Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad 20:55 - May 11 with 12096 viewstextbackup

Add to that the 1000 from previous season...

I'd suggest we are now at hardcore level (many will have their own opinions on these 10,000 I know. Words such as deluded blind loyal mad crazy could be used) and to be honest I've no idea what I am in all that

But another season of sht investment, keifer Moore signings and terrible football and I'm sure even herby and something will agree, that level will drop further!

If ME wouldn't listen to the board with ST price ideas will he listen to them for match day tik and bundles to be offered? I think not.

Future is very very worrying

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 15:13 - May 12 with 1496 viewsLightningboy

Anyone have/remember the season ticket stats from the season before Marcus Evans took over?
2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 15:16 - May 12 with 1492 viewsITFC_Forever

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 15:12 - May 12 by PhilTWTD

Regardless of MM's philosophies I think they'll be working to increase walk-ups. They've scrapped the £2.50 on-the-day surcharge and it wouldn't surprise me if they announced a reduction in prices, think they were planning that prior to the drop in season ticket numbers. And, as per Ian Milne's comments when we put the drop below 10,000 to him at the final home game of the season, they're planning more flexible stuff along the lines of the ticket bundles: http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/30036/town-launch-new-ticket-bundles

Trouble is they've made a rod for their own back by putting up ST prices.... the more they reduce match ticket prices, the less value a ST is.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 15:21 - May 12 with 1490 viewsPhilTWTD

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 15:16 - May 12 by ITFC_Forever

Trouble is they've made a rod for their own back by putting up ST prices.... the more they reduce match ticket prices, the less value a ST is.

That is true but I think the difference between the two has been far too big since the spell in the Premier League. Matchday prices have been so high they've not got people in on a semi-regular basis in the first place for them to then become the next generation of season ticket holders.
2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 15:31 - May 12 with 1481 viewsPhilTWTD

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 15:13 - May 12 by Lightningboy

Anyone have/remember the season ticket stats from the season before Marcus Evans took over?

13,000 in the summer of 2007, around 2,000 down on the previous season: http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/11096/ticket-sales-reach-13000
2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 15:33 - May 12 with 1472 viewsPhilTWTD

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 15:04 - May 12 by itfcjoe

We've been left behind on wages it seems, we can't attract good Championship players here on frees any more.

We went from signing Berra, Skuse, Murphy, McGoldrick, Gerken, Anderson and Tabb - all players with plenty of experience at this level to Coke, Douglas, Toure, Varney, Digby and Best over the last 2 seasons.

The only freebie over last 2 years we've signed in the summer who may have been highly sought after is Tommy Oar, who didn't work out unfortunately

The market has changed a lot in a couple of years. I seem to remember Guthrum posting a list of done deals a few summers ago and only a handful in this division were for cash, most were frees. Indeed, I can remember saying the division had got much like non-league from that respect. It's completely different now.
2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 15:57 - May 12 with 1435 viewsitfcjoe

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 15:33 - May 12 by PhilTWTD

The market has changed a lot in a couple of years. I seem to remember Guthrum posting a list of done deals a few summers ago and only a handful in this division were for cash, most were frees. Indeed, I can remember saying the division had got much like non-league from that respect. It's completely different now.

We got ahead of the game with FFP, but haven't reacted to it being as toothless and generous as it has become

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 16:09 - May 12 with 1415 viewsPhilTWTD

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 15:57 - May 12 by itfcjoe

We got ahead of the game with FFP, but haven't reacted to it being as toothless and generous as it has become

The FFP limits becoming more generous - making FFP essentially pointless - was a result of the greater sums of money coming into the top end of the division while we've remained all but static in terms of budget.
2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 16:11 - May 12 with 1416 viewsSuperfrans

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 15:21 - May 12 by PhilTWTD

That is true but I think the difference between the two has been far too big since the spell in the Premier League. Matchday prices have been so high they've not got people in on a semi-regular basis in the first place for them to then become the next generation of season ticket holders.

The differential between season ticket and matchday ticket has been up to a 100% increase for some games hasn't it (?), which is bonkers. Presumably, the intention has been to make it so compelling to commit for a season ticket, the majority of fans come to matches through that.

If season ticket sales are falling this far, it makes sense to bring matchday prices down, or produce more flexible options other than STs.

The Newcastle match was attended by around 25,000 fans, wasn't it? That's could be as many as 9,000 £10 tickets (as they were sold to season ticket holders), the same income as would be generated by 3,000 £30 tickets, but with beer and food sales to three times as many people. Promotions like that have to be the way to go.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Login to get fewer ads

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 16:17 - May 12 with 1406 viewsFreddy

But its more than 2000 , thought 12000 were reportedly sold at the end of the early bird offer last season which had increased to 12500 by August, figure this year is rumoured to be about 9700 so that's nearly 3000 down ?????
2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 16:46 - May 12 with 1387 viewsPhilTWTD

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 16:17 - May 12 by Freddy

But its more than 2000 , thought 12000 were reportedly sold at the end of the early bird offer last season which had increased to 12500 by August, figure this year is rumoured to be about 9700 so that's nearly 3000 down ?????

12,200 was last year's total, not many sold post-early bird. Think this year's total might be a little above that but not a lot. So, 2,300-ish is probably close to the mark.
2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 22:59 - May 12 with 1294 viewsFreddy

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 16:46 - May 12 by PhilTWTD

12,200 was last year's total, not many sold post-early bird. Think this year's total might be a little above that but not a lot. So, 2,300-ish is probably close to the mark.

I thought it was 13561 the season before last, then last April was reported as being 7% down which makes 12600 or was that not accurate ?

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town-season-ticket-sales-down-nearly-7-on-th
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024