Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Now not the time' for independence vote 13:03 - Mar 16 with 1450 viewsthebluewizzard

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-39293513
'Now not the time' for independence vote on 13:08 - Mar 16 with 1434 viewschicoazul

It'a almost like she wants them to go. That would be like campaigning for Remain then becoming PM and invoking A50 wouldnt it...

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

'Now not the time' for independence vote on 13:14 - Mar 16 with 1412 viewsWeWereZombies

'Now not the time' for independence vote on 13:08 - Mar 16 by chicoazul

It'a almost like she wants them to go. That would be like campaigning for Remain then becoming PM and invoking A50 wouldnt it...

Tactically she has a point, politically she can now say she wanted to go for a harder Brexit but Sturgeon messed that up.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

'Now not the time' for independence vote on 13:15 - Mar 16 with 1404 viewsgiant_stow

'Now not the time' for independence vote on 13:14 - Mar 16 by WeWereZombies

Tactically she has a point, politically she can now say she wanted to go for a harder Brexit but Sturgeon messed that up.

yes, yes, but circular bludy runaways...? wtf?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

'Now not the time' for independence vote on 13:18 - Mar 16 with 1389 viewsGlasgowBlue

'Now not the time' for independence vote on 13:14 - Mar 16 by WeWereZombies

More guesswork? Or do you have a hiotline to both Number 10 and Bute House?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

'Now not the time' for independence vote on 13:19 - Mar 16 with 1385 viewsWeWereZombies

'Now not the time' for independence vote on 13:15 - Mar 16 by giant_stow

yes, yes, but circular bludy runaways...? wtf?

Well, if they get built they will be to blame the next time we have major flooding...

'Now not the time' for independence vote on 13:22 - Mar 16 with 1375 viewsgiant_stow

'Now not the time' for independence vote on 13:18 - Mar 16 by GlasgowBlue

You could always ask Zombie out on a date, you know....

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

'Now not the time' for independence vote on 13:23 - Mar 16 with 1374 viewsSwansea_Blue

'Now not the time' for independence vote on 13:22 - Mar 16 by giant_stow

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

'Now not the time' for independence vote on 13:24 - Mar 16 with 1371 viewsWeWereZombies

'Now not the time' for independence vote on 13:18 - Mar 16 by GlasgowBlue

You don't think her rhetoric, and the latest from Donald Tusk, has softened then?

Login to get fewer ads

'Now not the time' for independence vote on 13:34 - Mar 16 with 1351 viewsGlasgowBlue

'Now not the time' for independence vote on 13:24 - Mar 16 by WeWereZombies

You don't think her rhetoric, and the latest from Donald Tusk, has softened then?

I don't believe May will deviate from her Brexit plan which includes leaving the single market and the customs union, if that is what you mean by "hard Brexit".

There are too many trade opportunities outwith the EU.

That, of course, is my guess. I don't have a hotline to number 10.

Iron Lion Zion

'Now not the time' for independence vote on 13:41 - Mar 16 with 1331 viewsGlasgowBlue

'Now not the time' for independence vote on 13:22 - Mar 16 by giant_stow

I wouldn't want to make you jealous.

Iron Lion Zion

'Now not the time' for independence vote on 13:46 - Mar 16 with 1313 viewsWeWereZombies

'Now not the time' for independence vote on 13:34 - Mar 16 by GlasgowBlue

I don't believe May will deviate from her Brexit plan which includes leaving the single market and the customs union, if that is what you mean by "hard Brexit".

There are too many trade opportunities outwith the EU.

That, of course, is my guess. I don't have a hotline to number 10.

I am just following the BBC and The Scotsman a bit more intently than usual at the moment, thats all. You seem to be right, in part, as I do I if David Davis in the final paragraph of this is anything to go by:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39282280

Still not sure if Sturgeon's IndyRef2 announcement on Monday was a masterstroke, a mistake or the only thing she could do. Unfortunately I am leaning towards the latter now, it doesn't seem as if the Holyrood legal team have picked a 'keep us in the EU before the rest of the UK leaves' clause out of the hat. Should be an interesting debate there next Wednesday.

'Now not the time' for independence vote on 13:53 - Mar 16 with 1299 viewsSwansea_Blue

'Now not the time' for independence vote on 13:46 - Mar 16 by WeWereZombies

I am just following the BBC and The Scotsman a bit more intently than usual at the moment, thats all. You seem to be right, in part, as I do I if David Davis in the final paragraph of this is anything to go by:

Still not sure if Sturgeon's IndyRef2 announcement on Monday was a masterstroke, a mistake or the only thing she could do. Unfortunately I am leaning towards the latter now, it doesn't seem as if the Holyrood legal team have picked a 'keep us in the EU before the rest of the UK leaves' clause out of the hat. Should be an interesting debate there next Wednesday.

They don't half talk a load of guff.

"taking a step out into the world as a truly Global Britain"

Aye, because it's not as if we don't already operate globally

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

'Now not the time' for independence vote on 14:29 - Mar 16 with 1253 viewsWeWereZombies

'Now not the time' for independence vote on 13:53 - Mar 16 by Swansea_Blue

They don't half talk a load of guff.

"taking a step out into the world as a truly Global Britain"

Aye, because it's not as if we don't already operate globally

But don't you see, it will all be so much better when our financial transactions go through Singapore. We will be able to build a circular runway on the square mile then.

'Now not the time' for independence vote on 14:35 - Mar 16 with 1235 viewsdryas

Also, she implies the Scots should indeed get a vote on the final deal, but the rest of the UK should just accept it.
'Now not the time' for independence vote on 14:41 - Mar 16 with 1213 viewsGlasgowBlue

'Now not the time' for independence vote on 14:35 - Mar 16 by dryas

Also, she implies the Scots should indeed get a vote on the final deal, but the rest of the UK should just accept it.

No she doesn't.

Iron Lion Zion

'Now not the time' for independence vote on 14:44 - Mar 16 with 1202 viewsJ2BLUE

'Now not the time' for independence vote on 13:41 - Mar 16 by GlasgowBlue

I wouldn't want to make you jealous.

You're his brother?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

'Now not the time' for independence vote on 15:43 - Mar 16 with 1168 viewsGlasgowBlue

'Now not the time' for independence vote on 13:46 - Mar 16 by WeWereZombies

The talk is now that May believes Sturgeon doesn't have a mandate to call a referendum and will only grant one if the SNP can get a majority at the next Scottish Parliamentary elections in 2021.

Quite clever if true because it will turn the 2021 elections into a mock referendum. And the SNP are having to fight that election on a poor record in Education, finance and public services.

Iron Lion Zion

'Now not the time' for independence vote on 16:11 - Mar 16 with 1129 viewsWeWereZombies

'Now not the time' for independence vote on 15:43 - Mar 16 by GlasgowBlue

The talk is now that May believes Sturgeon doesn't have a mandate to call a referendum and will only grant one if the SNP can get a majority at the next Scottish Parliamentary elections in 2021.

Quite clever if true because it will turn the 2021 elections into a mock referendum. And the SNP are having to fight that election on a poor record in Education, finance and public services.

I hear a lot about the SNP concentrating on the Central Belt and ignoring us up here but that doesn't seem to stop that yellow and black ribbon sticker being the emblem of choice on many cars. The first step is the Holyrood debate (unless May actions Article 50 before then but in a volatile World caution would suggest waiting until close to the end of the month - but not so close as to appear to be reckless brinkmanship). If the SNP and the Scottish Greens (for whom support for independence is not a requirement upon members) do not win the day then IndyRef2 is dead in the water - but they probably will. Will any LDs and Labour MSPs vote with the government in an attempt to maintain pressure on May? And if any event if May refuses a second referendum will she accelerate the passing of powers (or even agree to new powers being passed) to Holyrood to avoid a backlash in Scotland? It's going to be an eventful fortnight.

On the education, finance and public services question I think it should be borne in mind that many SNP MSPs, indeed Westmiinster SNP MPs, are fairly new to the job. They might have got their head around things and have got them working better by 2021 (or figured out how to keep poor performance quiet) and if the UK economy tanks (for Brexit reasons or otherwise) then it would be a case of missing a reasonable chance of a Naw for the certainty of an Aye.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024