Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For those who aren't renewing.... 08:52 - Mar 12 with 10758 viewsitfcjoe

....what will it take to make you renew?

Simply a new manager? Or a certain type of manager - or just anyone but Mick?
Investment from Evans?
Prices slashed?

Or is there no circumstances in which you will for various reasons.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

For those who aren't renewing.... on 09:03 - Mar 12 with 3906 viewstextbackup

Sorry to join in, because I'll be renewing (but I'm a bit bored at work)

My dreams for the summer is an early appointment of a young enthusiastic footballing manager, if he's a well known name or not it doesn't worry me. Let him become something here.
I want our tosspot owner to back him properly, and by that I mean 4/5 £1m + signings. Improve every area of the team, and let's be honest it's not hard to do that.
Get rid of Berra etc

Slashing ST prices won't do anything IMO, we'll get 12000 pay the price now, and we'll get 12000 if they went down to £150!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

For those who aren't renewing.... on 09:06 - Mar 12 with 3885 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

I've noticed a shift in sentiment on here recently with more posters now calling for Evans to quit I don't know if that's in addition to Mick or instead of Mick?
For those who aren't renewing.... on 09:08 - Mar 12 with 3874 viewsManchesterblue

I won't be renewing because I think football in general is suckin the life out of every supporter, OK this season has been shocking in terms of entertainment value but take a look at what has happened with QPR and the FFP, take a look at Leicester and the whole Ranieri situation, the list goes on, there have been 6 of us who meet up each week for a couple if pints and go to the footie, 2 now play golf, and the rest of us will be meeting up elsewhere once a week

For those who aren't renewing.... on 09:09 - Mar 12 with 3867 viewstrncbluearmy

Don`t have a season ticket anymore but do a round trip of 4000 miles to get to several games a season, having just returned after witnessing the Brentford and Wolves games I will not be making the effort again without proper investment/commitment from ME and perhaps a new manager.(Very anti,then after the improvement became pro, now he`s returned to type,just go)

But the real culprit in all this is Evans it has been nothing but decline since he got involved apart from one fluke season when Murphy could`t miss
For those who aren't renewing.... on 09:09 - Mar 12 with 3866 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

For those who aren't renewing.... on 09:03 - Mar 12 by textbackup

My dreams for the summer is an early appointment of a young enthusiastic footballing manager, if he's a well known name or not it doesn't worry me. Let him become something here.
I want our tosspot owner to back him properly, and by that I mean 4/5 £1m + signings. Improve every area of the team, and let's be honest it's not hard to do that.
Get rid of Berra etc

Slashing ST prices won't do anything IMO, we'll get 12000 pay the price now, and we'll get 12000 if they went down to £150!

I will renew as well but that doesn't mean I am happy and that all is rosy in the garden, think the time has come for a change in management.
For those who aren't renewing.... on 09:11 - Mar 12 with 3851 viewsitfcjoe

For those who aren't renewing.... on 09:03 - Mar 12 by textbackup

Get rid of Berra etc

I'd like to see a Director of Football appointed to oversee the whole club with a philosophy from top to bottom, and for that guy to appoint a new manager who fits in with a club philosophy.

Or a big risk on a foreign manager like Hudds did with Wagner, or B righton did all those years ago.

Ultimately I worry that ME, or anyone at boardroom level. doesn't know what a succesful football club looks like though

For those who aren't renewing.... on 09:12 - Mar 12 with 3828 viewsTractorWood

I'll renew out of blind loyalty. If Evans doesn't install a decent manager, with some kind of reasonable budget for decent, permanent signings whoever is in charge is facing a relegation battle.

I expect to be one of 10,000 with our gates dropping to an average of 12,500.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

For those who aren't renewing.... on 09:13 - Mar 12 with 3836 viewsle2blue

- Leadership - Ian Milne is a part-time spokesperson who's attempts to spin have back fired and created more concern over the leadership of the club. Mick is obviously the leader of the team, but we need a leader of the club. Look at our most successful spells and we've had clear leadership and vision from both the manager and the chairman. We woefully lack club leadership now which has affected the relationship with the fans, in my opinion, if Evans had a strong CEO the fact he doesnt want to be visible would be less of an issue - look at Man City and Liverpool (no comparable clubs) they have prominent CEO's who lead the club and their owners are rarely if ever vocale / visible.

- Investment in the club - players, not multi-millions but more Adam Webster like signings and the occasional bigger investment to allow us to compete.

- A longer term structure within the club for succession management - part of our issue now is that Mick is DoF, Coach, Manager, CEO, etc. That was fine under Robson but times have changed. We have no clear vision of playing style and for how the management of the club will evolve.

- A real commitment to bring through youth team players - e.g. under Burley where there was a clear pathway and consistency of playing style. (see point 2)

- An attempt to re-connect the club / management to the fans - Mick's attitude towards fans isn't helping things, neither is the general sense of apathy that surrounds the club...it's a tiny thing but things like the state of the old ticket office and the back of the north stand just smack of a loss of sense of pride in the place, I get that investment has been prioritised elsewhere but things like this don't help. (see point 1)

I don't necessarily want Mick to go, but it feels like he wants to go and I'm not sure he will adapt.
Login to get fewer ads

For those who aren't renewing.... on 09:24 - Mar 12 with 3770 viewsElderGrizzly

Sadly my job just means i can no longer justify the thousands a season, when it means i can only get to 50% of games usually dueto not being in the country!

I left it this season as i hoped we'd change and i'd see better football and better results. We haven't, so it makes the decision easier.

The club needs changes top to bottom if we are to move forward. Simply the structure isn't working, with or without more investment. If i see things changing, i'll be happier not using a ticket some weeks and would come back.

Nothing changing isn't an option for the club now. What that change is, is a difficult one.

A huge choice for me after 20+ years as a ST holder, but life changes i guess. 😔
For those who aren't renewing.... on 09:29 - Mar 12 with 3723 viewstaximan

For those who aren't renewing.... on 09:24 - Mar 12 by ElderGrizzly

Sadly my job just means i can no longer justify the thousands a season, when it means i can only get to 50% of games usually dueto not being in the country!

I left it this season as i hoped we'd change and i'd see better football and better results. We haven't, so it makes the decision easier.

The club needs changes top to bottom if we are to move forward. Simply the structure isn't working, with or without more investment. If i see things changing, i'll be happier not using a ticket some weeks and would come back.

Nothing changing isn't an option for the club now. What that change is, is a difficult one.

A huge choice for me after 20+ years as a ST holder, but life changes i guess. 😔

your last line is bang on
For those who aren't renewing.... on 09:34 - Mar 12 with 3709 viewsitfcjoe

Makes sense, the problem the club is is that matchday prices are so out of whack with ST prices that I can't see anyone who gives one up coming back and paying £35 a ticket when their ST driect debit was previously that.

Some of my mates who have them that don't live local and miss a lot of games end up viewing them as a donation to the club!

For those who aren't renewing.... on 09:42 - Mar 12 with 3678 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

It's a bit of a sorry state isn't it, the Club I mean, not your job obviously.
For those who aren't renewing.... on 09:46 - Mar 12 with 3661 viewsbrogansnose

I need to see those changes before I come back. It already feels like a total wrench but I'm fed up with being taken for a mug and that's not just me its 5 of us. We'll meet up elsewhere for the social side and will probably do some aways or possibly take in some U18 matches.

The backside dropped out of the club this season. The fifteen years of all that has happened , or not happened, has come together.
For those who aren't renewing.... on 09:47 - Mar 12 with 3657 viewsGuthrum

For those who aren't renewing.... on 09:08 - Mar 12 by Manchesterblue

I won't be renewing because I think football in general is suckin the life out of every supporter, OK this season has been shocking in terms of entertainment value but take a look at what has happened with QPR and the FFP, take a look at Leicester and the whole Ranieri situation, the list goes on, there have been 6 of us who meet up each week for a couple if pints and go to the footie, 2 now play golf, and the rest of us will be meeting up elsewhere once a week

What's happening at Ipswich Town has a lot to do with the general malaise affecting football. The problem of having an owner prepared to put in up to five or six million a year, but still not being able to even nearly compete in the transfer market. Having to borrow the Prem's quality youth because they hoover them all up as children. Falling progressively further behind every season as inflation races pretty much unchecked. A financial bias in favour of clubs who have fallen out of the top tier.

And it's all just been allowed to happen. Even if the FA or the Football League wanted to do anything, they are held over a barrel financially by the Prem.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

For those who aren't renewing.... on 09:47 - Mar 12 with 3657 viewsElderGrizzly

For those who aren't renewing.... on 09:34 - Mar 12 by itfcjoe

Makes sense, the problem the club is is that matchday prices are so out of whack with ST prices that I can't see anyone who gives one up coming back and paying £35 a ticket when their ST driect debit was previously that.

Some of my mates who have them that don't live local and miss a lot of games end up viewing them as a donation to the club!

Yep, i'll be in pick & choose territory. My DD was around £200 a month for two ST, plus the other extras. If i make one or 2 a month, i'll still be better off.

Not about the money completely for me and i saw your post about you thinking of giving up the SBR suite. It doesn't take many of you at that level to give up to see a big drop in income.

The SBR suite has been like a ghost town the few times i've been in there this season, considering it can hold over 200.
For those who aren't renewing.... on 09:49 - Mar 12 with 3645 viewsGuthrum

For those who aren't renewing.... on 09:11 - Mar 12 by itfcjoe

I'd like to see a Director of Football appointed to oversee the whole club with a philosophy from top to bottom, and for that guy to appoint a new manager who fits in with a club philosophy.

Or a big risk on a foreign manager like Hudds did with Wagner, or B righton did all those years ago.

Ultimately I worry that ME, or anyone at boardroom level. doesn't know what a succesful football club looks like though

I used not to like the powerful Director of Football concept. But I'm increasingly thinking it's necessary, especially where the owners/chairmen are not experienced "football people".

For those who aren't renewing.... on 09:50 - Mar 12 with 3624 viewstextbackup

For those who aren't renewing.... on 09:11 - Mar 12 by itfcjoe

As DOF, I only want one man. Burley

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

For those who aren't renewing.... on 09:50 - Mar 12 with 3626 viewsitfcjoe

For those who aren't renewing.... on 09:47 - Mar 12 by ElderGrizzly

Yep, i'll be in pick & choose territory. My DD was around £200 a month for two ST, plus the other extras. If i make one or 2 a month, i'll still be better off.

Not about the money completely for me and i saw your post about you thinking of giving up the SBR suite. It doesn't take many of you at that level to give up to see a big drop in income.

The SBR suite has been like a ghost town the few times i've been in there this season, considering it can hold over 200.

It's been peaks and troughs, early in season some games were about 50 people - but had plenty there for last few for whatever reason!

For those who aren't renewing.... on 09:51 - Mar 12 with 3622 viewscrunchie1978

I think the club needs to look no further than Huddersfield...they slashed their prices and got a manager in who's hungry to prove himself and plays decent football.
There's a lot of people here who don't go because of mick and there's a lot of people who don't go simply because of the cost....you can appease both...but I can't see the club doing it....they are so far removed from the fan base now that I think people have simply just had enough.
For those who aren't renewing.... on 09:58 - Mar 12 with 3577 viewsstrikalite

For those who aren't renewing.... on 09:51 - Mar 12 by crunchie1978

I think the club needs to look no further than Huddersfield...they slashed their prices and got a manager in who's hungry to prove himself and plays decent football.
There's a lot of people here who don't go because of mick and there's a lot of people who don't go simply because of the cost....you can appease both...but I can't see the club doing it....they are so far removed from the fan base now that I think people have simply just had enough.

Though the Hudds Town owner has spent some money and is prepared to spend more, but I agree with what you're saying, this Lincoln pair are on the radio speaking now, have been for the last hour or so, boy I do like them, be a very very lucky Club whoever decide to put faith in this pair I feel...
For those who aren't renewing.... on 10:04 - Mar 12 with 3528 viewsArcher4721

It's not about the manager or style of football for me it's just that I've fallen out of love with modern football. I wouldn't renew next season if we were in the Prem and Jurgen Klopp was manager! When you see mediocre players as we have going through the motions earning more in a week than many people earn in a year then something is seriously wrong with the game.
For those who aren't renewing.... on 10:06 - Mar 12 with 3518 viewschristiand

I have often contemplated getting a season ticket, as I used to go fairly often during a season; I haven't been for ages due to the quality of football being served up. Results for me aren't enough, I want to be entertained too! The last time I went to PR it was mind numbingly boring, like watching a lower brand of non league football being played by championship players. That was it for me.

Coming back to your original point ITFCjoe, firstly I think the club need to look at match day pricing, make it more affordable and appealing for all - like Brighton do. Secondly, the football although a little better is still not appealing enough. When you look at most of the statistics: number of shots, possession, passing accuracy we are in the bottom three for the Championship - MM I like as a man, but has limitations in moving us forwards with this management style is exposed when we play against footballing sides like Fulham and Brentford. Thirdly, having a connection with the fans, that has gone completely. I think of us under Sheepshanks and for all his faults we all felt we were in it together fans, players, coaches, directors etc - good or bad. Now I feel it's more turn up if you want to, your choice! Next, an injection of excitement that the club has the ambition of going places rather just treading water putting some pride back in to the club. I think of Newcastle when they first appointed Kevin Keegan, a club going nowhere fast, stagnating in fact. An appointment that will get us fans on board again, entice us back and encouraging an exciting brand of football, where our hard earned cashed feels well invested on a weekly basis. We can actually see progress! Finally, we need an owner that is more transparent and honestly says what the ambitions are for the club. Also, someone that outlines how much the manager has to spend in the transfer window. There is too much second guessing from our point of view, where 2+2=5 and we are trying to read between the lines which causes huge frustration from my viewpoint, especially when Milne starts spouting his BS!!

I've said this before, but I always feel that we are a club that is reactive rather than proactive, we always seem to react once the horse has bolted. Personally, I think to start to move us forward the leadership needs to be so much better and that starts at the very top with ME, but I'm just not convinced that he has the right people around him to nudge the club back in the right direction. After all, running a football club just seems a completely different animal to running a normal business.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2017 10:10]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

For those who aren't renewing.... on 10:06 - Mar 12 with 3506 viewsGuthrum

For those who aren't renewing.... on 09:50 - Mar 12 by textbackup

As DOF, I only want one man. Burley

Is Burley good at negotiating transfers? Because that's going to be a major part of the job.

For those who aren't renewing.... on 10:06 - Mar 12 with 3510 viewsnbsiyag

I'll renew as it is still my club. The SBR lower s/t price is not bad. I can't however fathom out why the upper seats be hind the goal are so much more expensive. How often we can bothered to do the 240 mile round trip will depend on the quality of football. I can't see it ever improving under the present manager.
on 10:11 - Mar 12 with 3480 views_

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024