Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Budget deficit.... 16:11 - Jul 21 with 3127 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

.....corporation tax revenue down 3.2 %, but I thought the take always went up when you reduce the rate !
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/jul/21/uk-budget-deficit-inflation-gov

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Budget deficit.... on 16:20 - Jul 21 with 3094 viewsbaxterbasics

The extra revenue generated as a result will come from elsewhere.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Budget deficit.... on 16:23 - Jul 21 with 3089 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Budget deficit.... on 16:20 - Jul 21 by baxterbasics

The extra revenue generated as a result will come from elsewhere.

The magic money tree ?

Budget deficit.... on 16:26 - Jul 21 with 3079 viewsStokieBlue

Budget deficit.... on 16:23 - Jul 21 by BanksterDebtSlave

The magic money tree ?

Do you honestly believe the Labour "costings" document when you say magic money tree?

You've also cherry picked a reason for the increase and singled out corporation tax when your own article highlights other reasons including structural changes to EU charges and the statement from PWC that the reductions will resume if the current plans are continued.

Apart from that, all good!

SB
[Post edited 21 Jul 2017 16:29]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Budget deficit.... on 16:46 - Jul 21 with 3040 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Budget deficit.... on 16:26 - Jul 21 by StokieBlue

Do you honestly believe the Labour "costings" document when you say magic money tree?

You've also cherry picked a reason for the increase and singled out corporation tax when your own article highlights other reasons including structural changes to EU charges and the statement from PWC that the reductions will resume if the current plans are continued.

Apart from that, all good!

SB
[Post edited 21 Jul 2017 16:29]

Because as you know one of those mantras that we were encouraged to swallow, especially during the election, was/ is that reducing corporation tax somehow magically equates to a higher take.....but apparently not it seems !
The article I posted was the context in which the information was released, that's all.

The money tree comment was in reply to a somewhat cryptic response from somebody else....and as we all know, the magic money tree is in the Virgin Islands !
Do you work in the City ? (Only ask as it seems from the response, here and elsewhere, that these issues are somehow personal )

Edit...are you confusing me with Dolly.....I believe nothing uttered by the majority of politicians ?
[Post edited 21 Jul 2017 16:48]

Budget deficit.... on 16:51 - Jul 21 with 3022 viewsStokieBlue

Budget deficit.... on 16:46 - Jul 21 by BanksterDebtSlave

Because as you know one of those mantras that we were encouraged to swallow, especially during the election, was/ is that reducing corporation tax somehow magically equates to a higher take.....but apparently not it seems !
The article I posted was the context in which the information was released, that's all.

The money tree comment was in reply to a somewhat cryptic response from somebody else....and as we all know, the magic money tree is in the Virgin Islands !
Do you work in the City ? (Only ask as it seems from the response, here and elsewhere, that these issues are somehow personal )

Edit...are you confusing me with Dolly.....I believe nothing uttered by the majority of politicians ?

Fair enough then.

I would say though that it's hard to draw conclusions from one month where something happened. It could be a statistical anomaly caused by a variety of things. If the trend continues and it's not an outlier then you may have a valid point.

SB
[Post edited 21 Jul 2017 16:53]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Budget deficit.... on 17:15 - Jul 21 with 2975 viewsNo9

This isn't a surprise is it ? A number of commentators have been predicitng this was on the cards.
However, It says the cost of servicing the debt is the highest since 2011?
With these low interest rates something isn't right & with corporation taxe receipts falling & likely to fall again soon it doesn't look good.
Budget deficit.... on 17:38 - Jul 21 with 2943 viewsdirtyboy

Budget deficit.... on 16:46 - Jul 21 by BanksterDebtSlave

The standard rate of corporation tax hasn't changed for 2 years with the small rate remaning unchanged for 2 years and only effective from 1 Apr (thus no measurable effect will be available until next April)

So your comment is simply assumed given there's no basis as yet for you to say "apparently not it seems".

Worth pointing to the main rate being 30% in 2008 and yet at 20% £56 billion was collected last year, 21% increase on the prior year and up from 45bn in 2008 (pre crash) so that's an improvement in actual and real terms. So history would suggest lower rates do increase take.
Budget deficit.... on 17:42 - Jul 21 with 2940 viewsNo9

Budget deficit.... on 17:38 - Jul 21 by dirtyboy

The standard rate of corporation tax hasn't changed for 2 years with the small rate remaning unchanged for 2 years and only effective from 1 Apr (thus no measurable effect will be available until next April)

So your comment is simply assumed given there's no basis as yet for you to say "apparently not it seems".

Worth pointing to the main rate being 30% in 2008 and yet at 20% £56 billion was collected last year, 21% increase on the prior year and up from 45bn in 2008 (pre crash) so that's an improvement in actual and real terms. So history would suggest lower rates do increase take.

Not really, 2008 was a bad year for many SME's as the Bankers crisis took effect & or many companies the downturn started in 2007.

Profitablity has been improved as corporations increased prices but they did not increase wages and in many cases laid of loads of people to boost their total take.
Login to get fewer ads

Budget deficit.... on 21:41 - Jul 21 with 2868 viewsbournemouthblue

Budget deficit.... on 17:15 - Jul 21 by No9

This isn't a surprise is it ? A number of commentators have been predicitng this was on the cards.
However, It says the cost of servicing the debt is the highest since 2011?
With these low interest rates something isn't right & with corporation taxe receipts falling & likely to fall again soon it doesn't look good.

what happens if the austerity programme plummets us into another recession, doesn't this kill the whole agenda

Spending too much doesn't work but spending too little doesn't work either

Where do you go next?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Budget deficit.... on 21:43 - Jul 21 with 2867 viewsSwansea_Blue

I thought we knew this by now. Tories borrow more and pay back less.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Budget deficit.... on 07:20 - Jul 22 with 2776 viewsTractorWood

Budget deficit.... on 17:42 - Jul 21 by No9

Not really, 2008 was a bad year for many SME's as the Bankers crisis took effect & or many companies the downturn started in 2007.

Profitablity has been improved as corporations increased prices but they did not increase wages and in many cases laid of loads of people to boost their total take.

You're right of course, the Tories did a great job of recovering the economy.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Budget deficit.... on 08:06 - Jul 22 with 2740 viewsdirtyboy

Budget deficit.... on 17:42 - Jul 21 by No9

Data in accounting terms from collected taxes is a year behind events don't forget. It's not like consumer taxes like vat.
Budget deficit.... on 11:23 - Jul 22 with 2653 viewsNo9

Budget deficit.... on 08:06 - Jul 22 by dirtyboy

Data in accounting terms from collected taxes is a year behind events don't forget. It's not like consumer taxes like vat.

I understand the lg and how since 2010 the government have used this to distort facts.
Mr Osborne made some considerablt mistakes which shows the tories doubled the national debt.
He left Mr Hammond with a mess which Mr H described as 'eye watering debt levels' but instead of trying to get the economy working the same mistakes are being made again.

During the era of very low interest rates many European countries have used the low rates to upgrade infrastructure in the UK the governemtn has been giving it to corporation which has lead the C&I to boast their members coffers are full.

We have some of the worst infrastructure and utilities in the industrialised world = opportunity lost.

& the high levels of interest payments being made show how badly wrong they got it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024