Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You can support the team and not the manager 22:07 - Dec 17 with 7230 viewsonceablue

I don't really like McCarthy and it started with the criticism so strongly of the fans

But I love the club and the football we are playing at the moment is half decent particularly when Waghorn Celina involved

I justify going to the games knowing that I will never sing MM's name again, that is my protest

Should you stop gong cos you don't like the manager I wouldn't

You can support the team and not the manager on 10:24 - Dec 18 with 1534 viewsSomethingBlue

You can support the team and not the manager on 08:01 - Dec 18 by Johnny_Boy

Playing Chambers at RB for a ridiculously long period of time - instead of going out and finding a natural player for that position.

That was exceptional man-management skills from a coach of 40yrs.
You could equally argue it was a stubborn move.

Or that it worked during our most successful period under Mick so there was little reason to change it — and then, yes, went on for a season too long I agree.

If you think you know football better than Mick, as per the chap I was replying to, then fair enough.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

You can support the team and not the manager on 10:40 - Dec 18 with 1514 viewsJohnny_Boy

You can support the team and not the manager on 10:24 - Dec 18 by SomethingBlue

Or that it worked during our most successful period under Mick so there was little reason to change it — and then, yes, went on for a season too long I agree.

If you think you know football better than Mick, as per the chap I was replying to, then fair enough.

Look, he's got things right - he's also got things wrong as well. David Wright has never really been replaced (too early to tell if Josh E is going to flourish regularly). So it's not all MM's fault. This has been an issue for a while at ITFC.
You can support the team and not the manager on 19:19 - Dec 18 with 1465 viewsjeera

"and the football we are playing at the moment is half decent particularly when Waghorn Celina involved"

The football that is playing by itself and the players who signed themselves.

Damn McCarthy for just being there in the way of it all.

Feck me he gets the blame when we're crap, but when we're not it's for some other reason.

It's not hard to see what there is to disagree with in your OP.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2017 19:25]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

You can support the team and not the manager on 21:19 - Dec 18 with 1431 viewsPilgrimblue

You can support the team and not the manager on 08:32 - Dec 18 by artsbossbeard

" He is basically saying he knows more than the fans"

Well....

He probably does and I guess you could find plenty of managers who stick by certain players.

But MM has a style and I dare say if he had better funding he might well prove it works. To some extent he has this season with the signings he made as the team moves much better particularly against Reading who kept possession but did little. Possession for the sake of it is a waste and I felt that our closing down was excellent and counter-attacking more effective.

So lets move on and give team and manager our support 100%. It can only get better.
You can support the team and not the manager on 11:31 - Dec 19 with 1392 viewsNo9

Unfortunately after 5 years it is difficult to separate MM from the 'club' particularly when the MD and the Owner are fully supportinve of MM & what he does (or doesn't do).
You can support the team and not the manager (n/t) on 11:57 - Dec 19 with 1386 viewsmarcus1642

You can support the team and not the manager on 12:22 - Dec 19 with 1377 viewsmarcus1642

I agree with all of your points.

The trouble with Mick is he thinks he is above criticism. Being critical of a manager is hardly a modern invention either is it. Surely even he must realise it goes with the territory of being a manager, and how you handle the criticism is extremely important, and despite the bluster Mick comes out with, he is listening to the fans whether he is willing to admit this is another thing all together.

Mick hasn't helped his own cause by being very ambiguous about his own contract situation. If Mick is as good a manager as he likes to think he is and given his contract situation, why have none of the bigger teams come in for him yet?.

I've always got the impression from Mick, that being the manager of Ipswich is a little bit below his status.
You can support the team and not the manager on 13:07 - Dec 19 with 1360 viewsKeaneish

You can support the team and not the manager on 22:57 - Dec 17 by Tendring_Blue

How have Mick's comments become so overblown and taken out of context is unbelievable.

Everything he has said is true and correct.

He said, "Tabby is different class" every week for a whole season so i'd like to dispute that claim.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024