Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v South Africa-Third Test 11:01 - Jul 27 with 15710 viewsgainsboroughblue

Eng win toss and bat. Any guesses at when first wicket will fall? Cook edged behind at 1109.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2017 11:01]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

England v South Africa-Third Test on 17:07 - Jul 28 with 3941 viewschicoazul

England v South Africa-Third Test on 17:05 - Jul 28 by TLA

Follow on forced and all done by lunch tomorrow?!

surely England will have another bat if they skittle them out? Take the game away from them? Weather bad tomorrow but fine Sunday and Monday. Or is that my love for Alastair Cook talking??

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

England v South Africa-Third Test on 17:15 - Jul 28 with 3930 viewsBinner

England v South Africa-Third Test on 17:07 - Jul 28 by chicoazul

surely England will have another bat if they skittle them out? Take the game away from them? Weather bad tomorrow but fine Sunday and Monday. Or is that my love for Alastair Cook talking??

If we rattle 'em out quickly Root'll maybe ask the bowlers if they feel fresh enough to go again...

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

England v South Africa-Third Test on 17:42 - Jul 28 with 3912 viewsTLA

England v South Africa-Third Test on 17:07 - Jul 28 by chicoazul

With the weather uncertain, Philander unlikely to bat in this innings and the conditions being so good for our bowlers, it would make sense to get them in again. We could have them 15 down and a hundred behind in the match by lunch tomorrow, when the weather looks bad
England v South Africa-Third Test on 17:53 - Jul 28 with 3903 viewsSteve_M

England v South Africa-Third Test on 17:42 - Jul 28 by TLA

With the weather uncertain, Philander unlikely to bat in this innings and the conditions being so good for our bowlers, it would make sense to get them in again. We could have them 15 down and a hundred behind in the match by lunch tomorrow, when the weather looks bad

Yes, just been discussing it here. We would bat again, get South Africa completely out of the game as I would expect them to bat a whole lot better following on.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

England v South Africa-Third Test on 17:58 - Jul 28 with 3900 viewsgainsboroughblue

England v South Africa-Third Test on 17:42 - Jul 28 by TLA

Why is Philander not batting? Is it an injury likely to keep him bowling too? Ain't been following this afternoon, which probably explains why we are suddenly doing well.

England v South Africa-Third Test on 18:36 - Jul 28 with 3877 viewsTLA

England v South Africa-Third Test on 17:58 - Jul 28 by gainsboroughblue

Why is Philander not batting? Is it an injury likely to keep him bowling too? Ain't been following this afternoon, which probably explains why we are suddenly doing well.

It's an illness - he's in hospital and not at the ground. He may well be fit to bat tomorrow, which is why these two wickets are vital tonight. Having to bring the spinners on due to light wasn't helpful.

If they get through to tomorrow, I don't think we'd enforce the follow on whereas I think we would have if we'd taken these two wickets an hour ago.
England v South Africa-Third Test on 18:41 - Jul 28 with 3875 viewsgainsboroughblue

England v South Africa-Third Test on 18:36 - Jul 28 by TLA

It's an illness - he's in hospital and not at the ground. He may well be fit to bat tomorrow, which is why these two wickets are vital tonight. Having to bring the spinners on due to light wasn't helpful.

If they get through to tomorrow, I don't think we'd enforce the follow on whereas I think we would have if we'd taken these two wickets an hour ago.

It seems to have taken the sting out of things.

England v South Africa-Third Test on 18:43 - Jul 28 with 3870 viewsgainsboroughblue

England v South Africa-Third Test on 18:41 - Jul 28 by gainsboroughblue

And as I say that

Login to get fewer ads

England v South Africa-Third Test on 18:45 - Jul 28 with 3865 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

England v South Africa-Third Test on 18:41 - Jul 28 by gainsboroughblue

Only you could do that

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

England v South Africa-Third Test on 20:22 - Jul 28 with 3842 viewsbournemouthblue

England v South Africa-Third Test on 11:29 - Jul 27 by gainsboroughblue

Carberry, Robson, Compton, Lyth, Trott, Hales, Duckett, Hameed and now Jennings. That's some list. Out of those, I still have some hopes for Duckett and Hameed. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Robson or Hales again but the others have well and truly gone I suspect.

Root and Ali of the current side have opened too.

I personally feel we should have gone with Carberry for a season or two

He had the second highest average in Australia after KP and both were dropped

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

England v South Africa-Third Test on 20:35 - Jul 28 with 3837 viewsReuser_is_God

Great day for Englan then.

Proper test match batting & then a superb bowling performance, would you enforce the follow on if available? I think I would given the conditions & forecast.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

England v South Africa-Third Test on 20:41 - Jul 28 with 3836 viewsgainsboroughblue

England v South Africa-Third Test on 20:35 - Jul 28 by Reuser_is_God

Great day for Englan then.

Proper test match batting & then a superb bowling performance, would you enforce the follow on if available? I think I would given the conditions & forecast.

Root was caught between a rock and a hard place tonight. He knew polishing those two wickets off tonight would mean Philander couldn't bat, yet due to the dwindling light he was forced to put the slow bowlers on and the game kind of drifted and the impetus was lost.

I suspect the decision re follow on will be taken out of our hands tomorrow, especially if Philander does get in.

These days, the psychology of a huge target against simply batting to reduce a deficit seems to effect a side batting last more, so I'd be inclined to stick another 200-250 on the board quickly and declare.

England v South Africa-Third Test on 08:15 - Jul 29 with 3761 viewsSteve_M

England v South Africa-Third Test on 20:41 - Jul 28 by gainsboroughblue

Root was caught between a rock and a hard place tonight. He knew polishing those two wickets off tonight would mean Philander couldn't bat, yet due to the dwindling light he was forced to put the slow bowlers on and the game kind of drifted and the impetus was lost.

I suspect the decision re follow on will be taken out of our hands tomorrow, especially if Philander does get in.

These days, the psychology of a huge target against simply batting to reduce a deficit seems to effect a side batting last more, so I'd be inclined to stick another 200-250 on the board quickly and declare.

I'm fully expecting to see the last two wickets occupy the entire morning and then a lot of reason this afternoon.

Looks glorious outside at the moment though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

England v South Africa-Third Test on 08:55 - Jul 29 with 3744 viewsAdmiralFunge

Just seen highlights.

That TRJ ball to get Amla is an utter, utter doozy - would have got anyone out. Would have to say that he's probably shoe-horned himself into the Ashes squad, ahead of Wood and Ball, off the back of yesterday's performance.

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

England v South Africa-Third Test on 09:25 - Jul 29 with 3723 viewsTLA

England v South Africa-Third Test on 08:15 - Jul 29 by Steve_M

I'm fully expecting to see the last two wickets occupy the entire morning and then a lot of reason this afternoon.

I'm not going to be able to get to The Oval today - I was working late slept through my 5am alarm. Paying another £60 to get there for 12 when heavy rain is forecast for most of the rest of the day was a poor option…absolutely gutted! I hope to meet you for a pint another time Steve_M.

What's the news on Philander? It could make a huge difference today.
England v South Africa-Third Test on 11:50 - Jul 29 with 3690 viewsgainsboroughblue

England v South Africa-Third Test on 08:15 - Jul 29 by Steve_M

This partnership is irritating the sh!t out of me.

England v South Africa-Third Test on 13:03 - Jul 29 with 3663 viewsbluelagos

So the next question is when to declare? Is it forecast dry tomorrow?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

England v South Africa-Third Test on 13:08 - Jul 29 with 3657 viewsTLA

England v South Africa-Third Test on 13:03 - Jul 29 by bluelagos

So the next question is when to declare? Is it forecast dry tomorrow?

I think it's a washout today and then pretty good for the next two days.

If there's no play today, surely two sessions and giving them four would work. If we get time for another 50 runs for 1/2 wickets today, that would be great.
England v South Africa-Third Test on 13:14 - Jul 29 with 3651 viewsbluelagos

England v South Africa-Third Test on 13:08 - Jul 29 by TLA

I think it's a washout today and then pretty good for the next two days.

If there's no play today, surely two sessions and giving them four would work. If we get time for another 50 runs for 1/2 wickets today, that would be great.

Is it raining in England? Flying in tomorrow night and haven't packed a coat or jumper...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

England v South Africa-Third Test on 13:16 - Jul 29 with 3647 viewsgainsboroughblue

England v South Africa-Third Test on 13:14 - Jul 29 by bluelagos

Is it raining in England? Flying in tomorrow night and haven't packed a coat or jumper...

Schoolboy error.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024