an objective view but there are two very significant observations. Firstly we are very dependant on gate receipts for the financial wellbeing of the club and secondly it appears Marcus Evans hasn't been contributing financially during the last two years because of the money we have received from transfers.
Really interesting read.
http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/
Revealed - The Financial Truth on 19:13 - Jan 25 with 1909 viewsGeoffSentence

The Swiss Ramble is well known and loved on here, his latest analysis of Town's finances has already been covered in at least two threads.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Revealed - The Financial Truth on 19:43 - Jan 25 with 1839 viewsBluedanW

All this shows that Mick Mccarthy is not the man for the job. We rely heavily on gate receipts, the lack of entertainment on the pitch is the reason for the falling gate, not actual results. Also it showed we made more money the year we actually had a cup run. There is prize money gained for each progression in cup competitions and also more chances of live TV revenue. The live TV is the reason we made more in 2015/16 as we were live much more due to our league position. However with mccarthys negative unwatchable tactics sky won't be showing many live games involving us.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2017 19:48]
Revealed - The Financial Truth on 19:56 - Jan 25 with 1787 viewsWeWereZombies

It's like the most godawful powerpoint presentation - chartmageddon. But it is quite interesting, until you get bored of all those fecking charts, for godsake a couple would do the job - show some restraint!!!

And whilst gate receipts are the biggest slice of the income they still account for less than half of it. I guess the finances will be able to handle a reduction in them next season with the sale of a key player or two...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Revealed - The Financial Truth on 20:13 - Jan 25 with 1757 viewsHARRY10

"Marcus Evans hasn't been contributing financially during the last two years because of the money we have received from transfers."

That's pretty well known.

What is frustrating is how many (marcusevansreborn) still keep bleating on about how of an investor he is, how much money he is 'pumping in' when all he has been doing is handing over some of the money that was moved out of the club.

Sadly any attempt to point this out has met with howls of rage in his defence.
Revealed - The Financial Truth on 08:23 - Jan 26 with 1537 viewschislehurstblue

Revealed - The Financial Truth on 19:43 - Jan 25 by BluedanW

All this shows that Mick Mccarthy is not the man for the job. We rely heavily on gate receipts, the lack of entertainment on the pitch is the reason for the falling gate, not actual results. Also it showed we made more money the year we actually had a cup run. There is prize money gained for each progression in cup competitions and also more chances of live TV revenue. The live TV is the reason we made more in 2015/16 as we were live much more due to our league position. However with mccarthys negative unwatchable tactics sky won't be showing many live games involving us.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2017 19:48]

catch 22 isnt it though. We dont have the budget to go out and buys lots of footballers that can get the ball down and play, whilst making us hard to beat. I am sure if we had a reasonable amount of money we would see better players. These reason we play the way we do is because whilst our players work hard most of them arent that good.

if we played open attacking football we would no doubt get beaten most weeks. We try to stay in the game as long as possible in hope that we nick one from a set piece or one flash of skill.

Why cant people see that? If they owner put more in then we could afford better players, win more games and then have bigger gates. Currently he is putting in as little as possible, we have to get free transfers or loans who generally arent that good and then we have to make do.

Its no different to the days under Mick MiGivern.
Revealed - The Financial Truth on 08:28 - Jan 26 with 1524 viewspeterleeblue

Revealed - The Financial Truth on 08:23 - Jan 26 by chislehurstblue

catch 22 isnt it though. We dont have the budget to go out and buys lots of footballers that can get the ball down and play, whilst making us hard to beat. I am sure if we had a reasonable amount of money we would see better players. These reason we play the way we do is because whilst our players work hard most of them arent that good.

if we played open attacking football we would no doubt get beaten most weeks. We try to stay in the game as long as possible in hope that we nick one from a set piece or one flash of skill.

Why cant people see that? If they owner put more in then we could afford better players, win more games and then have bigger gates. Currently he is putting in as little as possible, we have to get free transfers or loans who generally arent that good and then we have to make do.

Its no different to the days under Mick MiGivern.

I remember that......10 defenders on the pitch away at QPR! Well Mick Stockwell upfront anyway!!
Revealed - The Financial Truth on 08:43 - Jan 26 with 1498 viewschislehurstblue

Revealed - The Financial Truth on 08:28 - Jan 26 by peterleeblue

I remember that......10 defenders on the pitch away at QPR! Well Mick Stockwell upfront anyway!!

I think its was Sheff Wed when McGivern basically said to the fans "right you want to see a 442 line up - here we go" - We got beat 5-0 I think and 0 flattered us and it could have been about 8 before half time.

Bit like today. I dont buy this opinion that the squad is full of quality. Its awful. We play the way we do in hope of a point. Idiots say that we should attack sides but this isnt Football Manager on their PC - We would get torn apart in most games and the same idiots would be moaning that we never give ourselves a chance in games and should defend more.

Its look watching the games at PR. I hear people moaning when we try to pass it around the back 4 and into midfield that we need to get it forward quicker. We then do that and the same people moan about that. Its what I've also said - the majority of people that go to watch football regularly have very little understanding of the game.
Revealed - The Financial Truth on 09:06 - Jan 26 with 1449 viewsBlueArch

It wouldn't be a surprise to see a sharp decline in gate receipts for next season so we should probably be expecting player sales and even less investment unless Marcus decides to change his strategy.

Its all incredibly depressing isn't it
Login to get fewer ads

Revealed - The Financial Truth on 09:07 - Jan 26 with 1446 viewsITFC1983

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/396993/a-fantastic-piece-by-swiss-ramble-on-us/

As posted on here 2 days ago by Davblue, lots of comments about it too!

Poll: £16m Mario Balotelli or £11m Ross McCormack or £FREE* David McGoldrick

Revealed - The Financial Truth on 09:08 - Jan 26 with 1445 viewsClausThomsen

Revealed - The Financial Truth on 08:43 - Jan 26 by chislehurstblue

I think its was Sheff Wed when McGivern basically said to the fans "right you want to see a 442 line up - here we go" - We got beat 5-0 I think and 0 flattered us and it could have been about 8 before half time.

Bit like today. I dont buy this opinion that the squad is full of quality. Its awful. We play the way we do in hope of a point. Idiots say that we should attack sides but this isnt Football Manager on their PC - We would get torn apart in most games and the same idiots would be moaning that we never give ourselves a chance in games and should defend more.

Its look watching the games at PR. I hear people moaning when we try to pass it around the back 4 and into midfield that we need to get it forward quicker. We then do that and the same people moan about that. Its what I've also said - the majority of people that go to watch football regularly have very little understanding of the game.

The squad is neither full of quality nor awful.

We should attack sides to the point we register a couple of shots on target, our attacking style (aside from Blackburn and QPR until the subs) is pure bingo. We should attack teams when we're losing 1-0 as well. We did the opposite on Saturday.

By the logic you've shown there, every side with less quality players than us will be playing pure hoofball and none of them can string a few passes together.

Lincoln proved otherwise, with a novice manager. Over 2 legs.
Revealed - The Financial Truth on 09:10 - Jan 26 with 1430 viewsReuser_is_God

Evans out

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

'sharp decline'... falling off a cliff on 09:14 - Jan 26 with 1403 viewsunstableblue

Revealed - The Financial Truth on 09:06 - Jan 26 by BlueArch

It wouldn't be a surprise to see a sharp decline in gate receipts for next season so we should probably be expecting player sales and even less investment unless Marcus decides to change his strategy.

Its all incredibly depressing isn't it

Is what I expect season tickets to do.

There are hundreds if not thousands bout using their season tickets this year, who clearly aren't going to renew.

And this isn't all due to results and lack of investment in the squad. It's a reaction to Micks style of football and choice of players. Which have been generally terrible.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Revealed - The Financial Truth on 10:02 - Jan 26 with 1320 viewschislehurstblue

Revealed - The Financial Truth on 09:08 - Jan 26 by ClausThomsen

The squad is neither full of quality nor awful.

We should attack sides to the point we register a couple of shots on target, our attacking style (aside from Blackburn and QPR until the subs) is pure bingo. We should attack teams when we're losing 1-0 as well. We did the opposite on Saturday.

By the logic you've shown there, every side with less quality players than us will be playing pure hoofball and none of them can string a few passes together.

Lincoln proved otherwise, with a novice manager. Over 2 legs.

of course the squad is awful - Do you go the games.

Apart from Bart and Webste and maybe Berra, the players that we have are awful, below average championship players. Clearly I dont include Lawrence in that, but he isnt ours.

Chambers - average CB, awful RB
Knudsen - one of the worst LB i have seen in a long time
Skuke - Average
Douglas - Awful
Ward - Been shocking this season after the first few games - Some potential though
Bishop - Gone backwards since his injury and currently Douglas looks a better player
Best - Awful
Sears - Awful - 2 goals in 50 games. Works hard. No quality
Bru - offers nothing
mcGoldrick - Always injured and I know this will upset people but has offered very little for a few years. Flashes of a player that he once was
The Kids - Potential but apart from kenlock possible are no better at the moment that what we have. We have to change our formation to allow Dozzell to play at the moment, but again has potential. .
Who I am missing?

Are you saying that we played for a 1-0 defeat on Saturday? We didnt try to attack them? Are you serious or you winding me up. You think that we deliberately tried not to win that game.

I think we did try to attack but we just arent very good and have no confidence at the moment.

Our players work hard, give 100% but arent technically gifted so we play to our strenghts which is not to give too much away (hence our goals conceded) and try to nick it. (hence our goals scored) the problem is why have very little quality going forward.

So we have set out to play the best way we can given the squad we have. A bit like Man City - You would expect them to be ultra defensive given their lack of defensively minded players and attacking quality.

I think you are so blinkered by your hatred towards MM you cant actually see the bigger picture.

Sacking MM wont change the club or make us better - for that we need some funds, not £10-20m just a few. We are where we are due to budget not due to the manager.
Revealed - The Financial Truth on 11:40 - Jan 26 with 1258 viewsClausThomsen

Revealed - The Financial Truth on 10:02 - Jan 26 by chislehurstblue

Apart from Bart and Webste and maybe Berra, the players that we have are awful, below average championship players. Clearly I dont include Lawrence in that, but he isnt ours.

Skuke - Average
Douglas - Awful
Ward - Been shocking this season after the first few games - Some potential though
Bishop - Gone backwards since his injury and currently Douglas looks a better player
Best - Awful
Bru - offers nothing
mcGoldrick - Always injured and I know this will upset people but has offered very little for a few years. Flashes of a player that he once was
The Kids - Potential but apart from kenlock possible are no better at the moment that what we have. We have to change our formation to allow Dozzell to play at the moment, but again has potential. .
Who I am missing?

Are you saying that we played for a 1-0 defeat on Saturday? We didnt try to attack them? Are you serious or you winding me up. You think that we deliberately tried not to win that game.

I think we did try to attack but we just arent very good and have no confidence at the moment.

Our players work hard, give 100% but arent technically gifted so we play to our strenghts which is not to give too much away (hence our goals conceded) and try to nick it. (hence our goals scored) the problem is why have very little quality going forward.

So we have set out to play the best way we can given the squad we have. A bit like Man City - You would expect them to be ultra defensive given their lack of defensively minded players and attacking quality.

I think you are so blinkered by your hatred towards MM you cant actually see the bigger picture.

Sacking MM wont change the club or make us better - for that we need some funds, not £10-20m just a few. We are where we are due to budget not due to the manager.

I don't hate MM, he's done a decent job overall - but since the playoffs we've been getting worse and worse - and the buck stops with MM as far as what's going on on the pitch is concerned.

We only sold Mings after the playoffs, we had Murphy almost all season. He barely scored 10 goals. Sears was free-scoring until Mick turned him from a striker into whatever he's supposed to be at the moment. His return of goals has been embarassing, yet he was 1 in 2 before that. You say Chambers is an awful rightback but it's entirely down to McCarthy that he has been played there for so long. We played Pitman for 10 or so games in a row last season when Murphy was out, launching balls at him and he scored 0 goals in that system. And Bialkowski was left on the bench until Januaryish, then picks up player of the season having only played half of it.

After those 10 games sans Murphy where Pitman scored 0 goals in his role, some sort of understudy or replacement should have been made priority #1. Murphy was 33 and about to play in a major tournament. Failing that, some other playstyle should have been thought out. We scored goals under Mick before Murphy arrived.

McCarthy's proven to have run out of ideas. We scored goals under Mick before Murphy was here. Now, with a squad entirely of his own making, we barely register a shot on target. It's absolutely over under MM and the longer it goes on the worse it is for the club. Look at Grant Ward, hattrick on his debut, playing with a freedom for a while, now he looks just a shadow of that. None of our players are improving now under MM.

On Saturday MM had options, Douglas for Dozzell at 1-0 down is beyond ridiculous. A poster on here has compiled the Douglas stats, for points won and goals scored when he plays compared to when he doesn't. Less than a point when he plays and nearly 2 when he doesn't.

If a fan has spotted this trend, you can be certain that other players have noticed the "coincidence" of the results and performances when Douglas plays. Yet Mick sticks him on as some sort of solution. A Newcastle fan, so used to premiership football actually filmed Douglas for comedy purposes. His career's over as a player.

ME has nothing to do with any of the above. I don't like the way he syphons funds but I'm far more against his refusal to pull the trigger until we're bottom of the league.

Sacking MM would instantly improve us.
Revealed - The Financial Truth on 12:32 - Jan 26 with 1191 viewstheipswichman

Revealed - The Financial Truth on 10:02 - Jan 26 by chislehurstblue

Skuke - Average
Douglas - Awful
Best - Awful
Bru - offers nothing
Who I am missing?

Don't agree with that at all, our squad isn't great but some of those players are good players who are being asked to play in a way that doesn't play to their strengths. I'm not saying go out attack teams every week and push everyone forward, but keep the ball on the floor and play rather than lump to a striker who won't the header or hold it.

Yes our squad is one of the lower end in the league but they are good enough to at least play some sort of football, in fact we've seen it in certain games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024