Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? 23:35 - Nov 28 with 12612 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Absolute disgrace.

One of my mates was supposed to be in the away end and was amongst the 500 blocked from entering and held outside the away end all game. They were eventually sent back to the train station. Despite having tickets.

Pictures of them all over twitter.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 23:36 - Nov 28 with 6674 viewsRyorry

Why weren't they allowed in??

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 23:42 - Nov 28 with 6649 viewsSwansea_Blue

As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 23:36 - Nov 28 by Ryorry

Not entirely sure, although Palace fans were letting off flares in the ground.

This comes after 5 were arrested for kicking off on Wembley Way at the Spurs match earlier this month. Sound like they've got some right idiots following them around.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 23:45 - Nov 28 with 6640 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 23:36 - Nov 28 by Ryorry

Because earlier in the night, some palace fans that didn't have tickets charged the away end and got in

As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 23:54 - Nov 28 with 6582 viewsRyorry

As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 23:45 - Nov 28 by The_Romford_Blue

Because earlier in the night, some palace fans that didn't have tickets charged the away end and got in

That's terrible - a few of them wrecking it for their fellow fans who'd done nowt wrong.

Thanks for the info.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2017 23:56]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 04:48 - Nov 29 with 6374 viewsBenters

As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 23:45 - Nov 28 by The_Romford_Blue

So it wasnt really a disgrace was it?

Imagine if a few of them had got hurt in a crush to get in,it would have been the Police at fault?

On my last visit to Norwich a few of our lot didnt get far from the station,they got pulled out for letting off smoke bombs innit.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 05:28 - Nov 29 with 6347 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 04:48 - Nov 29 by Benters

Imagine if a few of them had got hurt in a crush to get in,it would have been the Police at fault?

On my last visit to Norwich a few of our lot didnt get far from the station,they got pulled out for letting off smoke bombs innit.

It shouldn't have been allowed to happen that fans who forked out for tickets couldn't get in.

As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 05:32 - Nov 29 with 6341 viewsjeera

As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 04:48 - Nov 29 by Benters

Why would that be the fault of the police?

Did you not read what (allegedly) happened?

"On my last visit to Norwich a few of our lot didnt get far from the station,they got pulled out for letting off smoke bombs innit."

Where are the parallels here?

Edited.

[Post edited 29 Nov 2017 5:38]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 05:37 - Nov 29 with 6319 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 05:32 - Nov 29 by jeera

Why would that be the fault of the police?

Did you not read what (allegedly) happened?

"On my last visit to Norwich a few of our lot didnt get far from the station,they got pulled out for letting off smoke bombs innit."

Where are the parallels here?

Edited.

[Post edited 29 Nov 2017 5:38]

Yep. How that can be compared to Palace fans being stopped from going in despite having tickets.

My mate lives in Crewe (cos he got his bird pregnant so is up north with her and his kid) but still comes down every week to see Palace play. He took today and tomorrow off work for the game, spent £200 on travelling, hotel and ticket and didn't even get to see a ball being kicked. He spent the first half with the police offering no communication whilst the stewards outside the turnstile just ignored them. At half time, they were taken to the train station and sent on their way.

To me, that's an absolute disgrace and typical of how some away supporters get treated in some situations.

Login to get fewer ads

As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 05:44 - Nov 29 with 6308 viewsjeera

As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 05:37 - Nov 29 by The_Romford_Blue

Yep. How that can be compared to Palace fans being stopped from going in despite having tickets.

My mate lives in Crewe (cos he got his bird pregnant so is up north with her and his kid) but still comes down every week to see Palace play. He took today and tomorrow off work for the game, spent £200 on travelling, hotel and ticket and didn't even get to see a ball being kicked. He spent the first half with the police offering no communication whilst the stewards outside the turnstile just ignored them. At half time, they were taken to the train station and sent on their way.

To me, that's an absolute disgrace and typical of how some away supporters get treated in some situations.

I'm more focused on this line here:

"Imagine if a few of them had got hurt in a crush to get in,it would have been the Police at fault? "

The connotations, despite how nasty they may be, are clear.

He can't help himself.

All it takes is to read a little, but the man refuses to do it, preferring instead, to stay in his bubble wrapped in unpleasant views. Truth isn't a requisite. Just unfounded prejudice time and again.

His little mate will be along later to stand up for him and will pretend everyone else who disagrees are part of some club etc...
[Post edited 29 Nov 2017 5:44]

on 05:48 - Nov 29 with 6295 views_

As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 05:44 - Nov 29 by jeera

"Imagine if a few of them had got hurt in a crush to get in,it would have been the Police at fault? "

He can't help himself.

All it takes is to read a little, but the man refuses to do it, preferring instead, to stay in his bubble wrapped in unpleasant views. Truth isn't a requisite. Just unfounded prejudice time and again.

His little mate will be along later to stand up for him and will pretend everyone else who disagrees are part of some club etc...

As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 05:50 - Nov 29 with 6287 viewsjeera

on 05:48 - Nov 29 by _

I've just stuck him back on ignore. It's better that way.

I've tried to engage and be polite but it's waste of effort.

As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 05:50 - Nov 29 with 6275 viewsBenters

As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 05:28 - Nov 29 by The_Romford_Blue

It shouldn't have been allowed to happen that fans who forked out for tickets couldn't get in.

Well if they hadnt been dicks they would have?

Gentlybentley

As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 05:53 - Nov 29 with 6268 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 05:50 - Nov 29 by Benters

Well if they hadnt been dicks they would have?

What part of this are you not understanding?

The ones who didn't get in were not being 'dicks' and had tickets for the game

As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 05:53 - Nov 29 with 6262 viewsjeera

As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 05:53 - Nov 29 by The_Romford_Blue

What part of this are you not understanding?

The ones who didn't get in were not being 'dicks' and had tickets for the game

Forget it.

He's thick.

on 05:54 - Nov 29 with 6256 views_

As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 05:50 - Nov 29 by jeera

As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 05:54 - Nov 29 with 6252 viewsBenters

As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 05:44 - Nov 29 by jeera

He can't help himself.

Do you have anger issues?

What was all that about?

Chill out ffs!

Gentlybentley

As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 05:57 - Nov 29 with 6239 viewsBenters

As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 05:50 - Nov 29 by jeera

Thank the Lord for that!

Gentlybentley

As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 05:59 - Nov 29 with 6230 viewsBenters

on 05:54 - Nov 29 by _

TBH i dont even know what i said to upset this chap?

Oh well never mind.

Gentlybentley

on 06:03 - Nov 29 with 6225 views_

As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 05:59 - Nov 29 by Benters

TBH i dont even know what i said to upset this chap?

Oh well never mind.

As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 06:10 - Nov 29 with 6197 viewsBenters

on 06:03 - Nov 29 by _

Cheers.

Gentlybentley

As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 07:51 - Nov 29 with 5974 viewsJohnny_Boy

So, what I heard from a Palace friend on FB:

One of the fire escapes was charged, which led to hundreds of Palace fans storming into the ground. Stewards had no idea of how many fans were inside the ground & for fear of overcrowding, some fans were either forced to stay outside - or just refused entry.

Sounds like the minority of Palace fans did the damage themselves.
As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 08:00 - Nov 29 with 5937 viewsGlasgowBlue

As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 07:51 - Nov 29 by Johnny_Boy

So, what I heard from a Palace friend on FB:

One of the fire escapes was charged, which led to hundreds of Palace fans storming into the ground. Stewards had no idea of how many fans were inside the ground & for fear of overcrowding, some fans were either forced to stay outside - or just refused entry.

Sounds like the minority of Palace fans did the damage themselves.

That’s how I read it. I’m not sure what the police or stewards were expected to do?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 08:06 - Nov 29 with 5919 viewsJohnny_Boy

As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 08:00 - Nov 29 by GlasgowBlue

That’s how I read it. I’m not sure what the police or stewards were expected to do?

Quite. I feel for the travelling fans, but any anger should be made at their own stupid fans.

And...

Palace / Brighton isn't even a proper rivalry!!!!!! I mean, they hate each other, but not for any particular good reason. Unless getting the hump about how similar the 'Eagles' 'Seagulls' chant is.
As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 08:16 - Nov 29 with 5887 viewsRadlett_blue

As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 08:00 - Nov 29 by GlasgowBlue

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42163508
According to the BBC, some Palace fans "without tickets" forced their way into the ground. This happened AFTER kick off & while I'm not justifying this, perhaps they had tickets & were frustrated that the heavy duty security had stopped them from seeing some of the game, so they took the situation into their own hands?
Perhaps the "hundreds of ticketless fans" allegation from Brighton is a convenient way of deflecting some attention of their failure to deal with the stewarding of the game?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 08:16 - Nov 29 with 5877 viewsGlasgowBlue

As a side note, anyone else seen what happened to the Palace fans tonight? on 08:06 - Nov 29 by Johnny_Boy

Quite. I feel for the travelling fans, but any anger should be made at their own stupid fans.

And...

Palace / Brighton isn't even a proper rivalry!!!!!! I mean, they hate each other, but not for any particular good reason. Unless getting the hump about how similar the 'Eagles' 'Seagulls' chant is.

Simon Jordan was saying yesterday that they only changed their nickname from the Glaziers to the Eagles to win FPS up the Seagulls. The rivalry started when Malcom Alison was Palace manager and Alan Mullery was Brighton manager and they hated each other.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024