Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Favourite breed of dog?? 19:43 - Oct 28 with 23818 viewsIpswichIrish

What's folk on here's favourite breeds of dog then, any owners? what have you named them?? any after ITFC players??
Favourite breed of dog?? on 10:03 - Oct 30 with 1528 viewsgerard1947

Favourite breed of dog?? on 23:15 - Oct 28 by sparks

Furry c***s. Dumping on my football pitch. Barking in the night. Protecting their owners: "what's the problem. He won't bite."..." How am I supposed to know that when your bull terrier is running towards my kids at a playground without a lead".

I'm a total dog lover but I fully understand where you are coming from. My dogs are well trained, great with other dogs, people and very gentle with children. They've been brought up with them. That said I always pop them on the lead when people or children I don't know are about. Not everyone likes dogs, not all dogs can be trusted. The same with other dogs when walking in the countryside. If I see a owner with their dog on the lead I put mine on too.

There are a few irresponsible parents about too, a couple of weeks ago I was walking with my dogs on their leads. I passed 2 small children whose mum was totally engrossed in her phone. Both kiddies launched themselves with arms around my dogs. As it happens my dogs sat still and enjoyed the fuss, not all dogs would.
Favourite breed of dog?? on 10:28 - Oct 30 with 1513 viewshampstead_blue

Beagle.
Our's was called Fred after Fed Dibnah.

I did have a ginger cat called Boncho. Loved him to bits.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Favourite breed of dog?? on 10:28 - Oct 30 with 1513 viewsTIB

7 year old Patterdale terrier called Bella. Not sure I could live in a house without a dog now...she's always there, barking, sh*tting, playing or sleeping. Her only pitfall is she loves to chase birds...(insert pun here)

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Favourite breed of dog?? on 18:55 - Oct 30 with 1454 viewsWeWereZombies

The power of TWTD, not just apologies from Mick but action on dogs within a couple of days too:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-41803922

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Favourite breed of dog?? on 20:22 - Oct 30 with 1423 viewsRyorry

Favourite breed of dog?? on 18:55 - Oct 30 by WeWereZombies

The power of TWTD, not just apologies from Mick but action on dogs within a couple of days too:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-41803922

Good. It's not just the 'picking up' issue, it's the irresponsibility and lack of control inherent in walking SIX dogs at a time for heavens' sake (round here I've even seen seven!!). What if one of her charges got into a fight with a dog being walked by someone else? What's she going to do with the other dogs while she sorts it out? No one can hold 5 other dogs whilst sorting out a problem with one of them! What are her 6 charges up to whilst she's poop-scooping?

Baffles me how such people get licences in the first place. Personally I'd never take more than two dogs out at a time as a professional dog-walker, and wouldn't take more than 3 at a time even if they were mine and got on well together. But many councils are slack - someone I know vets riding stables for our local council & reported back re one that it should *not* be given a licence because of horse welfare issues iirc - council went ahead and granted it a licence anyway ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024