Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby 3 nil up now! (n/t) 20:28 - Sep 8 with 2824 viewsnorth_stand77

Derby 3 nil up now! (n/t) on 20:38 - Sep 8 with 2809 viewsnorth_stand77

Make that 4 at half time.
Derby 3 nil up now! (n/t) on 21:02 - Sep 8 with 2756 viewsAdmiralFunge

Derby 3 nil up now! (n/t) on 20:38 - Sep 8 by north_stand77

Make that 4 at half time.

5 now. Hull's defence is a total rabble.

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

Derby 3 nil up now! (n/t) on 21:37 - Sep 8 with 2675 viewsHarryfromBath

I know that Leonid Slutsky spent time in England getting to know the game here before landing the Hull job and that he has been reported as being desperate to succeed here, but I wonder if he is where their problem lies.

QPR fans said both during and after their 2-1 win over Hull last month that the Tigers looked very brittle and folded when Holloway threw the kitchen sink at them. Their squad individually looks excellent but has not at all gelled and the word 'frightened' cropped up several times during the Rangers match.

That said, sometimes rebuilt squads take time to get to know each other and generate momentum. I'm not sure Hull's owners will give Slutsky that time.

One of Hull's fans just now summed tonight up thus: "Hope the reason for tonight is poor selection by the manager plus when you think about it, it's a team full of strangers." I can't see Hull doing a Bolton, but then again I didn't see Bolton doing a Bolton. They are worth keeping an eye on.

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

Derby 3 nil up now! (n/t) on 21:41 - Sep 8 with 2656 viewsMullet

Derby 3 nil up now! (n/t) on 21:37 - Sep 8 by HarryfromBath

I know that Leonid Slutsky spent time in England getting to know the game here before landing the Hull job and that he has been reported as being desperate to succeed here, but I wonder if he is where their problem lies.

QPR fans said both during and after their 2-1 win over Hull last month that the Tigers looked very brittle and folded when Holloway threw the kitchen sink at them. Their squad individually looks excellent but has not at all gelled and the word 'frightened' cropped up several times during the Rangers match.

That said, sometimes rebuilt squads take time to get to know each other and generate momentum. I'm not sure Hull's owners will give Slutsky that time.

One of Hull's fans just now summed tonight up thus: "Hope the reason for tonight is poor selection by the manager plus when you think about it, it's a team full of strangers." I can't see Hull doing a Bolton, but then again I didn't see Bolton doing a Bolton. They are worth keeping an eye on.

The idea of Derby succeeding and a jolly Russian called Slutsky failing turns my stomach.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Derby 3 nil up now! (n/t) on 21:50 - Sep 8 with 2621 viewsHarryfromBath

Derby 3 nil up now! (n/t) on 21:41 - Sep 8 by Mullet

The idea of Derby succeeding and a jolly Russian called Slutsky failing turns my stomach.

Yep. Hull fans really warmed to Slutsky when he arrived as he has galvanized the team and seems to be a good motivator.

We will have to wait to see if Rowett has managed to sort out Derby's wonderful habit of choking both during games and campaigns. I'm really sorry for everyone who lost out with tickets and hotels for the Derby game, but I would rather hit them in November when we have a more balanced squad.

Derby 3 nil up now! (n/t) on 21:55 - Sep 8 with 2599 viewsMullet

Derby 3 nil up now! (n/t) on 21:50 - Sep 8 by HarryfromBath

Yep. Hull fans really warmed to Slutsky when he arrived as he has galvanized the team and seems to be a good motivator.

We will have to wait to see if Rowett has managed to sort out Derby's wonderful habit of choking both during games and campaigns. I'm really sorry for everyone who lost out with tickets and hotels for the Derby game, but I would rather hit them in November when we have a more balanced squad.

I genuinely don't understand how someone isn't liable for that - it's more than "hard luck" it's purposeful, the powers that be or the league really should set a precedent here. This isn't silencing a few chicken nuggets who can't handle a heavy defeat and want a free go on Galloways, which seems to be the norm for plenty of clubs now.

You'd think after so many years of over investment (cheating FFP) Derby must surely do it this year, but there always seems to be a few surprises that elbow their way past even if they're not the relative outliers like Burnley or Hudds et al.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Derby 3 nil up now! (n/t) on 22:58 - Sep 8 with 2521 viewsLankHenners

Derby 3 nil up now! (n/t) on 21:37 - Sep 8 by HarryfromBath

Hull fans had been in a fair bit of worry that their squad was/is full of players on the last year of their contract, and with the board's history of reluctance to loosen the purse strings to the necessary when needed (plus general incompetency when handling player contracts), they could find themselves in a sticky situation if they didn't sort things out this season.

With several loan players going back to parent clubs, the likes of Maguire, Clucas, Robertson, Jakupovic staying in the Premier League with other clubs, and injuries to Hernandez and Evandro in particular mean they are a bit of a bunch of strangers as the fan in your quote puts it.

You'll do well to find a more unpopular ownership than the Allams (well, the Oystons probably) - didn't give Bruce the funds when he got them back up, then were too hesitant to get Marco Silva in in time and are having to almost start again with Slutsky.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Derby 3 nil up now! (n/t) on 23:03 - Sep 8 with 2501 viewsFreddies_Ears

Derby 3 nil up now! (n/t) on 21:55 - Sep 8 by Mullet

I genuinely don't understand how someone isn't liable for that - it's more than "hard luck" it's purposeful, the powers that be or the league really should set a precedent here. This isn't silencing a few chicken nuggets who can't handle a heavy defeat and want a free go on Galloways, which seems to be the norm for plenty of clubs now.

You'd think after so many years of over investment (cheating FFP) Derby must surely do it this year, but there always seems to be a few surprises that elbow their way past even if they're not the relative outliers like Burnley or Hudds et al.

If ITFC won't help to get compo out of the EFL, then the FSF will be on the case, and they do have some influence.

Disgraceful to reschedule at such short notice. Especially when EFL had promised 6 weeks' notice of fixture changes.
Login to get fewer ads

Derby 3 nil up now! (n/t) on 23:21 - Sep 8 with 2462 viewsHarryfromBath

Derby 3 nil up now! (n/t) on 21:55 - Sep 8 by Mullet

What money wants and what fans want, it's quite irreconcilable now. The League Cup could have carried on with one game running late and then used the late November date to catch up, but I guess that's too obvious.

I won't forget in a hurry that day in Blackburn in our play off season when news of Derby's implosion at home to Reading filtered through. The league is full of treacherous teams this season for us, but how much more is it for the Derbys who are chucking money at a failed play-off run every season?

You not only have the newly-minted arrivistes like Wolves and the Wendies, but teams like Sheffield United and Brentford are seriously looking to emulate Huddersfield. Derby may do it this year, but I really wouldn't beat on it. Another Norwich from last season maybe? Destroying teams in one-off games but flattering to deceive.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2017 23:29]

Derby 3 nil up now! (n/t) on 23:29 - Sep 8 with 2450 viewsHarryfromBath

Derby 3 nil up now! (n/t) on 22:58 - Sep 8 by LankHenners

Hull fans had been in a fair bit of worry that their squad was/is full of players on the last year of their contract, and with the board's history of reluctance to loosen the purse strings to the necessary when needed (plus general incompetency when handling player contracts), they could find themselves in a sticky situation if they didn't sort things out this season.

With several loan players going back to parent clubs, the likes of Maguire, Clucas, Robertson, Jakupovic staying in the Premier League with other clubs, and injuries to Hernandez and Evandro in particular mean they are a bit of a bunch of strangers as the fan in your quote puts it.

You'll do well to find a more unpopular ownership than the Allams (well, the Oystons probably) - didn't give Bruce the funds when he got them back up, then were too hesitant to get Marco Silva in in time and are having to almost start again with Slutsky.

You are spot on about the Allams, Henners.

The Bolton comparison stemmed from the fact that owners are the ones who often relegate their clubs, and their decision-making - as you set out - is akin to that of Blackburn, Birmingham and Forest's collective owners who ended up in a last-day scrap in May.

You look at the Hull squad on paper and it looks decent enough, but we have seen this before in this division. The lack of familiarity could create a spiral of poor results which leads to a player sell-off or they could regroup and turn it around. The Allams could do well to watch how Vincent Tan has now taken a back seat at Cardiff.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024