Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS 14:59 - Jun 15 with 25337 viewsMaySixth

can Corbyn shut up and put politics aside for one minute and wait until the emergency services have done their job in Grenfell Tower and cleared the dead?

People died in their beds and still lay there....put politics aside for a minute and show some respect

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 18:42 - Jun 15 with 3497 viewsvapour_trail

Great thread chaps.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 18:43 - Jun 15 with 3495 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 16:48 - Jun 15 by GlasgowBlue

You need to learn how to read fanboy.

I said that I would wait until the inquiry has released it's findings before laying the blame in hers or anyone else direction.

I couldn't be any clearer.

So you just put out that little bit of half information for what ? Accept your hypocrisy and move on !
[Post edited 15 Jun 2017 18:47]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 18:52 - Jun 15 with 3474 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Take a read through the "bonfire of the Quangos " list and see if you can spot the ones that may have had something to say about the causes of this tragedy.....political, he'll yes !
https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2010/oct/14/quango-cuts-list

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 19:20 - Jun 15 with 3444 viewsgordon

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 18:42 - Jun 15 by vapour_trail

Great thread chaps.

It's threads like these that make me proud to be part of the community.
I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 19:27 - Jun 15 with 3435 viewslowhouseblue

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 18:35 - Jun 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

Has austerity made events like this more or less likely to occur in the first place and secondly to be adequately responded to ?

seeing it as a consequence of austerity sits uneasily with the fact that £9 million was spent refurbishing the building last year. clearly horrific errors have been made and the money may not have been spent in the right way, but lack of money doesn't seem the obvious problem.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 19:35 - Jun 15 with 3424 viewsBenters

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 19:27 - Jun 15 by lowhouseblue

seeing it as a consequence of austerity sits uneasily with the fact that £9 million was spent refurbishing the building last year. clearly horrific errors have been made and the money may not have been spent in the right way, but lack of money doesn't seem the obvious problem.

I am still amazed that a fridge on fire can cause so much damage so quickly .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 19:38 - Jun 15 with 3416 viewsconnorscontract

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 17:02 - Jun 15 by GlasgowBlue

Unfortunately Yaffle has recently taken to following my posts around like a love sick teenager.

It's somewhat flattering but not particularly welcomed.

If you knew that she wasn't on the board during the relevant period then you have just struck a new low in smear by association.

If you didn't then your point about not commenting until we know the facts is well made, by how badly you missed the mark by linking her to it.

Which is it?

It's odd that you consider somebody engaging with your posts by disagreeing with them as any kind of fan. Are you a Sado-Masochist? You can take the Tory out of Glasgow, but you can't take him out of a gimp mask.
I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 19:39 - Jun 15 with 3405 viewsjaykay

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 19:35 - Jun 15 by Benters

I am still amazed that a fridge on fire can cause so much damage so quickly .

why are you amazed havent you seen the damage the faulty tumble dryers have done.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Login to get fewer ads

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 19:49 - Jun 15 with 3386 viewsRyorry

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 16:22 - Jun 15 by GlasgowBlue

I'd also add that the recent attacks and the fire have shown that morale is as important as resources. You work in the public sector and have seen your wages frozen for seven years.

It's clear to me that we can no longer run the country on the cheap. At the same time Jeza's polices are completely too far the other way inasmuch as they are unrealistic to cost. They penalise the very people we need to create wealth and will have the opposite effect.

It's time somebody came forward to offer a third way. A government that respects public services and their employees but at the same time encourages wealth creation and growth.

If they can do that, and not invade Iraq, then they'll get my vote.

You should have joined the new party I proposed to create a few weeks ago! It fizzled out for lack of interest.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 19:57 - Jun 15 with 3364 viewsconnorscontract

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 19:27 - Jun 15 by lowhouseblue

£9 million "re-furbishing" by tarting a building up with fancy panels which turn out to be highly dangerous, whilst refusing to install sprinkler systems in flats with a "stay in your flat policy", or alternatively installing fire alarms and adequate fire escape routes, because they "cost too much" raises real questions about who was intended to benefit from the refurbishment, and how much consultation there was with tenants, and whether they were listened to.

"Austerity" hasn't meant "No Money": it's meant money oozing from Public Sector budgets, private companies profiting from marketisation of the Public Sector, disengaging from and ignoring stakeholders, and a punitive approach towards any recipient.

Because Cameron and May and their buddies know best, so be grateful of the trickle down from their mates' trough*.

* yes, it's a pig-shagging pun. Sorry.
I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 20:05 - Jun 15 with 3345 viewsRyorry

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 17:10 - Jun 15 by GlasgowBlue

Of course they can. They are very emotional and are directly affected. People are now giving Sadiq Khan stick at the scene. He, I would imagine, is entirely blameless.

Corbyn's comment, "If you deny local authorities the funding they need then there is a price that’s paid by the lack of safety facilities all over the country", was overtly political and said with no knowledge of what caused the fire to either start or spread.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2017 17:12]

Not sure at exactly what point JC made that statement, but what you quote seems a general, not specific point, and I personally don't have a problem with anyone trying generally to prevent tragic deaths in future, even if it does mean mentioning public money in relation to safety.

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 20:08 - Jun 15 with 3337 viewslowhouseblue

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 19:57 - Jun 15 by connorscontract

£9 million "re-furbishing" by tarting a building up with fancy panels which turn out to be highly dangerous, whilst refusing to install sprinkler systems in flats with a "stay in your flat policy", or alternatively installing fire alarms and adequate fire escape routes, because they "cost too much" raises real questions about who was intended to benefit from the refurbishment, and how much consultation there was with tenants, and whether they were listened to.

"Austerity" hasn't meant "No Money": it's meant money oozing from Public Sector budgets, private companies profiting from marketisation of the Public Sector, disengaging from and ignoring stakeholders, and a punitive approach towards any recipient.

Because Cameron and May and their buddies know best, so be grateful of the trickle down from their mates' trough*.

* yes, it's a pig-shagging pun. Sorry.

you seem far more interested in winning a political point than considering why the tragedy happened. you seem to have already decided it all.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 20:19 - Jun 15 with 3321 viewsRyorry

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 20:05 - Jun 15 by Ryorry

Not sure at exactly what point JC made that statement, but what you quote seems a general, not specific point, and I personally don't have a problem with anyone trying generally to prevent tragic deaths in future, even if it does mean mentioning public money in relation to safety.

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 20:25 - Jun 15 with 3305 viewsDolly2.0

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 19:38 - Jun 15 by connorscontract

If you knew that she wasn't on the board during the relevant period then you have just struck a new low in smear by association.

If you didn't then your point about not commenting until we know the facts is well made, by how badly you missed the mark by linking her to it.

Which is it?

It's odd that you consider somebody engaging with your posts by disagreeing with them as any kind of fan. Are you a Sado-Masochist? You can take the Tory out of Glasgow, but you can't take him out of a gimp mask.

"You can take the Tory out of Glasgow, but you can't take him out of a gimp mask."

This has to be a contender for TWTD quote of the year.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 20:30 - Jun 15 with 3290 viewsDolly2.0

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 18:43 - Jun 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

So you just put out that little bit of half information for what ? Accept your hypocrisy and move on !
[Post edited 15 Jun 2017 18:47]

I love how Glassers is getting on his high horse about Corbyn making this political. The irony is that when he saw the quote he couldn't wait to get on here and use it as a stick to beat Corbyn with. I somehow doubt he'd have been so quick to condemn anyone else. I notice Lowhouse on the same bandwagon.

They're all making it political, the fecking hypocrites.

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 20:35 - Jun 15 with 3275 viewsGlasgowBlue

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 19:38 - Jun 15 by connorscontract

Which is it?

Well done for completely missing the point.

Still you seem to have given Dolly a hard on with your gimp mask comment so your post wasn't a complete waste of time.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 20:35 - Jun 15 with 3281 viewslowhouseblue

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 20:30 - Jun 15 by Dolly2.0

I love how Glassers is getting on his high horse about Corbyn making this political. The irony is that when he saw the quote he couldn't wait to get on here and use it as a stick to beat Corbyn with. I somehow doubt he'd have been so quick to condemn anyone else. I notice Lowhouse on the same bandwagon.

They're all making it political, the fecking hypocrites.

my bandwagon is that we don't actually know why this tragedy happened yet. we need a proper investigation. why are you upset about me posting that? you seem a little over - excited.

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 20:39 - Jun 15 with 3266 viewsGlasgowBlue

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 20:35 - Jun 15 by lowhouseblue

my bandwagon is that we don't actually know why this tragedy happened yet. we need a proper investigation. why are you upset about me posting that? you seem a little over - excited.

He's a very excitable chap these days.

Iron Lion Zion

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 20:43 - Jun 15 with 3255 viewsDolly2.0

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 20:35 - Jun 15 by GlasgowBlue

Well done for completely missing the point.

Still you seem to have given Dolly a hard on with your gimp mask comment so your post wasn't a complete waste of time.

Not a hard on, I just found it amusing.

You seem to have gone from rude and obnoxious to sexualising things a lot today. Fanboy, lovesick teenager, hard on... All very strange.

[Post edited 15 Jun 2017 20:52]

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 20:49 - Jun 15 with 3244 viewsDolly2.0

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 20:35 - Jun 15 by lowhouseblue

Not excited. Just amused to see you using another excuse to Corbyn-bash.

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 20:50 - Jun 15 with 3238 viewsDolly2.0

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 20:39 - Jun 15 by GlasgowBlue

He's a very excitable chap these days.

WTF is that even supposed to mean?

You're a freaking pervert.

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 20:51 - Jun 15 with 3235 viewslowhouseblue

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 20:49 - Jun 15 by Dolly2.0

i don't think i've 'bashed' corbyn on this topic. i don't think anyone knows yet why this disaster occurred and i don't think anyone should be trying to spin it for their own purposes. how is that anti-corbyn?

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 20:52 - Jun 15 with 3230 viewsGlasgowBlue

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 20:49 - Jun 15 by Dolly2.0

Give it a rest. If Corbyn farted you'd compliment him on the fragrance, bottle it and sniff it all day in you bedroom.

The bloke was out of order.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2017 20:56]

Iron Lion Zion

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 20:53 - Jun 15 with 3225 viewsGlasgowBlue

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 20:50 - Jun 15 by Dolly2.0

WTF is that even supposed to mean?

You're a freaking pervert.

You're like a little annoying Jack Russell. Scurrying around getting very excited when somebody shows them some attention.

You're supposed be be a grown man ffs. Act like it.

Iron Lion Zion

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 20:55 - Jun 15 with 3217 viewsDolly2.0

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 20:52 - Jun 15 by GlasgowBlue

Give it a rest. If Corbyn farted you'd compliment him on the fragrance, bottle it and sniff it all day in you bedroom.

The bloke was out of order.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2017 20:56]

What is wrong with you? Are you not getting enough? It's all weird sexual deviance from you at the moment.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024