Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Proud Dad Moment 14:07 - Sep 11 with 2894 viewsDeano69

My daughter scored her teams first ever competitive league goal yesterday. Cant beat that proud feeling. They went on to win 6-0 never played together before other than training and a sort of friendly. Not sure they will win so emphatically every week but that's a moment to treasure.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Proud Dad Moment on 14:18 - Sep 11 with 2855 viewscaught-in-limbo

Good news.

I imagine you were there watching. Go on, talk us through it, you know you want to.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Proud Dad Moment on 14:23 - Sep 11 with 2845 viewsDeano69

Proud Dad Moment on 14:18 - Sep 11 by caught-in-limbo

Good news.

I imagine you were there watching. Go on, talk us through it, you know you want to.

Ha Ha, it wont be a goal of the season contender I am afraid, she did make it herself rather than a 'chance tap-in' though. Bless she is only 10, never taken any interest in football until 3 months ago. I tried taking her to PR for one of the Youth Cup games, she didn't see one goal go in as she was fidgeting and fiddling about. (vowed I would take her again unless she took a proper interest).

Proud Dad Moment on 14:27 - Sep 11 with 2828 viewsBlueStreak

Proud Dad Moment on 14:23 - Sep 11 by Deano69

Ha Ha, it wont be a goal of the season contender I am afraid, she did make it herself rather than a 'chance tap-in' though. Bless she is only 10, never taken any interest in football until 3 months ago. I tried taking her to PR for one of the Youth Cup games, she didn't see one goal go in as she was fidgeting and fiddling about. (vowed I would take her again unless she took a proper interest).

That for Cops?
Proud Dad Moment on 14:27 - Sep 11 with 2830 viewsvapour_trail

Same here. My boy took his bow for the U7s in a tournament at the weekend. Three games, three goals.

The first, a pen, which he went down fairly softly to win himself if I'm honest. Caught that one on video.

The second, he trampled over a couple of other lads to prod home in a scramble.

The third, he motored Gareth balesque down the length of the field on the wing, cut in and finished across the keeper into the far corner.

He's up a and e today with a groin strain and possible infection, and learning to use a pair of crutches. Highs and lows.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Proud Dad Moment on 14:33 - Sep 11 with 2808 viewsDeano69

Proud Dad Moment on 14:27 - Sep 11 by vapour_trail

Same here. My boy took his bow for the U7s in a tournament at the weekend. Three games, three goals.

The first, a pen, which he went down fairly softly to win himself if I'm honest. Caught that one on video.

The third, he motored Gareth balesque down the length of the field on the wing, cut in and finished across the keeper into the far corner.

He's up a and e today with a groin strain and possible infection, and learning to use a pair of crutches. Highs and lows.

Brilliant. Such a great feeling isn't it.

Its the shape of things to come with kids football I guess. A couple of the girls in the opposition team took a face full of ball, bless them they played on after a little tear or two.

Proud Dad Moment on 14:33 - Sep 11 with 2802 viewsDeano69

Proud Dad Moment on 14:27 - Sep 11 by BlueStreak

That for Cops?

Kesgrave Kestrels

Proud Dad Moment on 14:34 - Sep 11 with 2801 viewscaught-in-limbo

Can 7 year olds get groin strain?

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Proud Dad Moment on 14:35 - Sep 11 with 2796 viewsDeano69

Proud Dad Moment on 14:34 - Sep 11 by caught-in-limbo

and I am assuming the infection is elsewhere...

Login to get fewer ads

Proud Dad Moment on 14:39 - Sep 11 with 2773 viewshomer_123

I assume by the injury situ he must be on Towns books then.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Proud Dad Moment on 14:39 - Sep 11 with 2769 viewsvapour_trail

An admittedly amateur (my) diagnosis, but that is where the pain is, and the slightly more qualified folk up the hospital suspect the same. They've scanned him and taken some bloods to check for an infection.

Proud Dad Moment on 15:07 - Sep 11 with 2726 viewsflimflam

[Post edited 11 Sep 2017 15:08]

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Proud Dad Moment on 18:11 - Sep 11 with 2590 viewsSpruceMoose

Proud Dad Moment on 14:23 - Sep 11 by Deano69

Sounds a lot better than my brother's first and only goal years ago in his junior side. A sweetly controlled deflection off his ample buttocks.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2017 18:12]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Proud Dad Moment on 18:14 - Sep 11 with 2576 viewsvapour_trail

Medical bulletin. He has pulled ''something around his hip', and arrived home on crutches, well pleased with himself.

I'm sticking with groin strain.

Proud Dad Moment on 18:16 - Sep 11 with 2575 viewsJohnhoz

*clears throat*

Shouldn't she be doing home economics or sewing or something ?

Well done mate. You must be well chuffed.................

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

Proud Dad Moment on 18:19 - Sep 11 with 2564 viewsBlue_Order

Can she play centre half?
Proud Dad Moment on 18:26 - Sep 11 with 2551 viewstextbackup

I remember watching my cousin in a cup final when he was little, scored a screamer, his first ever goal, my uncle was in a mess!
But I'd be exactly the same now

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024