Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Freddie Sears 11:23 - Feb 17 with 2611 viewsRyanblue4life

He can't start tomorrow, he's got no end product what so ever.

and i see on here everyone saying 'play him in the right position' blah blah blah.

he's played upfront on a number of occasions this season and not produced. he's not the same player he used to be, his game has been ruined by playing on the wing and that is sad.

Give Moore a go!!!! can't do any worse than that lazy slow lump Pitman
Freddie Sears on 13:01 - Feb 17 with 2515 viewsTractorCam

Agree with Sears. Pitman is another who I haven't been a fan of but would like to see given a go now that we have midfield supporting him

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Freddie Sears on 13:10 - Feb 17 with 2480 viewsjimmy76

Freddie Sears on 13:01 - Feb 17 by TractorCam

Agree with Sears. Pitman is another who I haven't been a fan of but would like to see given a go now that we have midfield supporting him

I do like Pitman, but i think it's either him or McGoldrick with a pacier striker like Sears, Moore (who seems to have a bit of pace) or even Morris for me. It's a shame Rowe isn't up to it yet.
Freddie Sears on 13:34 - Feb 17 with 2423 viewsitfcjoe

I don't disagree with the bit about Sears not actually being that good - but think him starting is most like for like replacement for Lawrence - but would be happy to see Moore given a go

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Freddie Sears on 13:49 - Feb 17 with 2380 viewsGuthrum

Pitman is a goalscorer. What he isn't is a drop-deep-to-fetch-the-ball kind of forward.

Also, don't agree that Sears has been 'ruined' by playing out wide. He's an energetic player who has the ability to produce bursts of very good form. The rest of his career has been much less outstanding (how he ended up at Colchester in the first place). For a time, he was about the only uninjured player at Town with any kind of real pace, thus ended up on the wing - and did a decent job.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Freddie Sears on 13:57 - Feb 17 with 2355 viewsKeaneish

No end product? He's scored 1 in 4 or there about for us.

Sears is the most like-for-like replacement for Lawrence. Can't wait for him to come good again. At 27 he's still got a big future here. That is of course, unless the fans turn on him ala this post.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] テつ」2.65 Million and Waiting?

Freddie Sears on 14:23 - Feb 17 with 2317 viewshampstead_blue

Pitman is a finisher. He's not going to track and come deep.

His lack of goals is more than likely down to the service.

Sears seems to have had the poacher coached out of him. Lots of running but not much else....remember Paul Anderson?

Keep McG fit and Skuse on the bench and we'll be fine.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Freddie Sears on 23:56 - Feb 17 with 1989 viewsbournemouthblue

Freddie Sears on 14:23 - Feb 17 by hampstead_blue

Pitman is a finisher. He's not going to track and come deep.

His lack of goals is more than likely down to the service.

Sears seems to have had the poacher coached out of him. Lots of running but not much else....remember Paul Anderson?

Keep McG fit and Skuse on the bench and we'll be fine.

wasn't Ando our top assister in the play-off season?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Freddie Sears on 00:46 - Feb 18 with 1942 viewstheipswichman

Freddie Sears on 13:57 - Feb 17 by Keaneish

No end product? He's scored 1 in 4 or there about for us.

Sears is the most like-for-like replacement for Lawrence. Can't wait for him to come good again. At 27 he's still got a big future here. That is of course, unless the fans turn on him ala this post.

Sears has scored two goals in a year and two months, great end product. Don't blame it just on the fact he's played on the wing, he's had plenty of chances up front as well.

Fact is Sears is great at running and carrying the ball, but it tends to end up being pointless because he either loses it or puts in a shocking cross.
Login to get fewer ads

Freddie Sears on 04:31 - Feb 18 with 1866 viewsharlingblue

Give Moore a start, he looks a great buy. Big, strong and good on the ball, would also be great to help out the defence at set pieces.
Freddie burst on the scene, but has not sustained that progress, fast, hard working, but doesn't seem to have a goal in him either played out wide on in his natural position.
As for Pitman, I don't agree that he is a lazy lump, he is a natural goalscorer, but needs a proper service from the midfield or attacking wing backs.
Moore could be our new Murphy, perhaps not as a goalscorer, but a player that allows other players to score.
Freddie Sears on 05:21 - Feb 18 with 1851 viewsKeaneish

Freddie Sears on 00:46 - Feb 18 by theipswichman

Sears has scored two goals in a year and two months, great end product. Don't blame it just on the fact he's played on the wing, he's had plenty of chances up front as well.

Fact is Sears is great at running and carrying the ball, but it tends to end up being pointless because he either loses it or puts in a shocking cross.

I don't blame it on him being played out of position, I blame it on the football being dire, lack of form across the whole team and a whole side bereft of confidence, leadership or tactical nouse. If it weren't for Lawrence, some injuries forcing a change in team shape and new additions, this mini revival wouldn't have happened.

Sears is decent. Some of you have lost patience. I haven't.

Freddie Sears on 15:14 - Feb 18 with 1664 viewsKeaneish

LOVE IT. Good boy Freddie.

Freddie Sears on 15:15 - Feb 18 with 1652 viewsBackToRussia

Heh heh this always happens

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Freddie Sears on 16:14 - Feb 18 with 1470 viewsSwansea_Blue

Chuckle

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Freddie Sears on 16:24 - Feb 18 with 1426 viewsBudapestByBlimp

Let me try .... that McGoldrick and Ward are a bit sh1t aren't they - couldn't hit a barn door .....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024