Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Having been converted, I present: A Coffee Review 14:35 - Aug 10 with 1731 viewswkj

There is a bit of a coffee cult within TWTD it seems, and I have asked questions on the matter before as I gained promotion from NesCaf into the world of beans (I did tassimo for a while, then felt equal parts ripped off and harmful to the environment)

I had a lot of good suggestions, but after many many mornings of testing, trying to balance good taste with least heartburn, I would like to recommend trying the following to those who enjoy a coffee.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LEW9H4C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=

GOOD LIFE - VERVE

At £20 for 500g of beans, it isn't the cheapest option around, but it is certainly one of the nicer. Unlike some coffee it isn't harsh at all, you don't get that bitter hit or aftertaste. You end up drinking something that seems to sit somewhere between coffee and cocoa, somewhat nutty and natural. This product is organic and has no fillers, so it would work in someone's paleo lifestyles. The real winner for me though is has so far not triggered any sort of acid reflux style symptoms and the perk is long lasting.

I would highly recommend giving it a whirl if you are into bean coffee (they do offer three ground options too- suited for Aeropress, Cafetiere, or Filter devices.)
[Post edited 10 Aug 2017 14:38]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Having been converted, I present: A Coffee Review on 14:39 - Aug 10 with 1710 viewsfactual_blue

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Having been converted, I present: A Coffee Review on 14:43 - Aug 10 with 1703 viewswkj

Having been converted, I present: A Coffee Review on 14:39 - Aug 10 by factual_blue

thing is though, that isn't coffee

Crybaby

Having been converted, I present: A Coffee Review on 14:44 - Aug 10 with 1697 viewsfactual_blue

Having been converted, I present: A Coffee Review on 14:43 - Aug 10 by wkj

thing is though, that isn't coffee

No.

It's a proper drink.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Having been converted, I present: A Coffee Review on 14:47 - Aug 10 with 1684 viewsPendejo

Having been converted, I present: A Coffee Review on 14:44 - Aug 10 by factual_blue

No.

It's a proper drink.

Hadn't noticed the legend in the orange banner before... should it read "well hard water"

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Having been converted, I present: A Coffee Review on 14:48 - Aug 10 with 1677 viewsCoastalblue

Having been converted, I present: A Coffee Review on 14:44 - Aug 10 by factual_blue

No.

It's a proper drink.

A foul tasting proper drink that is dying out thankfully.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Having been converted, I present: A Coffee Review on 15:01 - Aug 10 with 1657 viewsLord_Lucan

Thanks for that - appreciated.

I have got out of the habit of making real coffee but I must get my arse back in gear. The best I have tried is this http://www.coffeecompass.co.uk/shop/espresso-range/brighton-lanes-blend-500g.htm

I've ordered your suggestion so give mine a try*

* Fück me - I've just realised yours is twice the price of mine.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Having been converted, I present: A Coffee Review on 15:05 - Aug 10 with 1642 viewswkj

Having been converted, I present: A Coffee Review on 15:01 - Aug 10 by Lord_Lucan

Thanks for that - appreciated.

I have got out of the habit of making real coffee but I must get my arse back in gear. The best I have tried is this http://www.coffeecompass.co.uk/shop/espresso-range/brighton-lanes-blend-500g.htm

I've ordered your suggestion so give mine a try*

* Fück me - I've just realised yours is twice the price of mine.

I will buy 2 bags, hows that sound

Crybaby

Having been converted, I present: A Coffee Review on 15:06 - Aug 10 with 1640 viewsBluebell

It would need to be good at that price!

Just good ol' instant for me most if the time! Douwe Egberts being the favourite at the moment.
Login to get fewer ads

Having been converted, I present: A Coffee Review on 15:09 - Aug 10 with 1635 viewsLord_Lucan

Having been converted, I present: A Coffee Review on 15:05 - Aug 10 by wkj

I will buy 2 bags, hows that sound

I was just a bit shocked as I didn't realise the price difference until I searched my link. I haven't made proper coffee for about two years and forget how much I need to use.

I buy whole beans and grind them myself and then stick them in a cafetiere thing. How much coffee shall I use, I don't want to only get it right after experiments and end up out of product.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Having been converted, I present: A Coffee Review on 15:10 - Aug 10 with 1622 viewswkj

Having been converted, I present: A Coffee Review on 15:06 - Aug 10 by Bluebell

Just good ol' instant for me most if the time! Douwe Egberts being the favourite at the moment.

I would be all over Dowie Egberts if i could buy it in bean/ground as I love their little plastic thingamies you pop on the mug - but instant coffee just knots my stomach up with acid reflux

Crybaby

Having been converted, I present: A Coffee Review on 15:15 - Aug 10 with 1613 viewswkj

Having been converted, I present: A Coffee Review on 15:09 - Aug 10 by Lord_Lucan

I was just a bit shocked as I didn't realise the price difference until I searched my link. I haven't made proper coffee for about two years and forget how much I need to use.

I buy whole beans and grind them myself and then stick them in a cafetiere thing. How much coffee shall I use, I don't want to only get it right after experiments and end up out of product.

Somewhere in the region of 2 heaped spoons per standard mug. My very scientific measuring method is usually, just enough beans that the grinder blade can not be seen
[Post edited 10 Aug 2017 15:16]

Crybaby

Having been converted, I present: A Coffee Review on 15:38 - Aug 10 with 1597 viewsLord_Lucan

Having been converted, I present: A Coffee Review on 15:06 - Aug 10 by Bluebell

I drink Cart Noir but they've büggered about with their blend recently.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024