Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've not seen it mentioned anywhere or hear if it was announced... 07:55 - Aug 21 with 1661 viewshoppy

But what or who were the black armbands for on Saturday?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

I've not seen it mentioned anywhere or hear if it was announced... on 07:59 - Aug 21 with 1645 viewstcblue

Barcelona?
I've not seen it mentioned anywhere or hear if it was announced... on 08:00 - Aug 21 with 1638 viewsjakeyboy26

It was for the Barcelona terrorist attacks

Poll: How do you rate Paul Hurst's transferbusiness

I've not seen it mentioned anywhere or hear if it was announced... on 08:56 - Aug 21 with 1520 viewsuefacup81

I've not seen it mentioned anywhere or hear if it was announced... on 08:00 - Aug 21 by jakeyboy26

It was for the Barcelona terrorist attacks

Is any particular rhyme/reason/logic employed when deciding which attacks are deemed 'worthy' of Black Armband treatment?

Not too long ago, it seemed such things only happened when the club/city/country in question was directly affected, but these days the black armbands are rolled out almost every week somewhere or other.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

I've not seen it mentioned anywhere or hear if it was announced... on 09:10 - Aug 21 with 1484 viewsGuthrum

I've not seen it mentioned anywhere or hear if it was announced... on 08:56 - Aug 21 by uefacup81

Is any particular rhyme/reason/logic employed when deciding which attacks are deemed 'worthy' of Black Armband treatment?

Not too long ago, it seemed such things only happened when the club/city/country in question was directly affected, but these days the black armbands are rolled out almost every week somewhere or other.

I thought I heard something on the commentary about there being an actual link (I believe on the Brentford side) with Barcelona. I may be misremembering, tho, can't recall the details.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I've not seen it mentioned anywhere or hear if it was announced... on 09:27 - Aug 21 with 1448 viewsGeoffSentence

I've not seen it mentioned anywhere or hear if it was announced... on 09:10 - Aug 21 by Guthrum

I thought I heard something on the commentary about there being an actual link (I believe on the Brentford side) with Barcelona. I may be misremembering, tho, can't recall the details.

Seemed a bit wider than just our game though. I notice that villa nodge had armbands too.

The question of how we decide when an event is worthy of a black arm band at 2nd tier English football games is a valid one. Why not for the attack in VirginiA for instance.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2017 9:28]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I've not seen it mentioned anywhere or hear if it was announced... on 09:41 - Aug 21 with 1412 viewsfactual_blue

Town fan Sir Bruce Forsyth.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I've not seen it mentioned anywhere or hear if it was announced... on 09:46 - Aug 21 with 1406 viewsGeoffSentence

I've not seen it mentioned anywhere or hear if it was announced... on 09:41 - Aug 21 by factual_blue

Town fan Sir Bruce Forsyth.

Chinny reckon.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I've not seen it mentioned anywhere or hear if it was announced... on 09:56 - Aug 21 with 1376 viewsRadlett_blue

I've not seen it mentioned anywhere or hear if it was announced... on 09:27 - Aug 21 by GeoffSentence

Seemed a bit wider than just our game though. I notice that villa nodge had armbands too.

The question of how we decide when an event is worthy of a black arm band at 2nd tier English football games is a valid one. Why not for the attack in VirginiA for instance.

most of these gestures at football matches & other sporting events are near pointless, especially if the connection with the victims is negligible.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

I've not seen it mentioned anywhere or hear if it was announced... on 10:21 - Aug 21 with 1348 viewsGuthrum

I've not seen it mentioned anywhere or hear if it was announced... on 09:27 - Aug 21 by GeoffSentence

If for general reasons (i.e. no specific link with where the outrage occurred), then I entirely agree with you. Otherwise there would be black armbands every week (innocent civilians are dying en-masse in Syria, Yemen and many other places, on a far larger scale than Barcelona) and they would lose their meaning. Would they start wearing two or three at once, for different things?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024