Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we going to get anyone else in before 5th August? 06:51 - Jul 20 with 10442 viewschristiand

Just not convinced. Looking at our squad, we desperately need another striker in. Quite happy with Garner, Sears and McGoldrick, but we all know McGoldrick's struggles to complete a full season, which then puts the pressure on the other two and makes us threadbare up front.

I would like ME to put his money where his mouth is and actually pay for a 'quality' striker which might mean £2m+. This probably would have a positive impact on season ticket sales too and add further excitement for us long suffering fans. Both MM and ME have done well this summer with transfers, but the icing on the cake would be that goalscorer that is going to make a real difference to our league campaign.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Are we going to get anyone else in before 5th August? on 10:28 - Jul 20 with 906 viewschicoazul

Are we going to get anyone else in before 5th August? on 09:16 - Jul 20 by ITFC_Forever

I think years of being a Town fan has raised the cynical pessimist in me.

I'm not saying it won't happen, but I'll genuinely be very surprised if we sign a striker of any significance.

It's the pessimism that has been bred in all of us of a certain age by the Evans era. Perfectly understandable.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Are we going to get anyone else in before 5th August? on 10:58 - Jul 20 with 874 viewschristiand

Are we going to get anyone else in before 5th August? on 09:39 - Jul 20 by Kieran_Knows

I see where you're coming from, but I just think if Bodvarsson had signed, he wouldn't have been 4th choice, certainly not as our highest earner anyway.

Agree about Sears. If Rowe and Celina continue to shine in pre-season, Sears may find himself on the bench at the start of the season.

This will be MM of old, shoehorn in a player (by playing them out of position) so best to accommodate them - doesn't help the team to function properly or the individual. Both Rowe and Celina are showing they have the ability to play wide and are both wingers......round pegs, round holes for this season. Learn from mistakes of the past.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Are we going to get anyone else in before 5th August? on 11:40 - Jul 20 with 837 viewsKeaneish

Are we going to get anyone else in before 5th August? on 09:39 - Jul 20 by Kieran_Knows

I see where you're coming from, but I just think if Bodvarsson had signed, he wouldn't have been 4th choice, certainly not as our highest earner anyway.

Agree about Sears. If Rowe and Celina continue to shine in pre-season, Sears may find himself on the bench at the start of the season.

If that is the case for Sears, which may well happen if he doesn't start ahead of McGoldrick, i'd actually be happier with that than him starting on the wing. Coming off the bench as a direct replacement upfront would be far more beneficial to him and the side as the season wears on - especially when McG gets his inevitable injury.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Are we going to get anyone else in before 5th August? on 11:58 - Jul 20 with 821 viewsmonty_radio

Are we going to get anyone else in before 5th August? on 09:31 - Jul 20 by ShropshireBluenago09

MM has already said we are looking for 2-3 more players, one has got to be a quality striker. I think we should be looking abroad really. Most top English strikers command a massive fee and most are under contract, either that or frees or loans.
The only realistic free transfer available at present would be Marvin Emnes and i think he would fit in well.

"Most top English strikers command a massive fee and most are under contract, either that or frees or loans.".

Yet "abroad" is a big place.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024