Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January Sales... 18:21 - Jan 4 with 1768 viewsx123456789

Looks like Bart, McGoldrick and Moore could all be off, for what sounds like a combined sum of £5-7m, according to what you choose to believe.

It's actually a reasonably large amount of money, which could make a difference to the squad, particularly if you consider some of the players we have picked up over the years on the cheap; Mings, Waghorn, Mcg, Webster etc.

My main issue with the current team though is that it feels like it's predominantly made up of average, and a few above average, Championship level players - the best of which are injury prone. I'm not confident we're just missing one piece of the jigsaw puzzle, though some obviously believe that piece to be McCarthy.

Where would you therefore spend the money? I would want to see it invested in a number of young, promising players from divisions below - prospects - some of which may fail, but enough of them that a few could be game changers and lead to a promotion push in a few seasons. It would also give better depth to the squad whilst fitting the financial 'plan'
January Sales... on 18:44 - Jan 4 with 1720 viewsRegencyBlue

Given our owners current business model you can rest assured not much of this money will be used to strengthen the squad!
January Sales... on 19:30 - Jan 4 with 1674 viewsx123456789

January Sales... on 18:44 - Jan 4 by RegencyBlue

Given our owners current business model you can rest assured not much of this money will be used to strengthen the squad!

Yes, that hit me as the obvious outcome straight after posting it as I reflected a little more on the recent money from Mings and Murphy. I decided to try and forget about it all though, rather than edit the post and dwell on it any longer!
January Sales... on 21:16 - Jan 4 with 1598 viewsWestSussexBlue

Your Vision is pretty much the same as mine and the only way I can ever see Town becoming serious promotion contenders again.
This is where a young, hungry manager comes in, the only downside to this is that even if all went to plan I’d still expect at least 3-4 seasons of championship football.
January Sales... on 21:23 - Jan 4 with 1572 viewsEly_Blue

Not to worry with Bart, we won’t sell him until we have a replacement surely, we never do that do we........ oh wait I forgot about Murphy

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

January Sales... on 21:41 - Jan 4 with 1521 viewsitfctim

A promising player from divisions below?...a prospect?...like the one we currently own and are seemingly not prepared to give a further chance to, even though he was sent out on loan to improve as a player, and clearly has. If he had been sent out on loan by a rival championship club, achieved what he has, and Ipswich came in for him, I feel sure it would have been well received. What with Didz possibly going, it just makes no sense to me to offload Moore as well (untried for us since a successful loan period)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024