Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... 08:16 - Feb 1 with 5659 viewsitfcjoe

......as much as you want - but ultimately good players win games.

We don't have enough of them, and the ones we have had over the last 18 months haven't been able to stay fit (Murphy, McGoldrick, Fraser, Williams, Bishop, Webster now)

You look at the level of signing we have brought in in this window, and frankly it is an utter embarrassment. We are going absolutely nowhere as the squad, fundamentally, isn't good enough.

The signings yesterday were an absolute joke - no offence to Samuel and Huws as they are 2 players that if they were on permanent deals I'd have been well happy with - but on loan shows what Evans ambitions are for the club.

January was their chance to save season ticket sales for next year - they've compounded it and will lose more season tickets, more corporate customers, more academy sponsors and the club will have less money.

If Evans spends £6m a year, and that is balanced out with £15m of transfer fees since start of 2014/15 then he's barely put a penny in. We are back at the stage of Sheepy and needing to sell a player every year to balance the books.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 09:35 - Feb 1 with 1587 viewsCaptainObvious

McCarthy was in serious trouble after Lincoln, bearing in mind Lincoln's budget compared to ours, but the abysmal transfer window has put the heat firmly back on Evans now.

I think it's quite clear McCarthy and Evans have agreed he will leave at the end of the season and so we have spent the minimum that he calculates we require to stay up.

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 09:44 - Feb 1 with 1565 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 09:33 - Feb 1 by Guthrum

Problem is, changing formation nullified what little attacking threat we had.

I think McCarthy's running out of ideas in part because we lack the players (barring a couple of exceptions) to execute any plan which might work. Thin out the defence and we concede, strengthen it and we can't score. Not a great choice.

I can quite easily see McCarthy leaving, his replacement getting the same level of players to use and ending up in a similar predicament - if not worse - in a year's time.

I have every sympathy with your feelings on the matter, it's horrible to watch. Just don't think changing the manager alone is going to provide the answer.

Agreed, the problem is much deeper than just Mick alone.

Evans is not backing Mick, Milne & the PR team (Ogle etc) just seen to do what they can to antagonise the fans these days, Mick is Mick, getting his tactics wrong, picking the wrong players/team etc. God knows what we do in training, have never seen an Ipswich team so uncomfortable with a football so you have to wonder about the coaches that are in place. Then you have our scouting system which seems pretty non existent-why chase £4 million Hugill when we only have £2 million to spend etc, start scouting abroad if we cant afford to compete in this country.

With crowds dwindling and the fans the post apathetic I have ever known its got to a point that where something needs to give. In an ideal world Evans would sell, Mick would be replaced by a young, hungry manager who would be given funds, we would start scouting the dutch leagues again and finding talent from there again and we would get someone in to provide a bridge between the club and the fans.

As I saw last night on Twitter, the Cobbolds would be turning in their graves at what is happening with our once proud club.

Am seriously annoyed with ITFC this morning if that's not coming across lol.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 10:03 - Feb 1 with 1549 viewschislehurstblue

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 09:28 - Feb 1 by ClausThomsen

Monk and Hughton won't get sacked - the FA cup is not important to a team involved in the promotion race. And they both lost the game over one away leg, creating more chances in the one leg than we managed over 2, home and away.

Even the most pro-MM supporter has to accept that we were outclassed by a non league team on our own ground. Then, after probably our best performance of the season against Blackburn, he changes the team completely for the away match against the non league team we scraped a draw against full-strength.

You can blah blah all day about money, but the Lincoln match was pure indication that McCarthy can't get a team to pass the ball to each other or create any clear cut chances against a team of far, far worse, cheaper players.

We have a decent squad for this level, if it's unbalanced (which it is at least) then that is the fault of the management. He's only sold a leftback since the playoffs.

Here's what happened when Wolves gave McCarty £35 million.
http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2012/02/taking-the-mick-mccarthys-transfer-deali

Brighton were outplayed and created fewer chances.

We were outclassed but did MM and the team really care. Sutton outclassed Leeds.

We dont have decent squad. Who is good enough to be in a top 8 team?

Sell your best players year on year and replace with free transfers what do you expect.

You want the moon on a stick?

Serious question do you go to the games?
You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 10:10 - Feb 1 with 1533 viewstextbackup

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 08:22 - Feb 1 by Bluebell

I hate to say it but why would you want Samuel and Huws on permanent deals?

We don't know how they are going to play for us, whether they will end up like a Coke or Bajner (I could name others but will stick at two). They aren't being picked by other Championship teams so there must be a reason. Let's find that out before committing to them. If Mick goes in the summer a new manager may have other ideas.

For what it's worth, the second half was the best I have seen us play all season apart from the fact we couldn't score. Spence had a great game once he had grown into it and Moore looked promising.

It doesn't take a football genius to work out Derby went into 1st gear in the second half. They LET us have the ball, they knew we'd pass it about a bit, but then it came to it we had zero chance of scoring.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 10:22 - Feb 1 with 1519 viewsGuthrum

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 09:44 - Feb 1 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

Evans is not backing Mick, Milne & the PR team (Ogle etc) just seen to do what they can to antagonise the fans these days, Mick is Mick, getting his tactics wrong, picking the wrong players/team etc. God knows what we do in training, have never seen an Ipswich team so uncomfortable with a football so you have to wonder about the coaches that are in place. Then you have our scouting system which seems pretty non existent-why chase £4 million Hugill when we only have £2 million to spend etc, start scouting abroad if we cant afford to compete in this country.

With crowds dwindling and the fans the post apathetic I have ever known its got to a point that where something needs to give. In an ideal world Evans would sell, Mick would be replaced by a young, hungry manager who would be given funds, we would start scouting the dutch leagues again and finding talent from there again and we would get someone in to provide a bridge between the club and the fans.

As I saw last night on Twitter, the Cobbolds would be turning in their graves at what is happening with our once proud club.

I'm not so much annoyed, just sad that every false dawn in the end has turned to dust and ashes, for years and years.

I will be bitterly disappointed if our record as one of the longest continually serving teams in the top two tiers of English football (60 seasons this year, only eight can boast longer) is allowed to go. One of the few current things we have left to be proud of. Quite apart from that, with the way things are, I'm not sure we'd be able to get back up very easily, if at all.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 10:27 - Feb 1 with 1508 viewsStenvict

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 09:44 - Feb 1 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

If you're annoyed, why are you laughing?

Poll: What will be announced first?

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 10:35 - Feb 1 with 1500 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 10:22 - Feb 1 by Guthrum

I'm not so much annoyed, just sad that every false dawn in the end has turned to dust and ashes, for years and years.

I will be bitterly disappointed if our record as one of the longest continually serving teams in the top two tiers of English football (60 seasons this year, only eight can boast longer) is allowed to go. One of the few current things we have left to be proud of. Quite apart from that, with the way things are, I'm not sure we'd be able to get back up very easily, if at all.

We are unfortunately sleeping our way towards relegation at the min and like you, if we do go down we will be a League 1 club for some time to come, especially if Evans is still in charge at the club.

We are effectively a League 1 club now with our budget etc, punching above its weight in the Championship (only taking budget wise here). Its just so sad for our once proud club that that's the way we are heading and the powers that be are more than happy to sleepwalk into it!

It might take a decade to recover from going down, or we could tumble through the leagues like Luton, Portsmouth etc. Something needs to give and surely the easiest thing right now is to say goodbye to Mick.

I did sit there last night and wonder would an interim manager do any worse right now-surely someone connected with the club would get the fans on their side at least and that could be the difference between a few vital points between now & the end of the season. Right now I just cant see where the next 3 points are coming from with our gutless players.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 10:36 - Feb 1 with 1496 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 10:27 - Feb 1 by Stenvict

If you're annoyed, why are you laughing?

Really?!?!

Login to get fewer ads

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 10:56 - Feb 1 with 1481 viewsGuthrum

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 10:35 - Feb 1 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

We are unfortunately sleeping our way towards relegation at the min and like you, if we do go down we will be a League 1 club for some time to come, especially if Evans is still in charge at the club.

We are effectively a League 1 club now with our budget etc, punching above its weight in the Championship (only taking budget wise here). Its just so sad for our once proud club that that's the way we are heading and the powers that be are more than happy to sleepwalk into it!

It might take a decade to recover from going down, or we could tumble through the leagues like Luton, Portsmouth etc. Something needs to give and surely the easiest thing right now is to say goodbye to Mick.

I did sit there last night and wonder would an interim manager do any worse right now-surely someone connected with the club would get the fans on their side at least and that could be the difference between a few vital points between now & the end of the season. Right now I just cant see where the next 3 points are coming from with our gutless players.

I still don't think it's likely we'd be relegated this season, especially if we keep McCarthy. His teams are (and always have been) able to pull out the odd good performance when it's really needed. I went to PR for the Bristol game and we actually played well. We haven't lost two in a row all season so far. I also think we're not going to want all that many more points to reach bare safety.

However, next season and the one after are likely to see us fall further and further behind. With being only just above the danger zone now, it could get hairy very quickly.

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 11:08 - Feb 1 with 1450 viewsitfcjoe

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 09:03 - Feb 1 by ClausThomsen

We've got good players, but Mick stifles them or misuses them.

Long balls to Pitman is never gonna work. Lincoln's long balls to that bald fat guy ripped us to pieces.

Lincoln was the wake up call, can't believe how many have slept through it.

Our players are not good enough - the squad is poor

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 11:11 - Feb 1 with 1444 viewstextbackup

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 08:49 - Feb 1 by itfcjoe

How can a club expect to retain support when they are dishonest to the supporters. They want to be seen as a business so have to run as a proper one.

I spoke to my Dad at length about our tickets for next year - no way will I be renewing without a fight. And if they put up their usual effort to get me back or sell something to me then that will be another £5k gone from the budget - not a great deal in grand scheme of things but it all adds up.

No doubt I'll still get a ticket in the stands, but being a corporate customer they should be all over me looking to keep me on side - they offer me f*ck all.

Any fan, any amount they pay, should be classed as important as the other. And the club should be doing EVERYTHING to keep us all. £34 a month, £400 a year or £5k a year, we are all as equally important to retain as paying customers.

And if they do bend over backwards to keep corporate customers it sums them up, because the boys paying 400 quid a year have got fck all back from club

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 11:11 - Feb 1 with 1445 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 10:56 - Feb 1 by Guthrum

I still don't think it's likely we'd be relegated this season, especially if we keep McCarthy. His teams are (and always have been) able to pull out the odd good performance when it's really needed. I went to PR for the Bristol game and we actually played well. We haven't lost two in a row all season so far. I also think we're not going to want all that many more points to reach bare safety.

However, next season and the one after are likely to see us fall further and further behind. With being only just above the danger zone now, it could get hairy very quickly.

I would have said that, but we look so far away from being a Mick McCarthy team its unreal, watching Derby press us last night reminded of me of the simple things Mick got us doing when he first came in that are seriously being neglected right now.

We don't press, we cant defend to save our lives right now, we aren't really scoring from set pieces these days or if at all. I just don't get this whole head in the sand mentality that Mick is the man to save us, he has relegation's on his CV and it has all the ear marks of his final days at Wolves.

Just wish Evans would wake up and see that, if not then Milne should be banging on his door and telling him to pull the trigger. Unfortunately Milne has thrown his lot in with Mick so it really comes down to Evans doing what is necessary which looks highly unlikely till the summer. Its going to be a tough few months ahead :(

Not having a go by the way, just nice to vent after last nights abysmal showing!

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 11:21 - Feb 1 with 1425 viewsitfcjoe

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 11:11 - Feb 1 by textbackup

Any fan, any amount they pay, should be classed as important as the other. And the club should be doing EVERYTHING to keep us all. £34 a month, £400 a year or £5k a year, we are all as equally important to retain as paying customers.

And if they do bend over backwards to keep corporate customers it sums them up, because the boys paying 400 quid a year have got fck all back from club

I don't disagree with that - but as with any business it is easier to try and keep 2 customers spending £2.5k than 10 customers spending £500.

The reality is corporate customers are supposed to have a sales team look after us, whereas normal customers don't. The sales team don't do enough, and there should be a sales team for the normal fans which I will go back to after a couple of years away.

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 11:22 - Feb 1 with 1414 viewsClausThomsen

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 10:03 - Feb 1 by chislehurstblue

Brighton were outplayed and created fewer chances.

We were outclassed but did MM and the team really care. Sutton outclassed Leeds.

We dont have decent squad. Who is good enough to be in a top 8 team?

Sell your best players year on year and replace with free transfers what do you expect.

You want the moon on a stick?

Serious question do you go to the games?

I don't want the moon on the stick, just a team that is capable of creating chances against teams in the same division let alone a team that aren't in the football league.

Brighton had more possession and more shots on target in their one game than we did over two. Pathetic comparison between that and our 2 legged affair - especially as we played a full strength team at home. I don't know about the Sutton match but it was 1 away leg, and Leeds have the league to focus on. They've got a right and a reason to not care - MM has no excuse.

Good enough to be in a top 8 team? Bialkowski, Berra, Smith, Chambers, Skuse, Hyam, Bishop (who MM drops for Douglas), Lawrence, Pitman, McGoldrick, Sears before MM turned him into a cack winger. You can argue that they aren't top 8 players but we got in the top 8 with most of those players 3 seasons in a row. They're underperforming and the buck stops at Mick.

We haven't sold our best players year on year, we sold Mings after the playoffs and Murphy in August, that's it. Murphy was 33 anyway, it was a no-brainer sale. Did you read that Wolves article? MM's style hits a ceiling regardless of money spent. £35 million in Wolves's case (and 2 subsequent relegations with those players after he left).

I don't get to many games, but what's that got to do with anything? Are we creating loads of chances and getting loads of shots on target that are being covered up by Ipswich player HD?
You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 11:25 - Feb 1 with 1399 viewsitfcjoe

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 11:22 - Feb 1 by ClausThomsen

I don't want the moon on the stick, just a team that is capable of creating chances against teams in the same division let alone a team that aren't in the football league.

Brighton had more possession and more shots on target in their one game than we did over two. Pathetic comparison between that and our 2 legged affair - especially as we played a full strength team at home. I don't know about the Sutton match but it was 1 away leg, and Leeds have the league to focus on. They've got a right and a reason to not care - MM has no excuse.

Good enough to be in a top 8 team? Bialkowski, Berra, Smith, Chambers, Skuse, Hyam, Bishop (who MM drops for Douglas), Lawrence, Pitman, McGoldrick, Sears before MM turned him into a cack winger. You can argue that they aren't top 8 players but we got in the top 8 with most of those players 3 seasons in a row. They're underperforming and the buck stops at Mick.

We haven't sold our best players year on year, we sold Mings after the playoffs and Murphy in August, that's it. Murphy was 33 anyway, it was a no-brainer sale. Did you read that Wolves article? MM's style hits a ceiling regardless of money spent. £35 million in Wolves's case (and 2 subsequent relegations with those players after he left).

I don't get to many games, but what's that got to do with anything? Are we creating loads of chances and getting loads of shots on target that are being covered up by Ipswich player HD?

"I don't get to many games, but what's that got to do with anything?"

This sums up your expert opinion.

To expand - you need to go to more games if you think list of players is top 8 quality. YOu want to see top 8 quality you look at the Derby team last night.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2017 11:34]

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 11:29 - Feb 1 with 1385 viewsSuperfrans

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 11:11 - Feb 1 by textbackup

Never quite understand this argument.

"The boys" spending £400 a month get exactly what they sign up to - no guarantee of anything other than 23 x 90 minute home matches every season, in the Championship.

Anyone who believes they are guaranteed anything else - entertainment, success, a warm seat doesn't understand what they're buying. There really is one simple sanction - don't buy a season ticket.

I will probably do so again. Not sure why. But it is my own free choice.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 11:33 - Feb 1 with 1355 viewsClausThomsen

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 11:08 - Feb 1 by itfcjoe

Our players are not good enough - the squad is poor

Poorer than Lincoln's?
You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 11:34 - Feb 1 with 1353 viewsthatdamgood89

Good players win football matches. That is spot on! However last night and may games across the whole of this season have been more then just about how LITTLE money we have spent or how FEW game changing or winning players we have as a club.

When you have nothing you have to really work with what you have in order to get the most out of them and Mick and the backroom staff simply are not doing that.

'What do they do during the week in training' is a common cry up and down the land more so when a team is struggling but really for a good few years and especially this season it's question which really carries weight when watching US play.

We lack any pattern in play- This isn't about having good players it's about having ethos and direction and mentality and desire to play that way.
We look completely lost the moment we change from one formation to another mid way through a game - This isn't hard you practice one formation in a 60 minute drill and change to another at points during that 60 minutes so everyone is aware at all times what how and why
The players look completely uninterested and unmotivated.
Set Pieces- There's no set up,design anything it's just either lump it or throw it and hope for the best.

Take last night- Derby have spent money fair enough the caliber of player is better however the things you don't have to buy THEY WERE SO SO SO SO MUCH BETTER AT

Work rate
fitness (sharpness in getting to the ball)
Being organised every man knew his job to the letter. If one man was pulled out the other knew where he needed to be ( Evidence of good training good tactical knowledge being passed down and hammered into each player)
Set pieces- for all their cash they still had taken the time to work on set piece design in order to get the maximum they could out of every match situation.

When your not even getting the basics right the things that every time can do regardless of how much money they have got sat in the bank then it's always going to be that much harder!

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 11:40 - Feb 1 with 1342 viewsitfcjoe

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 11:33 - Feb 1 by ClausThomsen

Poorer than Lincoln's?

No obviously not, neither are the Brighton players - it was just a couple of sh*t games against a side in good form that we didn't turn up for.

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 11:43 - Feb 1 with 1325 viewsClausThomsen

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 11:25 - Feb 1 by itfcjoe

"I don't get to many games, but what's that got to do with anything?"

This sums up your expert opinion.

To expand - you need to go to more games if you think list of players is top 8 quality. YOu want to see top 8 quality you look at the Derby team last night.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2017 11:34]

I haven't got an expert opinion, neither have you. Just an opinion - one you can't respond to so you claim expert high ground based on ploughing through McCarthy's entertainment. I'm one of many fans with no desire to pay through the arse to watch fear-first football.

Why are those players top 8 3 seasons in a row and now they can't even create a chance? Derby have been spending fortunes for those 3 seasons but we still competed. They had these players in the opposite fixture and we beat them 1-0.

We're barely Championship quality - we don't create chances against teams of our stature. We didn't create chances against Lincoln City.

Mick's days as a manager are done.

ME and MM are equally to blame. Everything you see on the pitch is MM's work - he gets the same amount of time as the Lincoln manager to organize the players he signed into some sort of threat. We're anything but.
You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 11:48 - Feb 1 with 1308 viewsitfcjoe

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 11:43 - Feb 1 by ClausThomsen

I haven't got an expert opinion, neither have you. Just an opinion - one you can't respond to so you claim expert high ground based on ploughing through McCarthy's entertainment. I'm one of many fans with no desire to pay through the arse to watch fear-first football.

Why are those players top 8 3 seasons in a row and now they can't even create a chance? Derby have been spending fortunes for those 3 seasons but we still competed. They had these players in the opposite fixture and we beat them 1-0.

We're barely Championship quality - we don't create chances against teams of our stature. We didn't create chances against Lincoln City.

Mick's days as a manager are done.

ME and MM are equally to blame. Everything you see on the pitch is MM's work - he gets the same amount of time as the Lincoln manager to organize the players he signed into some sort of threat. We're anything but.

If you are only ever going to compare it to the Lincoln game then what is the point?

You can say you don't want to pay to go, I couldn't care less - but you can't then come on here and try and make sweeping judgements on players abilities based on highlights. Those players are not good enough for a top 8 side - that is a fact that anyone who watches regularly will agree with. Bart has been excellent - Tom Lawrence too, but the rest are bang average Championship players, and are paid as such.

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 11:50 - Feb 1 with 1297 viewsGuthrum

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 11:11 - Feb 1 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

I would have said that, but we look so far away from being a Mick McCarthy team its unreal, watching Derby press us last night reminded of me of the simple things Mick got us doing when he first came in that are seriously being neglected right now.

We don't press, we cant defend to save our lives right now, we aren't really scoring from set pieces these days or if at all. I just don't get this whole head in the sand mentality that Mick is the man to save us, he has relegation's on his CV and it has all the ear marks of his final days at Wolves.

Just wish Evans would wake up and see that, if not then Milne should be banging on his door and telling him to pull the trigger. Unfortunately Milne has thrown his lot in with Mick so it really comes down to Evans doing what is necessary which looks highly unlikely till the summer. Its going to be a tough few months ahead :(

Not having a go by the way, just nice to vent after last nights abysmal showing!

Of course. Taking this as a debate, not having a go!

The Milne situation is, for me, down to a misunderstanding of his role. He personally has no responsibility and authority on the football side of ITFC, it's all admin, pricing, corporate stuff, etc. He has no involvement in transfer dealings, is not in the loop between manager and owner. He probably ought not to be making pronouncements about McCarthy at all, except that he is the only mouthpiece for Evans own views (other than the manager himself or the occasional programme article). In that aspect, he has no independence, the words are not his (or, if they are, carry no weight).

We got pulverised by Derby, but they are a decent team, in 6th place. As are several of the others in the next few weeks. But we also still have to face Wolves, Cardiff, Wigan, Burton, Rotherham and Forest. The odd QPR home/Sheffield away performance against those will gather the points we need. Confidence was not great after Lincoln and Huddersfield, but we still managed an away draw at Preston (another team doing pretty well).

This team is inconsistent and thus capable of the occasional peak, as well as the troughs.

Tho it is highly alarming that our talisman went off injured last night.

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 11:50 - Feb 1 with 1296 viewsClausThomsen

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 11:40 - Feb 1 by itfcjoe

No obviously not, neither are the Brighton players - it was just a couple of sh*t games against a side in good form that we didn't turn up for.

Brighton are winning the Championship - last thing they need is a cup distraction. They had more possession and numerous chances as well.

It's the first thing we needed as our league campaign was well over.

There's no excuse for not beating Lincoln over 2 legs, let alone being unable to create any chances and being dominated for possession.

MM's tried to blend our pathetic performances against Lincoln in with Leeds and Brighton's throwaway one-off defeats. And the pro-MMers have bought into it. It's BS. There's no comparison. We were at home and full strength and we made them look like Derby.
You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 11:54 - Feb 1 with 1282 viewspablosturn

Maybe thy didn't want to come permanently because of our league position, which is as much MMs fault as MEs
You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 11:55 - Feb 1 with 1280 viewsClausThomsen

You can go on about formation, style, tactics and the like..... on 11:48 - Feb 1 by itfcjoe

If you are only ever going to compare it to the Lincoln game then what is the point?

You can say you don't want to pay to go, I couldn't care less - but you can't then come on here and try and make sweeping judgements on players abilities based on highlights. Those players are not good enough for a top 8 side - that is a fact that anyone who watches regularly will agree with. Bart has been excellent - Tom Lawrence too, but the rest are bang average Championship players, and are paid as such.

They were good enough for top 8 3 seasons in a row, and if they have deteriorated so badly - who's in charge of their development?

You are just ignoring the Lincoln game. It was the perfect litmus test for McCarthy's style. It clearly indicated, over a home and away leg, that with a far superior and expensive bunch of players, McCarthy still can't organize a team to even create a chance.

His time is over.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024