Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maitlland-Niles playing well tonight 21:04 - Jan 3 with 4493 viewsSuperfrans

Starting to get a regular start for Arsenal.
Decent chance of making the World Cup Finals squad?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Maitlland-Niles playing well tonight on 21:06 - Jan 3 with 4485 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Been a brilliant game hasn’t it

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Maitlland-Niles playing well tonight on 21:16 - Jan 3 with 4448 viewsSuperfrans

Maitlland-Niles playing well tonight on 21:06 - Jan 3 by The_Romford_Blue

Really good game. Never a pen though, horrible dive from Hazard.

Maitlland-Niles playing well tonight on 21:22 - Jan 3 with 4431 viewsSuperfrans

Maitlland-Niles playing well tonight on 21:06 - Jan 3 by The_Romford_Blue

Gary Neville knows a thing about full backs and seems to have been very impressed with AMN,

Maitlland-Niles playing well tonight on 21:52 - Jan 3 with 4366 viewsCurrie10

Shows how far Arsenal have fallen for grace someone like this becoming a regular for them.

Regular prem league, perhaps, but regular for the Gooners!? Utterly laughable.
Maitlland-Niles playing well tonight on 21:57 - Jan 3 with 4351 viewsStenvict

Maitlland-Niles playing well tonight on 21:52 - Jan 3 by Currie10

Shows how far Arsenal have fallen for grace someone like this becoming a regular for them.

Tbf, AMN was only 17 when he was with us and did well enough for the first half of the season. Also, nobody really knew his best position at the time.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Maitlland-Niles playing well tonight on 21:58 - Jan 3 with 4349 viewsnorth_stand77

He did play really well tho
Maitlland-Niles playing well tonight on 22:16 - Jan 3 with 4290 viewsSuperfrans

I presume you’ve seen him play for Arsenal. He was 17yo when he played for us.

Maitlland-Niles playing well tonight on 22:17 - Jan 3 with 4283 viewsSimonds92

Maitlland-Niles playing well tonight on 21:58 - Jan 3 by north_stand77

He did play really well tho

He won't make it. Was definitely at fault for the 2nd goal. May get away with that with Wenger as he doesn't mind half arsed players but long term he's not good enough. He's quick and that's all.
Login to get fewer ads

Maitlland-Niles playing well tonight on 22:21 - Jan 3 with 4270 viewsRadlett_blue

Maitlland-Niles playing well tonight on 22:16 - Jan 3 by Superfrans

18 in August of that season, though that's still very young to be playing regular Championship football.
Interestingly, Arsenal didn't loan him out again (when I thought they would) & he spent last season playing U23 football plus the odd cup game. Still only 20 & looks to be developing nicely.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Maitlland-Niles playing well tonight on 22:27 - Jan 3 with 4253 viewsReuser_is_God

Neville was gushing about him.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Maitlland-Niles playing well tonight on 00:17 - Jan 4 with 4142 viewsSuperfrans

Maitlland-Niles playing well tonight on 22:17 - Jan 3 by Simonds92

He won't make it. Was definitely at fault for the 2nd goal. May get away with that with Wenger as he doesn't mind half arsed players but long term he's not good enough. He's quick and that's all.

Well, time will tell. But I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss a 20 year old’s career, to be honest.

Maitlland-Niles playing well tonight on 00:37 - Jan 4 with 4130 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Maitlland-Niles playing well tonight on 22:27 - Jan 3 by Reuser_is_God

Neville was gushing about him.

That’s the third game on sky lately Neville has seen him and been raving

I thought he was good for us early in the season before fading. He’s looked excellent for arsenal though. Calmer and maturer.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Maitlland-Niles playing well tonight on 07:39 - Jan 4 with 4011 viewsSteve_M

It's almost like he was young and faded during a tough season here isn't it?

Really enjoyed that match last night, contrast between Chelsea sitting back and cutting through Arsenal when they put a good attack together and Arsenal's patient probing around a packed defence.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Maitlland-Niles playing well tonight on 08:18 - Jan 4 with 3947 viewsRadlett_blue

Maitlland-Niles playing well tonight on 00:17 - Jan 4 by Superfrans

Well, time will tell. But I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss a 20 year old’s career, to be honest.

And also I don't think full back is really his position, though he was only really exposed once last night.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Maitlland-Niles playing well tonight on 09:30 - Jan 4 with 3872 viewsCurrie10

Maitlland-Niles playing well tonight on 22:16 - Jan 3 by Superfrans

I didn't see last nights game and am pleased he performed well.

I have however seen him play a couple of times for the gunners - away at West Ham being one.

He's a decent player sure - and will improve.

However, for him to now becoming a regular of Arsenal really does indicate for me how far backwards they've gone.

He wouldn't have been anywhere near the side with Pires and co, however Arsenal have gone backwards and these days are fighting top be top 4.

Line up wise that's the worst Arsenal 11 I can recall for a league game since something like 1996.
Maitlland-Niles playing well tonight on 09:34 - Jan 4 with 3862 viewsSW6Tractor

Mr Wenger must have tired from fielding calls from Mrs Maitland-Niles.

He did not look out of place at all. Only put a foot wrong once or twice against a very good side in a tough match. Good luck to the lad, did well here for a 17 year old. Should help our (invaluable these days) cause in continuing to recruit young loanees from top sides.
Maitlland-Niles playing well tonight on 10:00 - Jan 4 with 3837 viewsCurrie10

Maitlland-Niles playing well tonight on 09:34 - Jan 4 by SW6Tractor

Mr Wenger must have tired from fielding calls from Mrs Maitland-Niles.

He did not look out of place at all. Only put a foot wrong once or twice against a very good side in a tough match. Good luck to the lad, did well here for a 17 year old. Should help our (invaluable these days) cause in continuing to recruit young loanees from top sides.

He did well FIRST HALF of the season and tired second. Infact second half,,,, I'd rather we sent him back frankly!

That ' tackle ' at Bolton still rankles with me to this day, so did his completely inept subs appearance at Huddersfield when we won and his ' workrate ' would have made a completely shot / drugs taken ruined Mario Jardel at Bolton ( formerly world class ) look energetic.

Wish him well for the future and be interested how long he stays at Arsenal, whether he can get into the England reckoning!
Maitlland-Niles playing well tonight on 10:12 - Jan 4 with 3821 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Maitlland-Niles playing well tonight on 22:17 - Jan 3 by Simonds92

Given that he’s getting regular appearances for Arsenal and started their 2 most recent big matches (vs Liverpool and Chelsea), one could argue that he has made it

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Maitlland-Niles playing well tonight on 10:33 - Jan 4 with 3800 viewsSuperfrans

Maitlland-Niles playing well tonight on 08:18 - Jan 4 by Radlett_blue

And also I don't think full back is really his position, though he was only really exposed once last night.

No indeed, the view there is that he’s a central midfielder. Notable also that he was on the left last night, while he played most games on the right for us. He’s developing into a pretty flexible young player.

Maitlland-Niles playing well tonight on 10:40 - Jan 4 with 3783 viewschicoazul

Maitlland-Niles playing well tonight on 07:39 - Jan 4 by Steve_M

It's almost like he was young and faded during a tough season here isn't it?

Really enjoyed that match last night, contrast between Chelsea sitting back and cutting through Arsenal when they put a good attack together and Arsenal's patient probing around a packed defence.

Bodes well for us in a lot of ways too. AMN, Lawrence, Fraser, all developed very nicely with us, 2 of whom regulars in their first teams and the other sold for a good chunk of cash. Celine probably wont get in the City first team for a while if at all but they could sell him if they wanted for a very decent fee.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Maitlland-Niles playing well tonight on 10:49 - Jan 4 with 3775 viewsSimonds92

Maitlland-Niles playing well tonight on 10:12 - Jan 4 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Given that he’s getting regular appearances for Arsenal and started their 2 most recent big matches (vs Liverpool and Chelsea), one could argue that he has made it

There's been numerous players through the years that have come on the scene at big teams and not kicked on. I just can't see him playing in a top 6 team consistently.
Maitlland-Niles playing well tonight on 18:17 - Jan 4 with 3664 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Maitlland-Niles playing well tonight on 10:49 - Jan 4 by Simonds92

There's been numerous players through the years that have come on the scene at big teams and not kicked on. I just can't see him playing in a top 6 team consistently.

Started regularly through December and now Jan, including their 2 biggest games (Liverpool and Chelsea)...

Top 6 regular may not be sustained, but he certainly looks well on the way to being a regular Premier League player at the very least

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Maitlland-Niles playing well tonight on 21:12 - Jan 4 with 3625 views3_5_2

Maitlland-Niles playing well tonight on 10:12 - Jan 4 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

This

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024