Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm not Scared of Ipswich, but I am Scared of Us - Sunderland Match-Day Thoughts 12:41 - Sep 26 with 4605 viewsHarryfromBath

I have had a look around Wearsiders’ message-boards this morning to gauge their mood ahead of this evening. Things were pretty grim last week and it’s safe to say that this has hardly improved. Three out of four of their fans expect a home win and most have predicted a 3-0 result.

“Ipswich have got mid-table boring season written all over them like. They are flying though, we look absolutely dog****. A nailed-on home win”, “Defeat, as with every game going forward. I honestly can't see where a win will come from and I'm a happy clapper”, “A comfortable 2-0 for Ipswich.”

“An easy home win, they must be salivating at the prospect. 3-0”, “I cannot see anything other than Ipswich overpowering us. Town to win 3-0”, “I think we’ll get done, Ipswich 2-0 Sunderland, and a straight red for us”, “After Suicidal Si’s [Grayson’s] latest press conference I’m saying a 3-0 defeat.”

“A 2-0 comfortable home win. Grayson to say things are gradually getting there and we just aren't getting rub of the green at the minute. Plenty of positives to take, games come thick and fast in this league and things can change very quickly”, “A 3-0 defeat, I can't see us troubling their keeper.”

“We muster one shot on 89 minutes. People will come on and plead for time. Grayson will argue we deserved something from game despite 21% possession and one shot on target to Ipswich's seven”, “It has been a while since we were properly punted off the park so I will go 4-1 to Ipswich.”

“We are overdue a hammering... 0-5.” Some Wearsiders fear the worst. “5-0 to Ipswich. Big Si says we were on top until Ipswich took the lead in the third minute”, “We'll cruise to a 6-1 slaughtering. Rodwell scores in injury time to give the away fans something to cheer about.”

“It has been a while since our last own goal, comedy display. I went 1-0 Waghorn, but it could end up a classic 3-0 with Vaughan and Cattermole own goals”, “2-0, Waghorn and McGoldrick”, “Waghorn to score and not celebrate out of respect”, “Waghorn is nailed on to score.”

“I'm going to be optimistic and say 1-1”, “I don't think these [Ipswich] are very good though. They have just really beaten the struggling sides so far (yes I know...) and I would firmly expect them to still finish comfortably in the bottom half.”

For many away fans, any hoping of getting a result rests on several key creative players returning from injury and illness. “It depends if our players are fit”, “If Jonny Williams, Aiden McGeady and Callum McManaman aren't in the team then the best we can hope for is a draw.”

“I am more confident when we play away. I have got to be honest here and say that I couldn't name a single Ipswich player”, “I’m going an away win, 1-2. Ipswich will be lulled into a false sense of security after taking an early lead and we will score two, courtesy of errrr... just give me a minute.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would you have Mick Mac back?

“Yes. I think it will need more than just him to turn us around though”. “He would get far better out of this team”, “He was one of the best managers in our history in terms of win percentage”, “I would have Mick Mac here over Larry [Grayson] without a doubt but can't see it happening.”

“In a heartbeat. He is much maligned on here but what we are going through now could easily have happened in 2003. The fact that not only did we avoid a relegation battle but were competitive in the Championship with a tiny transfer budget was down to Mick Mac.”

“We won the league with the worst football possible”, “I wish he had the money every manager after him had to spend, as I’m not sure what else he could have done”, “I despised the bloke when he was here and some of the football we played was rotten but he’s far better than the clown we have now.”

“Always thought he was a canny bloke and got us promoted on a shoestring. He was given next to f*** all to spend the following season resulting in total disaster. Not the prettiest football under Mick Mac but effective in the Championship on a tight budget”, “He would keep us in this league.”

“No way, he gets off far too lightly in my opinion, he was shocking in the Premier League with us, overseeing one of the darkest periods the clubs seen”, “I think despite the poor Premier League season that followed promotion he would have offered us great stability but we'll never know.”

“Mick seems to be doing OK at Ipswich”, “He will be laughing his tits off at how we are even worse than when he was in charge. 2-0 to Ipswich”, “Mick will have them ready for game and telling them in training all week, ‘It’s a must win’. Let’s face it as our ex manager he is going to want to beat us.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some final thoughts on the game to conclude….

“We've got to win sometime, surely. I honestly can't see how”, “Unless we get one of those ridiculous 1-0 wins, when you get pounded but score with one shot on target”, “How grim have things become, being resigned to defeat against Ipswich f***ing Town.”

[Post edited 26 Sep 2017 17:24]

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

I'm not Scared of Ipswich, but I am Scared of Us - Sunderland Match-Day Thoughts on 12:46 - Sep 26 with 4537 viewsIllinoisblue

Puts life savings on a 1-0 Sunderland win.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I'm not Scared of Ipswich, but I am Scared of Us - Sunderland Match-Day Thoughts on 12:47 - Sep 26 with 4524 viewsbournemouthblue

Top work as always Harry

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

I'm not Scared of Ipswich, but I am Scared of Us - Sunderland Match-Day Thoughts on 12:48 - Sep 26 with 4527 viewsbournemouthblue

I'm not Scared of Ipswich, but I am Scared of Us - Sunderland Match-Day Thoughts on 12:46 - Sep 26 by Illinoisblue

In recent seasons I'd agree, it's game like this which tell us if we'll be midtable or if we're a little bit better than that

Any finish above 10th place this season is decent progress imho

I'm not Scared of Ipswich, but I am Scared of Us - Sunderland Match-Day Thoughts on 14:33 - Sep 26 with 4187 viewsGuthrum

I'm not Scared of Ipswich, but I am Scared of Us - Sunderland Match-Day Thoughts on 12:48 - Sep 26 by bournemouthblue

In recent seasons I'd agree, it's game like this which tell us if we'll be midtable or if we're a little bit better than that

Any finish above 10th place this season is decent progress imho

In the previous couple of seasons I'd be inclined to agree with you. This time, however, I think we have a little bit more about us.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I'm not Scared of Ipswich, but I am Scared of Us - Sunderland Match-Day Thoughts on 15:59 - Sep 26 with 4050 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I'm not Scared of Ipswich, but I am Scared of Us - Sunderland Match-Day Thoughts on 12:46 - Sep 26 by Illinoisblue

I have a feeling it'll be a draw

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I'm not Scared of Ipswich, but I am Scared of Us - Sunderland Match-Day Thoughts on 16:33 - Sep 26 with 3971 viewsbrogansnose

I'm not Scared of Ipswich, but I am Scared of Us - Sunderland Match-Day Thoughts on 15:59 - Sep 26 by The_Romford_Blue

I'm gonna have words with you.

Town 2 - Blunderland 0
I'm not Scared of Ipswich, but I am Scared of Us - Sunderland Match-Day Thoughts on 17:32 - Sep 26 with 3872 viewsWallingford_Boy

I'm not Scared of Ipswich, but I am Scared of Us - Sunderland Match-Day Thoughts on 15:59 - Sep 26 by The_Romford_Blue

Nailed on draw.

RIP Sir Bobby

I'm not Scared of Ipswich, but I am Scared of Us - Sunderland Match-Day Thoughts on 21:10 - Sep 26 with 3528 viewsMoisha

Maybe they should have been scared of Ipswich!!!
Login to get fewer ads

I'm not Scared of Ipswich, but I am Scared of Us - Sunderland Match-Day Thoughts on 22:35 - Sep 26 with 3286 viewspointofblue

A lot of them did think they'd lose by three!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I'm not Scared of Ipswich, but I am Scared of Us - Sunderland Match-Day Thoughts on 23:16 - Sep 26 with 3164 viewsbournemouthblue

I'm not Scared of Ipswich, but I am Scared of Us - Sunderland Match-Day Thoughts on 22:35 - Sep 26 by pointofblue

A lot of them did think they'd lose by three!

And it's thoroughly refreshing we can do this

Here's to a great season!

I'm not Scared of Ipswich, but I am Scared of Us - Sunderland Match-Day Thoughts on 02:59 - Sep 27 with 3005 viewsjeera

“How grim have things become, being resigned to defeat against Ipswich f***ing Town.”

Charming.

Haven't they heard?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024