Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not sure why no one has mentioned Gary Monk - is he that bad? 13:25 - Feb 8 with 2008 viewsITFCBluenose

Of course only if MM leaves.

Poll: Which striker would you sign from Wolves -Sylvan Ebanks-Blake or Kevin Doyle

Not sure why no one has mentioned Gary Monk - is he that bad? on 13:28 - Feb 8 with 1994 viewsJ2BLUE

He's just a bit of a bell. I'd prefer us to steer clear.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

on 13:29 - Feb 8 with 1993 views_

Not sure why no one has mentioned Gary Monk - is he that bad? on 13:30 - Feb 8 with 1991 viewsitfcjoe

I think a bit like Sherwood, he is seen as quite smug.

But he did an excellent job at Leeds, I like him - his assistant who he didn't take to Middlesborough has just got the boot at Oxford so maybe getting those 2 back together could work again like it has previously

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Not sure why no one has mentioned Gary Monk - is he that bad? on 13:30 - Feb 8 with 1979 viewsGuthrum

IMO he's not that good, either. The only club where he's really succeeded was Swansea, where he was already well embedded as a player. Did reasonably OK at Leeds, not so much at Boro.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

on 13:32 - Feb 8 with 1974 views_

Not sure why no one has mentioned Gary Monk - is he that bad? on 13:30 - Feb 8 by itfcjoe

But he did an excellent job at Leeds, I like him - his assistant who he didn't take to Middlesborough has just got the boot at Oxford so maybe getting those 2 back together could work again like it has previously

Not sure why no one has mentioned Gary Monk - is he that bad? on 13:37 - Feb 8 with 1953 viewsCurrie10

It's a no from me.

Did a terrible job with a massive budget at Boro this year with a top 2 squad already at his disposal.
Not sure why no one has mentioned Gary Monk - is he that bad? on 13:45 - Feb 8 with 1919 viewsitfcjoe

on 13:32 - Feb 8 by _

Whilst Leeds didn't eventually hold on, getting them to 7th is an achievement when you see the shambles they have been for most of the last decade - hadn't finished in the top half for the previous 5 seasons but just ran out of puff as the season ended and there were issues with his contract.

He struggled at Boro, just didn't get them going - may be a lack of an assistant that he'd had success with previously? Who knows - but he's an impressive guy I think (Even more so than Tactics Tim.....!)

At Swansea, was strange as they couldn't wait to get rid of him - but he'd kept them up, then finished 8th and they were 15th when he went in December which on the face of it is a decent job.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

on 13:54 - Feb 8 with 1878 views_

Not sure why no one has mentioned Gary Monk - is he that bad? on 13:45 - Feb 8 by itfcjoe

Whilst Leeds didn't eventually hold on, getting them to 7th is an achievement when you see the shambles they have been for most of the last decade - hadn't finished in the top half for the previous 5 seasons but just ran out of puff as the season ended and there were issues with his contract.

He struggled at Boro, just didn't get them going - may be a lack of an assistant that he'd had success with previously? Who knows - but he's an impressive guy I think (Even more so than Tactics Tim.....!)

At Swansea, was strange as they couldn't wait to get rid of him - but he'd kept them up, then finished 8th and they were 15th when he went in December which on the face of it is a decent job.

Login to get fewer ads

Not sure why no one has mentioned Gary Monk - is he that bad? on 16:37 - Feb 8 with 1775 viewsjontysnut

there are tiers of managers

unemployed old guard whose names always crop up - McClaren, etc

slightly younger but established managers - Monk, Rosler, Sherwood - who perhaps have a bit of ego and fall out with owners and always seem to be on the merry go round

younger, promising lower league/foreign managers who are due for a step up. That would be my choice
Not sure why no one has mentioned Gary Monk - is he that bad? on 18:44 - Feb 8 with 1705 viewsCurrie10

Not sure why no one has mentioned Gary Monk - is he that bad? on 16:37 - Feb 8 by jontysnut

there are tiers of managers

unemployed old guard whose names always crop up - McClaren, etc

slightly younger but established managers - Monk, Rosler, Sherwood - who perhaps have a bit of ego and fall out with owners and always seem to be on the merry go round

younger, promising lower league/foreign managers who are due for a step up. That would be my choice

Sherwood ' established ' - please elaborate?!
Not sure why no one has mentioned Gary Monk - is he that bad? on 01:36 - Feb 9 with 1603 viewsSwansea_Blue

Not sure why no one has mentioned Gary Monk - is he that bad? on 13:30 - Feb 8 by itfcjoe

Pep Clotet? Not at all well thought of by fans of his ex clubs.

Monk's ok I suppose, but pretty negative and struggles when the going gets tough (he doesn't seem flexible in his thinking). Clotet is stealing a living by most accounts.

We'd do well to steer clear I think.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2018 1:41]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024