Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Calling all ipswich fans 11:49 - Nov 9 with 3918 viewsFrimleyBlue

As chair of a non league club it pained me to see on twitter that Ipswich wanderers are struggling financially.

As much as im not involved at all with them. I ask all itfc fans to get together and attend one of their home fixtures to boost their coffers.

Granted not my place to ask such a thing.. but maybe someone on here to oversee it? Make a twtd day out of it?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Calling all ipswich fans on 12:05 - Nov 9 with 3843 viewsBOjK

Going to nonleague football is great and I recommend it to anyone, but as far as I can tell almost all nonleague clubs are struggling financially all the time.

The alternative is clubs who are bankrolled by some local businessman who take the club up to an unsustainable level only to see them fall back down when they stop putting money in.

The number of stable break-even clubs appears to be tiny.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Calling all ipswich fans on 12:10 - Nov 9 with 3814 viewshype313

Calling all ipswich fans on 12:05 - Nov 9 by BOjK

Going to nonleague football is great and I recommend it to anyone, but as far as I can tell almost all nonleague clubs are struggling financially all the time.

The alternative is clubs who are bankrolled by some local businessman who take the club up to an unsustainable level only to see them fall back down when they stop putting money in.

The number of stable break-even clubs appears to be tiny.

Indeed, happens in local Rugby too, for years Hadleigh had serious money behind them 4 teams out and then the owner upped sticks and went to Bury, Hadleigh couldn't field a team and had to start from scratch.

Leiston, Needham and now Stowmarket all have significant money, but that could soon change and thier fortunes take a turn for the worse.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

on 12:11 - Nov 9 with 3819 views_

Calling all ipswich fans on 12:14 - Nov 9 with 3798 viewsjontysnut

I don't live locally but I went last year - it seems a good little club but most of them at that level are in a pretty precarious position. Perhaps TWTD could sponsor a game or two
Calling all ipswich fans on 12:33 - Nov 9 with 3710 viewsBecclesITFC

It's on the list to do. I love non-league football. The Wanderers ground looks really cool.... Looking forward to it...
Calling all ipswich fans on 13:03 - Nov 9 with 3575 viewsTractorCam

I'm a regular at Ipswich Wanderers home and away whenever I'm not going to a Town game. There have been all sorts of problems going on this season, after the club's 2nd highest ever finish last season it seems to have all gone to pot this year, I'd say at least 90% of players here now are different from May.

Despite all the problems, the home gates are still pulling a decent 70-100 people and usual suspects travel away. It's a fairly long trip to Saffron Walden on Saturday, I shall be attending and would be great to see fellow ITFC fans supporting the Wanderers

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Calling all ipswich fans on 13:04 - Nov 9 with 3561 viewsTractorCam

Calling all ipswich fans on 13:03 - Nov 9 by TractorCam

I'm a regular at Ipswich Wanderers home and away whenever I'm not going to a Town game. There have been all sorts of problems going on this season, after the club's 2nd highest ever finish last season it seems to have all gone to pot this year, I'd say at least 90% of players here now are different from May.

Despite all the problems, the home gates are still pulling a decent 70-100 people and usual suspects travel away. It's a fairly long trip to Saffron Walden on Saturday, I shall be attending and would be great to see fellow ITFC fans supporting the Wanderers

Following this home games to Haverhill Rovers on Wednesday (Suffolk cup) and Hadleigh United Saturday in the league

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Calling all ipswich fans on 21:24 - Nov 9 with 3172 views3_5_2

It is a sad thing to see but not uncommon as the wages paid to the players are in most cases unsustainable. Take Stowmarket for example, the manager puts a lot of his own money in ( I don't get that but it's his money) there are players on 300-400 a week. There is no guarantee of success, crowds are not fantastic for that level ( Felixstowe and Walton are top, 21 points ahead and last week they had over 600 in, they don't pay anywhere like Stows wages)

So what happens when the manager gets bored or moves on, 90% of the players will leave and they will drop down again. I'm not saying this is anything new but players will play, in the main, for whoever pays the most and you can't blame them

I don't know the facts behind what's happened at Ipswich Wanderers but they are a proper football club run by great people, I do hope they come through it.

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Login to get fewer ads

on 21:31 - Nov 9 with 3148 views_

Calling all ipswich fans on 21:24 - Nov 9 by 3_5_2

It is a sad thing to see but not uncommon as the wages paid to the players are in most cases unsustainable. Take Stowmarket for example, the manager puts a lot of his own money in ( I don't get that but it's his money) there are players on 300-400 a week. There is no guarantee of success, crowds are not fantastic for that level ( Felixstowe and Walton are top, 21 points ahead and last week they had over 600 in, they don't pay anywhere like Stows wages)

So what happens when the manager gets bored or moves on, 90% of the players will leave and they will drop down again. I'm not saying this is anything new but players will play, in the main, for whoever pays the most and you can't blame them

I don't know the facts behind what's happened at Ipswich Wanderers but they are a proper football club run by great people, I do hope they come through it.

Calling all ipswich fans on 21:53 - Nov 9 with 3091 viewsSonOfSpock

Calling all ipswich fans on 21:24 - Nov 9 by 3_5_2

Maybe paying players stupid money in the context of non-professional football is the reason they are going bust.
Calling all ipswich fans on 22:07 - Nov 9 with 3052 viewsCurrie10

Calling all ipswich fans on 21:53 - Nov 9 by SonOfSpock

Maybe paying players stupid money in the context of non-professional football is the reason they are going bust.

Wages are completely wrong in football all down the pyramid.

Whether I like it or not, prem clubs can pay what they wish for players.

Otherwise, every other league even down to the 9th/10th tier are loss leaders more or less!

Even if you bought a little club in the 9th tier, you'd lose $$$ each year.
Calling all ipswich fans on 05:38 - Nov 20 with 2669 viewsBrettenhamBlue

Calling all ipswich fans on 22:07 - Nov 9 by Currie10

Wages are completely wrong in football all down the pyramid.

Whether I like it or not, prem clubs can pay what they wish for players.

Otherwise, every other league even down to the 9th/10th tier are loss leaders more or less!

Even if you bought a little club in the 9th tier, you'd lose $$$ each year.

Think this is worthy of a bump, just as a reminder.

Read about the Merthyr Tydfil situation 2. Sorry times for them

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/crisis-hit-merthyr-tow

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024