Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Mick be allowed to sell Moore? 10:55 - Jan 2 with 5539 viewsGlasgowBlue

Having stated that he will decide in his own future at the end of the season should he be allowed to sell a player who may be just what the next manager needs?

We aren’t going up and we aren’t going down. Now would be the time to clarify the future of the club’s managerial direction and all players should have a clean slate with the new man.

If Moore goes I’d suggest that is a strong hint that Mick will be here this time next year.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Should Mick be allowed to sell Moore? on 12:26 - Jan 2 with 1424 viewsBenters2

Should Mick be allowed to sell Moore? on 11:38 - Jan 2 by Illinoisblue

Depressingly it feels like it doesn’t really matter that much; we’re a club that’s at best stagnating and at worst continuing on a downward spiral.

Cheer up im sure we will be splashing out soon.
Should Mick be allowed to sell Moore? on 12:28 - Jan 2 with 1422 viewsHerbivore

Should Mick be allowed to sell Moore? on 12:22 - Jan 2 by imsureazzure

Perhaps that is why MM should not be allowed a say? McGoldrick is potentially our best player when fit but he does not play enough games ( he also has some real stinkers).

Evans must think the manager turned him over in persuading him to turn down the bid of £7m.

Although when we turned down the bid he hadn't had his major injury issues here, so it's a really with hindsight that it looks like we should've taken it. Nobody was complaining at the time.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Should Mick be allowed to sell Moore? on 12:29 - Jan 2 with 1418 viewsHerbivore

Should Mick be allowed to sell Moore? on 12:21 - Jan 2 by Illinoisblue

Upward trajectory is a low bar though after our worst league finish in 50 years. Fair point about the injury situation; a couple of loans won’t be enough to cover the loss of an entire midfield

Downes, Skuse and Nydam are close to fitness. It's really someone in the Huws mould we could do with to give us a bit of extra spark. Things really aren't that bad, they're just rather dull. That could change if we manage to put a run together.

I'd imagine that.... on 12:30 - Jan 2 with 1415 viewsBloots

Should Mick be allowed to sell Moore? on 12:26 - Jan 2 by Benters2

....you're a bit old for that type of thing now.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Should Mick be allowed to sell Moore? on 12:34 - Jan 2 with 1405 viewsimsureazzure

Should Mick be allowed to sell Moore? on 12:26 - Jan 2 by Radlett_blue

With the benefit of hindsight, we should have taken the £7m, but I'm sure most of it would have been used to reduce losses rather then reinvested in the squad, while the timing of the 11th hour bid was unfortunate. The interesting decision is what do we do now, as McG is out of contract in the summer. Would you offer a substantial new deal to so injury prone a player?

Definitely not, he is 30 and will be on the way down, not against keeping him but not an improved deal, he has class In spades but has really gone missing in games against better sides.
Should Mick be allowed to sell Moore? on 12:54 - Jan 2 with 1381 viewshomer_123

Should Mick be allowed to sell Moore? on 12:24 - Jan 2 by Herbivore

The summer before we spent money on Webster and Ward as well as decent loan fees for the likes of Lawrence. We are underfunded compared to the big spenders in this league but it's by such a massive distance that we can't really begin to conceive of bridging that gap, I think the issue is that our strategy means you're not going to get the players you want all that often. How many Garners and Waghorns are there, realistically? We picked them up for under a million, I can't imagine too many players of their ability are around at that kind of value. Same with the likes of Ward and Webster, Ward cost £500k and although he's been hit and miss that was still a good price for a Prem youngster with a successful loan spell at this level under his belt. We look at it and say 'imagine what we could do with another few million' but I think in reality there aren't enough quality players available in our budget that an extra few million would do much. To really improve the squad you're looking at tens of millions I expect, not just a bit extra.

'but I think in reality there aren't enough quality players available in our budget that an extra few million would do much'

I'd disagree and point to the fact that Mick has shown this to be the case.

We are not going to compete with the big spenders but if the investment had been consistent during each window, then I do believe Mick would be in a better position squad wise and we'd see a generally stronger in-depth squad.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Should Mick be allowed to sell Moore? on 12:59 - Jan 2 with 1378 viewsitfcjoe

This one strikes me as an Evans deal, if anything it hints at Mick going. Sell a potential long term player to bring in a short term fix to cover an injury crisis.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Should Mick be allowed to sell Moore? on 13:03 - Jan 2 with 1369 viewsHerbivore

Should Mick be allowed to sell Moore? on 12:54 - Jan 2 by homer_123

'but I think in reality there aren't enough quality players available in our budget that an extra few million would do much'

I'd disagree and point to the fact that Mick has shown this to be the case.

We are not going to compete with the big spenders but if the investment had been consistent during each window, then I do believe Mick would be in a better position squad wise and we'd see a generally stronger in-depth squad.

I disagree. As I said in my previous post it's easy to look at Mick's signings and imagine that he could have brought in another 4 or 5 of them with just another £2m to £3m investment but the reality is that there just aren't that many players around that fall into the incredible bargain category that Mick is shopping in. If there were loads more Waghorns and Garners or Websters and Wards out there for the money we paid for them I'm sure Evans would back Mick to bring them in. I don't think it's a lack of backing so much as a lack of viable targets within our budget.

Login to get fewer ads

Should Mick be allowed to sell Moore? on 13:07 - Jan 2 with 1361 viewsDyland

Should Mick be allowed to sell Moore? on 12:26 - Jan 2 by Benters2

If we only we had the extra odd half a million quid revenue each month that Derby get from gate receipts to cover wages and signings eh?

;)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Should Mick be allowed to sell Moore? on 14:18 - Jan 2 with 1326 viewsNo9

Should Mick be allowed to sell Moore? on 11:01 - Jan 2 by Swailsey

Does Mick have the final say over transfers, or is his hand forced slightly?

With Cresswell/Mings, wasn't the money a 'bonkers' bid? Is it MM or ME who defines bonkers?

Agreed, enough has been said to suggest MM can only advise
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024