Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago 11:23 - Jun 26 with 21218 viewsSteve_M

Is now complete it seems.

How much extra are the Tories bunging Northern Ireland as a result? I guess they must have found a magic money tree after all.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 10:17 - Jun 27 with 1570 viewsGlasgowBlue

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 10:13 - Jun 27 by Radlett_blue

I agree that the deal with the DUP is unattractive & could prove a stumbling block over the Stormont assembly, but what is the alternative in terms of forming a UK government?

Jeremy Corbyn doing a deal with the DUP. And the SNP. And Plaid. And the Lib Dems. And the Greens. And the SDLP. And Sinn Fein.

I wonder how much that would have cost ?
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 10:25]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 10:29 - Jun 27 with 1555 viewschicoazul

Find it interesting that many people here who go on about coalitions, working together, PR etc are now knocking a post-election deal between two political parties

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 10:31 - Jun 27 with 1551 viewschicoazul

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 08:43 - Jun 27 by blue_oyster

How will we be able to control the border, when we have a soft border there with the EU?

Simple; Irish unification.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 10:32 - Jun 27 with 1541 viewsGlasgowBlue

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 10:29 - Jun 27 by chicoazul

Find it interesting that many people here who go on about coalitions, working together, PR etc are now knocking a post-election deal between two political parties

And a party whose stance on abortion is identical to Labour's sister party in NI, the SDLP.

What a bunch of hypocrites.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 10:34 - Jun 27 with 1538 viewschicoazul

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 10:32 - Jun 27 by GlasgowBlue

And a party whose stance on abortion is identical to Labour's sister party in NI, the SDLP.

What a bunch of hypocrites.

Isnt this what most of these social democrats want? Political parties working together for the best of the country? Oh no hang on, only political parties *they* approve of.
I do wonder what this deal may mean for the Irish Unification Referendum though, thats one of the few interesting things about all this.

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 10:45 - Jun 27 with 1522 viewsGeoffSentence

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 08:45 - Jun 27 by DanTheMan

Perhaps we could make it solar?

In Ireland? It will never work. A rain powered one , now that has a chance.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 10:47 - Jun 27 with 1512 viewsSwansea_Blue

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 10:12 - Jun 27 by GlasgowBlue

You seem to be under the impression that I in any way support the deal or am trying to justify it.

I'm not. I'm putting into context what £1.5billion is in the context of our annual spending.

Saying that money could have been used to give the NHS a pay rise is akin to the Brexit Bus.

And why stop at NHS workers. What about the police? Fire fighters? Teachers? Could you fund a public sector pay increase if 2% across the board every year forever with a lump sum of £1.5 billion.

Your bus is looking even more dishonest than the Brexit bus.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 10:15]

No, I know you don't like the deal. My point is that the Tories have been pleading poverty and preaching austerity, yet as you correctly pointed out it takes a very small part of total spend to make a difference.

Of course it's a relatively small amount - that's not the issue. The issue is how they're going about it.

It's not at all like the Brexit bus, because it's not based on a lie (there obviously is a little bit of money available when it suits the Tory purpose). Would this extra stretch to the whole of the public sector - course it wouldn't. Nobody ever said it would.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 11:18 - Jun 27 with 1469 viewsGeoffSentence

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 09:32 - Jun 27 by Swansea_Blue

It's not what they've done that bugs me especially (buying votes is nothing new), but the fact they can brazenly deny that's the case and try to justify it as some sort of planned investment in the region.

A bit like May saying nothing had changed on the manifesto U turn on the 'dementia tax'.

Or like the blatant denial they'd broken a manifesto promise on the NI contributions for self-employed.

And all the other examples of barefaced, shameless lying.

no snap election

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 12:22 - Jun 27 with 1433 viewsblue_oyster

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 10:31 - Jun 27 by chicoazul

Simple; Irish unification.

Indeed, although it won't happen before the Leave the EU Show.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024