Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London types.. 15:02 - Aug 1 with 8189 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I am down in the big smoke this weekend.. Booked a nice little place in near Shoreditch high street station, having enjoyed it a few years ago when I was last near the area.

I don't have a beard, tattoos or play synth in an all vegan electronica band, but does anyone have any suggestions for the Shoreditch, Hoxton, Bethnal Green area? Places to eat, things see etc. etc.

I will be doing the obvious, like Brick lane market, probably check out box park but if any of you hipster and trendy types can supply some wisdom that would be great
London types.. on 19:20 - Aug 1 with 1367 viewsStokieBlue

London types.. on 18:55 - Aug 1 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I am in London a few times a year, when I go I tend to breath in the air. Lived in Southern California for 15 months, try LA, awful especially at rush hour.

LA is awful and not just because of the air.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

London types.. on 21:14 - Aug 1 with 1322 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

London types.. on 19:20 - Aug 1 by StokieBlue

LA is awful and not just because of the air.

SB

Disagree
London types.. on 21:28 - Aug 1 with 1314 viewsClapham_Junction

London types.. on 15:17 - Aug 1 by footers

Not hipster at all, but go to Tayyabs or Lahore on Commercial Rd for an Indian. Best places by miles.

There's a decent gastropub in Whitechapel called the White Hart. Pricey but decent food, great selection of beers.

As for nightlife, depends what you're after. I'm not cool enough to be in those places long, but if you're into indie/rock gigs can help you out with some good ones.

Lahore is just round the corner from me and I always take visitors there as it's superb. Needoo on New Road is also very good but they don't really seem to understand the concept of mild.

Shoreditch way, I would recommend the Korean restaurant Jubo. Been back there several times.
London types.. on 22:04 - Aug 1 with 1291 viewsStokieBlue

London types.. on 21:14 - Aug 1 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Disagree

Fair enough.

I didn't like it much though, each to their own.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

London types.. on 22:10 - Aug 1 with 1284 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

London types.. on 22:04 - Aug 1 by StokieBlue

Fair enough.

I didn't like it much though, each to their own.

SB

I wouldn't move back but there's plenty more to it than tourists and Hollywood.
London types.. on 22:36 - Aug 1 with 1266 viewsfooters

London types.. on 21:28 - Aug 1 by Clapham_Junction

Lahore is just round the corner from me and I always take visitors there as it's superb. Needoo on New Road is also very good but they don't really seem to understand the concept of mild.

Shoreditch way, I would recommend the Korean restaurant Jubo. Been back there several times.

Me too. Literally a couple of minutes.

If you see a lanky, blond bloke with glasses and an ITFC shirt, gimme a wave ;)

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

London types.. on 22:42 - Aug 1 with 1261 viewsLord_Lucan

London types.. on 21:28 - Aug 1 by Clapham_Junction

I agree with Lahore and for a pint I'll throw in The Commercial Tavern on Commercial St.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

London types.. on 22:54 - Aug 1 with 1241 viewsClapham_Junction

London types.. on 22:36 - Aug 1 by footers

Me too. Literally a couple of minutes.

If you see a lanky, blond bloke with glasses and an ITFC shirt, gimme a wave ;)

Will do, and likewise. Not sure I've ever seen anyone wearing a Town shirt locally, although I did once play a six-a-side game at Mulberry Sports Centre and half of the other team were wearing a certain type of yellow shirt...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024