Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Think I’d like to see Warburton here next. 23:43 - Jan 6 with 2584 viewstextbackup

Seems a decent bloke, eye for a player, plays some nice stuff (based on what I remember of his Brentford team)

He’s also been a sporting director, so could help ME learn a thing or two
[Post edited 6 Jan 2018 23:43]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Think I’d like to see Warburton here next. on 23:46 - Jan 6 with 2561 viewsTampa_Florida_Blue

I was thinking about that the other day when forrest let him go.
Think I’d like to see Warburton here next. on 23:48 - Jan 6 with 2549 viewstextbackup

Think I’d like to see Warburton here next. on 23:46 - Jan 6 by Tampa_Florida_Blue

I was thinking about that the other day when forrest let him go.

Can imagine him talking highly of the club and really appreciating what we once were

Think I’d like to see Warburton here next. on 23:51 - Jan 6 with 2531 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I want Ainsworth as our next manager

He’d see us as a big club and a big job, he’s always seemed like he respects that the fans make a club, he’s a good manager, his Wycombe side were in the league 2 relegation zone when he came in, they play good football and, quite frankly, he seems like a perfect fit for us.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Think I’d like to see Warburton here next. on 23:55 - Jan 6 with 2499 viewstextbackup

Think I’d like to see Warburton here next. on 23:51 - Jan 6 by The_Romford_Blue

I want Ainsworth as our next manager

He’d see us as a big club and a big job, he’s always seemed like he respects that the fans make a club, he’s a good manager, his Wycombe side were in the league 2 relegation zone when he came in, they play good football and, quite frankly, he seems like a perfect fit for us.

Got quality hair too

Think I’d like to see Warburton here next. on 00:01 - Jan 7 with 2476 viewsrosseden

He’s had money to spend at Brentford, rangers and forest.

When it looked like mick might go couple years back he was my first choice for sure, think he’d be an interesting appointment for us but it’s tricky to know if we’d appeal to him

Poll: can the majority of twtd users count?
Blog: [Blog] To Deal or Not to Deal, That is the Question?

Think I’d like to see Warburton here next. on 00:03 - Jan 7 with 2458 viewstextbackup

Think I’d like to see Warburton here next. on 00:01 - Jan 7 by rosseden

He’s had money to spend at Brentford, rangers and forest.

When it looked like mick might go couple years back he was my first choice for sure, think he’d be an interesting appointment for us but it’s tricky to know if we’d appeal to him

Not massive funds (more than here tho I agree) would like to see him Working with our young lads

Think I’d like to see Warburton here next. on 00:06 - Jan 7 with 2449 viewsrosseden

Think I’d like to see Warburton here next. on 00:03 - Jan 7 by textbackup

Not massive funds (more than here tho I agree) would like to see him Working with our young lads

I think I’m right in saying when he left investment banking (with plenty of cash to stop working!) he was working with youth players at Watford or somewhere like that before he stepped up and up again.

It’s hard to know what sort of manager we would appeal to in the current climate. You’d hope we’d appeal to many, but some want guarantees of funds rather than security. So who knows.

Edit. Bit of a google and he talks a good game about being frugal and sensible and spending within means. So could be a appealing both ways
[Post edited 7 Jan 2018 0:09]

Think I’d like to see Warburton here next. on 00:16 - Jan 7 with 2415 viewsLord_Lucan

Think I’d like to see Warburton here next. on 00:03 - Jan 7 by textbackup

And that's what it's all about. We could have the best youngsters on the planet but they would look at our current first team and think b0llocks to that.

In fact I think you or another were saying once that that situation with academy management and first team management was happening, the youngsters were playing a completely different brand of football.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Think I’d like to see Warburton here next. on 00:23 - Jan 7 with 2383 viewsNorthstaNder

Always preferred Warburton over the rest. Especially their wholemeal. Yum.
Think I’d like to see Warburton here next. on 00:28 - Jan 7 with 2367 viewsrosseden

Think I’d like to see Warburton here next. on 00:16 - Jan 7 by Lord_Lucan

And that's what it's all about. We could have the best youngsters on the planet but they would look at our current first team and think b0llocks to that.

In fact I think you or another were saying once that that situation with academy management and first team management was happening, the youngsters were playing a completely different brand of football.

Our youth team play great football. Fast snappy passing, movement, dribbling, good movement off the ball too.

But it’s a different level. The champ is brutal. But the ethos is there. What about mark Kennedy. Was youth here before going to Man City and Nash took over. Longer term wouldn’t mind those guys getting a chance....

Think I’d like to see Warburton here next. on 00:35 - Jan 7 with 2345 viewsKieran_Knows

He has his own ‘Sporting Director’ in Frank McParland now, but I wouldn’t be against appointing him.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Think I’d like to see Warburton here next. on 00:36 - Jan 7 with 2348 viewstextbackup

Think I’d like to see Warburton here next. on 00:16 - Jan 7 by Lord_Lucan

THE exact phrase used from within was ‘we train the young lads to be plumbers then expect to join the first team and be electricians’

Think I’d like to see Warburton here next. on 00:44 - Jan 7 with 2331 viewsLord_Lucan

Think I’d like to see Warburton here next. on 00:35 - Jan 7 by Kieran_Knows

He has his own ‘Sporting Director’ in Frank McParland now, but I wouldn’t be against appointing him.

Well I think we can expect things to happen anytime soon............although if the right man doesn't come along then Mick Mac will stay on until then.

Marcus will seek advice (not from Arry) and he will swoop. One thing about ME, when he makes a decision he makes a decision. I can't really remember the build up to Mick Mack coming but Keane was straight out of the blue and I don't remember Jewell being spoke about until he arrived - but I was in the Far East at the time I think.

ME gets a lot of stick but he has previously chucked money in and he does still bail the club out - and he doesn't knee jerk, all managers get loads of time and are left to get on with it without interference.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Think I’d like to see Warburton here next. on 00:55 - Jan 7 with 2305 viewsKieran_Knows

Think I’d like to see Warburton here next. on 00:44 - Jan 7 by Lord_Lucan

Well I think we can expect things to happen anytime soon............although if the right man doesn't come along then Mick Mac will stay on until then.

Marcus will seek advice (not from Arry) and he will swoop. One thing about ME, when he makes a decision he makes a decision. I can't really remember the build up to Mick Mack coming but Keane was straight out of the blue and I don't remember Jewell being spoke about until he arrived - but I was in the Far East at the time I think.

ME gets a lot of stick but he has previously chucked money in and he does still bail the club out - and he doesn't knee jerk, all managers get loads of time and are left to get on with it without interference.

Certainly agree with your last point, he sticks by his managers (rightly or wrongly), so we may still be seen as an attractive proposition to another manager (lower league or experienced).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Think I’d like to see Warburton here next. on 01:01 - Jan 7 with 2289 viewsLord_Lucan

Think I’d like to see Warburton here next. on 00:55 - Jan 7 by Kieran_Knows

Certainly agree with your last point, he sticks by his managers (rightly or wrongly), so we may still be seen as an attractive proposition to another manager (lower league or experienced).

That's a good point actually and one I hadn't really considered.

A manager coming in pretty much knows he is going to get time to see out his project.

Think I’d like to see Warburton here next. on 01:07 - Jan 7 with 2261 viewsrosseden

Think I’d like to see Warburton here next. on 01:01 - Jan 7 by Lord_Lucan

That's a good point actually and one I hadn't really considered.

A manager coming in pretty much knows he is going to get time to see out his project.

Something Warburton wasn’t really given at rangers and definitely wasn’t given at forest. They’re only just below us

Think I’d like to see Warburton here next. on 07:12 - Jan 7 with 2047 viewsFtnfwest

Of the more experienced group of managers yes. Amazed he got the boot so early at forest although I think it was the change of ownership and them wanting their own man or something
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024