Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rotherham 07:51 - Jun 28 with 3611 viewsJohnny_Boy

With Josh & Moore seemingly on their way there on loan, would we be interested in Kirk Broadfoot, Aimen Belaid, Dominic Ball or Dexter Blackstock?

All players the Millers boss said could leave the club.

EDIT: Wow, just seen that Joe Mattock is 27. That's made me feel quite old.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2017 8:46]
Rotherham on 07:53 - Jun 28 with 3595 viewsKieran_Knows

I hope not. They would be a massive backwards step. Can only really think of Joe Newell who we may remotely be interested in.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Rotherham on 08:20 - Jun 28 with 3468 viewsJakeITFC

Dom Ball looked like a talent at Rangers as a ball carrying centre back or defensive midfielder in the Scottish Championship, he could possibly come in as a Digby type, but he's hardly set the world alight since.
Rotherham on 08:22 - Jun 28 with 3447 viewsJohnny_Boy

Rotherham on 07:53 - Jun 28 by Kieran_Knows

I hope not. They would be a massive backwards step. Can only really think of Joe Newell who we may remotely be interested in.

Yet Garner is seem as a positive signing.
Rotherham on 08:26 - Jun 28 with 3414 viewsKieran_Knows

Rotherham on 08:22 - Jun 28 by Johnny_Boy

Yet Garner is seem as a positive signing.

He's a lot better than Dexter Blackstock.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Rotherham on 08:37 - Jun 28 with 3344 viewsJohnny_Boy

Rotherham on 08:26 - Jun 28 by Kieran_Knows

He's a lot better than Dexter Blackstock.

That conclusion is based on what exactly? Can't be down to Garner's previous Championship experience. It's a punt. Surely. By no mean's am I suggesting Blackstock is the missing piece of the puzzle, but he knows where the back of the net is - a luxury we've not had for a while.

Dominic Ball has at least got age on his side, as he's only 21.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2017 8:49]
Rotherham on 08:37 - Jun 28 with 3338 viewshomer_123

Rotherham on 08:20 - Jun 28 by JakeITFC

Dom Ball looked like a talent at Rangers as a ball carrying centre back or defensive midfielder in the Scottish Championship, he could possibly come in as a Digby type, but he's hardly set the world alight since.

I've heard decent things of Ball as well. However, odd that he's been told he can leave? I've not looked but is he not getting game time?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Rotherham on 08:39 - Jun 28 with 3326 viewsJohnny_Boy

Rotherham on 08:20 - Jun 28 by JakeITFC

But, he's only 21. (Which surprises me as I've seemingly heard his name mentioned for a while)
Rotherham on 08:58 - Jun 28 with 3259 viewsJakeITFC

Rotherham on 08:37 - Jun 28 by homer_123

I've heard decent things of Ball as well. However, odd that he's been told he can leave? I've not looked but is he not getting game time?

Alan Stubbs signed him, played fairly regularly before he was sacked, new manager loaned him to Peterborough and Grant McCann tried to play him at full back and Ball told him where to go. He was sent back to Rotherham but wasn't allowed to play because he was technically on loan until the end of the season.

The talent is there, we've definitely taken worse projects on under McCarthy.
Login to get fewer ads

Rotherham on 13:12 - Jun 28 with 3037 viewsSarge

Rotherham on 08:37 - Jun 28 by Johnny_Boy

That conclusion is based on what exactly? Can't be down to Garner's previous Championship experience. It's a punt. Surely. By no mean's am I suggesting Blackstock is the missing piece of the puzzle, but he knows where the back of the net is - a luxury we've not had for a while.

Dominic Ball has at least got age on his side, as he's only 21.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2017 8:49]

10 goals in the last 3 years suggests otherwise
Rotherham on 14:36 - Jun 28 with 2877 viewsJohnny_Boy

Rotherham on 13:12 - Jun 28 by Sarge

10 goals in the last 3 years suggests otherwise

More importantly, they were at least achieved in this very division. His league appearance stats each season skewer the '3yrs' you speak of. He only played 1 game in one of those particular seasons!!

Again, I'm not actually saying Blackstock is the answer to our striking needs, but wasn't Garner's PNE scoring exploits achieved in L1?
[Post edited 28 Jun 2017 14:44]
Rotherham on 14:46 - Jun 28 with 2840 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Rotherham on 14:36 - Jun 28 by Johnny_Boy

More importantly, they were at least achieved in this very division. His league appearance stats each season skewer the '3yrs' you speak of. He only played 1 game in one of those particular seasons!!

Again, I'm not actually saying Blackstock is the answer to our striking needs, but wasn't Garner's PNE scoring exploits achieved in L1?

Garner has scored 67 goals in 4 seasons

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Rotherham on 14:52 - Jun 28 with 2818 viewsJohnny_Boy

Rotherham on 14:46 - Jun 28 by The_Romford_Blue

Garner has scored 67 goals in 4 seasons

Yes, the vast majority were in L1,

6 were scored in The Championship & the rest in the SPL.
Rotherham on 14:55 - Jun 28 with 2804 viewsSarge

Rotherham on 14:36 - Jun 28 by Johnny_Boy

He got 7 in the SPL last year which I would say is about Championship standard. Was prolific in L1 so he at least knows where the net is.

Rotherham last year were possibly the worst team the championship has seen for a fair while and I don't think any of their players really stood out as being any better than the team as a whole.
Rotherham on 14:55 - Jun 28 with 2795 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Rotherham on 14:52 - Jun 28 by Johnny_Boy

Yes, the vast majority were in L1,

6 were scored in The Championship & the rest in the SPL.

Which is still better than blackstock

Which is the point I'm making

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024