Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. 08:37 - Jun 23 with 7241 viewsITFC_Forever

My dear old thing....

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 08:39 - Jun 23 with 7227 viewstaximan

good morning aggers, here is the first bus of the morning session
Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 08:39 - Jun 23 with 7237 viewshampstead_blue

He has been faltering badly over the past couple of years.

We play cricket against Chelsea Arts Club were he is Chairman. When he is at the game he is a real hoot.

National Treasure.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 08:45 - Jun 23 with 7200 viewspabloisgod

Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 08:39 - Jun 23 by hampstead_blue

He has been faltering badly over the past couple of years.

We play cricket against Chelsea Arts Club were he is Chairman. When he is at the game he is a real hoot.

National Treasure.

He is at the Copdock and OI v Lashings lunch on July 5th and is doing the commentating throughout the day.
Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 08:46 - Jun 23 with 7194 viewsReuser_is_God

About time.

He's awful.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 08:52 - Jun 23 with 7171 viewstaximan

Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 08:46 - Jun 23 by Reuser_is_God

About time.

He's awful.

2/10

you may not even get one bite
Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 08:54 - Jun 23 with 7186 viewsSteve_M

Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 08:46 - Jun 23 by Reuser_is_God

About time.

He's awful.

He doesn't seem to have a clue which match he is at these days, just aimless drivel. And he's a Norwich fan.

It's a British media thing to keep people on air for too long because of what they once were not what they are doing now; see also Motson who now needs replays to be able to tell the viewer what they've just seen.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 08:56 - Jun 23 with 7164 viewsReuser_is_God

Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 08:52 - Jun 23 by taximan

2/10

you may not even get one bite

I'm not fishing, he's genuinely awful.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 08:58 - Jun 23 with 7158 viewsGuthrum

A shame in that he is one of the great characters and his personal knowlege of the game goes right back to just after the War.

But, as others have said, his radio commentary has got more than a little ragged of late.

Great memories, but probably the right time.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 08:58 - Jun 23 with 7150 viewsJakeITFC

About time tbh.

Hopefully Charles Dagnall next, his voice really grates me.
Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 09:03 - Jun 23 with 7135 viewsITFC_Forever

Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 08:54 - Jun 23 by Steve_M

He doesn't seem to have a clue which match he is at these days, just aimless drivel. And he's a Norwich fan.

It's a British media thing to keep people on air for too long because of what they once were not what they are doing now; see also Motson who now needs replays to be able to tell the viewer what they've just seen.

I read his autobiography recently..... he presents his life in much the same way as he does himself, in that everything that's happened to him was to the utter bemusement to him as to how he was so fortunate to be in that position.

His nephew founded Bewiderwood on the land that belonged to the Blofeld family in Norfolk, and also the villain in James Bond was called Blofeld after Blowers' father - Ian Fleming was a member of the same private members club in London as Blowers Senior and was leafing through the membership list to try and happen upon a suitable name for a villainous character and got as far as the Bs.

Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 09:10 - Jun 23 with 7114 viewsGuthrum

Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 08:39 - Jun 23 by taximan

good morning aggers, here is the first bus of the morning session

I say, there's a pigeon! I wonder what he's doing?
[Post edited 23 Jun 2017 9:10]

Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 09:14 - Jun 23 with 7111 viewsITFC1983

Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 09:10 - Jun 23 by Guthrum

I say, there's a pigeon! I wonder what he's doing?
[Post edited 23 Jun 2017 9:10]

Poll: £16m Mario Balotelli or £11m Ross McCormack or £FREE* David McGoldrick

Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 09:33 - Jun 23 with 7065 viewstaximan

Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 09:14 - Jun 23 by ITFC1983

genius
Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 10:09 - Jun 23 with 7034 viewsParisBlue

Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 08:58 - Jun 23 by JakeITFC

About time tbh.

Hopefully Charles Dagnall next, his voice really grates me.

Annoying voice but on the whole I do like the way they mix up the team. I listened to the surrey vs Worcestershire one day semi final the other week and both James Taylor and Ebony Rainford-Brent were excellent.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 10:44 - Jun 23 with 6989 viewsBlueBadger

Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 08:56 - Jun 23 by Reuser_is_God

I'm not fishing, he's genuinely awful.

He was a national treasure 10 years ago, he's struggling badly to keep up nowadays, much like Murray Walker towards the end of his career or, as Steve mentioned below, John Motson.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him on some highlights-type programme or on the lunch break interviews on TMS but he's not really been able to keep up with matches for a long while now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 10:51 - Jun 23 with 6976 viewsBlueBadger

With any luck, that tedious old boor Boycott will retire next.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 10:53 - Jun 23 with 6976 viewsITFC_Forever

Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 10:51 - Jun 23 by BlueBadger

With any luck, that tedious old boor Boycott will retire next.

He's nearly always right though - very hard to disagree with him on the vast majority of his points.

Vaughan is the best summariser on there, although Tufnell is surprisingly intelligent as well.

Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 10:54 - Jun 23 with 6970 viewsBlueBadger

Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 10:53 - Jun 23 by ITFC_Forever

He's nearly always right though - very hard to disagree with him on the vast majority of his points.

Vaughan is the best summariser on there, although Tufnell is surprisingly intelligent as well.

A lot of the recent crop have been excellent, providing just the right mix of expert insight and patter. Graeme Swann is always good value.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2017 10:54]

Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 11:02 - Jun 23 with 6956 viewsJakeITFC

Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 10:09 - Jun 23 by ParisBlue

Annoying voice but on the whole I do like the way they mix up the team. I listened to the surrey vs Worcestershire one day semi final the other week and both James Taylor and Ebony Rainford-Brent were excellent.

Yeah, I really like Ebony and James Taylor is much better after a shaky start.

If I had it my way it would just be Ed Smith all day with rotating colour comms.
Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 11:08 - Jun 23 with 6943 viewsITFC_Forever

Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 10:54 - Jun 23 by BlueBadger

A lot of the recent crop have been excellent, providing just the right mix of expert insight and patter. Graeme Swann is always good value.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2017 10:54]

Swanny's pretty good as well actually, you're right.

The best combination for me is Aggers with either Vaughan or Tufnell.

Aggers with Boycott is pretty good as well, as Aggers does a fine line in subtly winding him up until Boycott twigs he's being trolled.

Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 11:32 - Jun 23 with 6892 viewsRyorry

Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 10:53 - Jun 23 by ITFC_Forever

Love Tuffers, Vic Marks too + Aggers & Vaughan

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? ðŸ¤â€

Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 11:37 - Jun 23 with 6882 viewsSWGF

Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 11:32 - Jun 23 by Ryorry

Love Tuffers, Vic Marks too + Aggers & Vaughan

Vic Marks is good.

Best summariser is Jeremy Coney. No question.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 11:37 - Jun 23 with 6881 viewsBluebell

My favourite has to be Bumble (David Lloyd).

He really makes me laugh with some of the things he comes out with.
Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 11:52 - Jun 23 with 6862 viewsGuthrum

Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 11:37 - Jun 23 by SWGF

Vic Marks is good.

A thing I've always liked about TMS is the way they integrate commentators and summarisers from England's opponents in their coverage as well.

Also been impressed with the crop of female presenters who are now becoming established on TMS (e.g. Ebony Rainford-Brent).

Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 16:12 - Jun 23 with 6747 viewsRadlett_blue

Blowers retiring from TMS at the end of the summer. on 11:37 - Jun 23 by SWGF

Vic Marks is good.

The Praying Mantis was speaker at my cricket club dinner a few years ago. He was entertaining in a rather bonkers sort of way.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024