Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The last six paragraphs of this from Stuart Watson ... 20:39 - Jan 28 with 4588 viewsSomethingBlue

... absolutely nail it.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/stuart-watson-s-sunday-verdict-ipswich-town-fans-nee

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The last six paragraphs of this from Stuart Watson ... on 20:44 - Jan 28 with 4523 viewsITFC_Forever

Yes, except that ST renewals are sent out in March with the Early Bird deadline in April these days and have been for the last few years.

We’re probably only 6 weeks or so away from that now, and “doing nothing” as regard to the manager’s position simply isn’t an option.
How can ME expect to flog tickets for next season when it isn’t clear what the product is that he’s selling?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The last six paragraphs of this from Stuart Watson ... on 20:52 - Jan 28 with 4478 viewstextbackup

The last six paragraphs of this from Stuart Watson ... on 20:44 - Jan 28 by ITFC_Forever

Yes, except that ST renewals are sent out in March with the Early Bird deadline in April these days and have been for the last few years.

We’re probably only 6 weeks or so away from that now, and “doing nothing” as regard to the manager’s position simply isn’t an option.
How can ME expect to flog tickets for next season when it isn’t clear what the product is that he’s selling?

Said the other day, not being dramatic, but if he's here next year I can't carry on going. It's just pointless. Why waste my time and money supporting such a pointless existance as ITFC. Years I've had a ST and everyone has a breaking point, think I'm there now.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The last six paragraphs of this from Stuart Watson ... on 20:58 - Jan 28 with 4447 viewsTheDailyTractor

Tbh I admired his questions in the wolves press conference before the game and this is spot on. Shame they were ignored but it's pointless asking anymore. We won't get an answer till may and that's the end of it unfortunately.
The last six paragraphs of this from Stuart Watson ... on 21:01 - Jan 28 with 4435 viewsIllinoisblue

Watson has blossomed this year; seems to really get the situation and why the natives are restless.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The last six paragraphs of this from Stuart Watson ... on 21:04 - Jan 28 with 4423 viewsSomethingBlue

The last six paragraphs of this from Stuart Watson ... on 20:52 - Jan 28 by textbackup

Said the other day, not being dramatic, but if he's here next year I can't carry on going. It's just pointless. Why waste my time and money supporting such a pointless existance as ITFC. Years I've had a ST and everyone has a breaking point, think I'm there now.

Really, though, as Stuart says so well, the issue is much bigger than Mick. You *must* see beyond that.

The last six paragraphs of this from Stuart Watson ... on 21:23 - Jan 28 with 4355 viewsBloomBlue

He did get one piece correct ... just look at the mess that the likes of Portsmouth, Blackpool, Charlton and Coventry all got themselves into.
Not everything is broken. Far from it. This is a relatively stable club in a bewildering era of boom and bust.

ME has kept us alive and the £6m a year he has put in is keeping us stable
The last six paragraphs of this from Stuart Watson ... on 21:40 - Jan 28 with 4285 viewsIllinoisblue

The last six paragraphs of this from Stuart Watson ... on 21:23 - Jan 28 by BloomBlue

He did get one piece correct ... just look at the mess that the likes of Portsmouth, Blackpool, Charlton and Coventry all got themselves into.
Not everything is broken. Far from it. This is a relatively stable club in a bewildering era of boom and bust.

ME has kept us alive and the £6m a year he has put in is keeping us stable

you missed THE most important part: "This club needs positive, passionate figureheads who can inspire, galvanise and unite an increasingly disillusioned, cynical and fractured fanbase"

62 - 78 - 81

The last six paragraphs of this from Stuart Watson ... on 21:45 - Jan 28 with 4248 viewsSomethingBlue

The last six paragraphs of this from Stuart Watson ... on 21:40 - Jan 28 by Illinoisblue

you missed THE most important part: "This club needs positive, passionate figureheads who can inspire, galvanise and unite an increasingly disillusioned, cynical and fractured fanbase"

That is exactly it. Most of our problems come down to money but a lot is on the shoulders of individuals too. Where is the spirit, drive and vision Watson speaks of? On a side note I was at Newport yesterday and, from talking and listening to people, the bond between town and team was unlike anything I've seen in years — they *love* their club there, quite aside from the fact it was Spurs in town. How do we get that back?

Login to get fewer ads

The last six paragraphs of this from Stuart Watson ... on 22:41 - Jan 28 with 4061 viewsIllinoisblue

The last six paragraphs of this from Stuart Watson ... on 21:45 - Jan 28 by SomethingBlue

That is exactly it. Most of our problems come down to money but a lot is on the shoulders of individuals too. Where is the spirit, drive and vision Watson speaks of? On a side note I was at Newport yesterday and, from talking and listening to people, the bond between town and team was unlike anything I've seen in years — they *love* their club there, quite aside from the fact it was Spurs in town. How do we get that back?

this is the heart of all our woes, I think. That sense of unity, of belonging is gone. Evans can parachute in a Clegg or a Milne to be "the face" but it's as hollow as it is painful. It needs someone with an ITFC connection, or at least an obvious love for the club, to be the voice/face/visible person with whom fans can connect. A Terry Baxter or a Simon Milton comes to mind.

Create a new role of "Operations Manager" or something similar - someone fans can email when the catering is rubbish or the screens on the concourse don't work. These little things matter. This would of course only be a small step and won't magically solve the problem of a club drifting along, but it would be a start and a glimmer of recognition from the powers that be that something has to be done.

Crazy as it sounds about someone who's pumping in x millions a year, the overriding sense of Evans is of someone who just doesn't care that much.

62 - 78 - 81

The last six paragraphs of this from Stuart Watson ... on 05:18 - Jan 29 with 3825 viewsBenters2

The last six paragraphs of this from Stuart Watson ... on 20:52 - Jan 28 by textbackup

It is sad i had a season away last season,i just did a couple of London away days.

Believe me you are not alone feeling like that.

Sad times.
The last six paragraphs of this from Stuart Watson ... on 05:53 - Jan 29 with 3793 viewspowinswitch

Sadly me too. If he he’s here next year then I am gone. My cousin who i go with has already decided not to renew.
The last six paragraphs of this from Stuart Watson ... on 06:03 - Jan 29 with 3785 viewsBenters2

The last six paragraphs of this from Stuart Watson ... on 05:53 - Jan 29 by powinswitch

Sadly me too. If he he’s here next year then I am gone. My cousin who i go with has already decided not to renew.

We need something to be said from our 'Glorious owner' and his puppet on what they have planned for the club.

I wouldnt try and hold your breath though waiting.

*Waits for the 'Blue Tints' to stir and say why should they tell us* Well like it or not they may own/run the club,but a club is nothing without its fans.
The last six paragraphs of this from Stuart Watson ... on 07:27 - Jan 29 with 3655 viewschicoazul

Pulis had a real problem at West Brom because he put results above everything and when the results go there is very little goodwill to fall back on. MMc has the same problem. Watson is dead right about MMc causing some of the damage by the pass-agg tone he always adopts in pressers and after matches.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The last six paragraphs of this from Stuart Watson ... on 07:29 - Jan 29 with 3650 viewsblue75

I think Evans has to make McCarthy’s position clear by the middle of March if not sooner! I for one will not be renewing if McCarthy is still manager. Against wolves I only manager about 30 minutes watching the game the rest I spent in the bar, it would be a lot cheaper and more entertaining down my local watching the reports and scores come in on sky.

Poll: Should McCarthy be sacked after telling Ipswich fans where to go?

The last six paragraphs of this from Stuart Watson ... on 07:43 - Jan 29 with 3611 viewstextbackup

The last six paragraphs of this from Stuart Watson ... on 21:04 - Jan 28 by SomethingBlue

Really, though, as Stuart says so well, the issue is much bigger than Mick. You *must* see beyond that.

Completely understand that, I promise you I hate Evans just as much. But the two simply can’t work together. But there’s more chance of MM going than ME. I’ll be back next season providing one or the other isn’t here.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The last six paragraphs of this from Stuart Watson ... on 08:02 - Jan 29 with 3568 viewsBenters2

The last six paragraphs of this from Stuart Watson ... on 07:29 - Jan 29 by blue75

I think Evans has to make McCarthy’s position clear by the middle of March if not sooner! I for one will not be renewing if McCarthy is still manager. Against wolves I only manager about 30 minutes watching the game the rest I spent in the bar, it would be a lot cheaper and more entertaining down my local watching the reports and scores come in on sky.

Loads of people in my local who are town fans/supporters is that the right term?Who sit there with a pint watching the scores come through.
The last six paragraphs of this from Stuart Watson ... on 13:34 - Jan 29 with 3252 viewsNo9

ITFC is a prt of Mr Evans world wide empire

Who in Ipswich /Suffolk /East Anglia will buy him out?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024