Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At what point do the fans become involved? 14:10 - Feb 13 with 50582 viewsFinidiCentenary

I remember a few years ago people expressing concerns over Evans and McCarthy. Even in the playoff season we were average to poor for the second half of the season and scraped in the playoffs on the final day after being top on Boxing Day. We have been terrible to watch for close to two years and only a small part of that has seen us picking up decent results.

Boxing Day 2014. It's over 3 years now since we've been regularly enjoyable to watch. 3 YEARS of Mick's 5 year reign. I know loyal fans who quit two seasons ago even when we were getting results because the football was so awful to sit through.

Yet we've seen nothing from the fans. I always assumed there would be, in a situation like this, a progression.

Fans unhappy / Fans very unhappy / Fans protesting / Fans boycotting / Fans disappearing for good

But we seem to have missed a stage. Fans have gone from being bored, unhappy and dismayed to just leaving altogether. No ST renewals, no returning. Gone.

At what stage do we get involved. Milne can say that Evans is aware of the rift but McCarthy is still giving it the big 'I might still be around'. It's preposterous.

I've seen plenty of mates who have followed the town for decades home and away just stop. Most haven't missed it. Most won't come back until Mick is gone. A large number of those I still see in the ground won't be back next year if Mick is here.

So what do the rest of us do. There's such an air of acceptance that people aren't even protesting, coming in late, walking out early, persistent chanting like with Jewell and Keane. It's like the club has sucked the passion from the fans so severely we can't even be bothered to protest.

I'd rather it was all going well on and off the pitch. But it isn't. Seems to me that we'll lose another 2,000 ST holders quietly before anybody actually does anything. If it's still this bad by the next home game I really hope people start acting.

I remember Duncan out chants. I remember protests. I remember fans on the pitch (I think after a 2-0 home defeat to Coventry when Wright made his debut or shortly after). I remember bed sheets (lol). I remember 'Sort it out' chants. We've had a few half hearted 'You're football is sh*t chants'. That's it.

We aren't going up or down. It can't make the players perform any worse than they were against Burton. Should we inevitably lose to Norwich now is the time for people to actually let Evans know how we feel. His image is something he cares about.

Losing 2,000 ST holders last year didn't work. Fans being disgruntled and breaking the lowest crowd record doesn't work. He's pumping £6m in. He's not really bothered about losing a few hundred grand next year is he.

The only thing that will work is bringing attention to the fact we consider him to be the bigger problem. Until we actually start having a voice and doing something, rather than accepting the status quo, the sooner we have a chance of getting our club back.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2018 14:14]

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

At what point do the fans become involved? on 16:55 - Feb 16 with 4809 viewsFinidiCentenary

At what point do the fans become involved? on 16:47 - Feb 16 by Herbivore

Blub. That's all you deserve as a response at this point. Blub.

Once again when challenged with anything resembling a valid point you cry snowflake or blub rather than address the point.

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

At what point do the fans become involved? on 17:04 - Feb 16 with 4794 viewsHerbivore

At what point do the fans become involved? on 16:55 - Feb 16 by FinidiCentenary

Once again when challenged with anything resembling a valid point you cry snowflake or blub rather than address the point.

You didn't make a point, you had a blub.

You were blubbing that the things we have to look forward to might not happen when that is the very nature of things you're looking forward to, they haven't happened yet and so there's a chance they may not happen. Doesn't mean you shouldn't look forward to, especially when those things (or at least some of them) are quite likely. I expect you don't look forward to your birthday as there's a chance you might die before then and not have a birthday. Cheer up you mardy sod.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2018 17:10]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

At what point do the fans become involved? on 17:23 - Feb 16 with 4776 viewsFinidiCentenary

At what point do the fans become involved? on 17:04 - Feb 16 by Herbivore

You didn't make a point, you had a blub.

You were blubbing that the things we have to look forward to might not happen when that is the very nature of things you're looking forward to, they haven't happened yet and so there's a chance they may not happen. Doesn't mean you shouldn't look forward to, especially when those things (or at least some of them) are quite likely. I expect you don't look forward to your birthday as there's a chance you might die before then and not have a birthday. Cheer up you mardy sod.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2018 17:10]

The point being you didn't name a single thing happening now that we have to be happy about, merely some possibility of being happy in the future if this and that happen.

I looked forward to seeing Tommy Oar when he arrived. I looked forward to reinvesting the Mings money with some quality players. I looked forward to Emyr Huws playing a big part this season.

You can look forward to things, but you also have to have something in the here and now to enjoy. Where's that been since January 2015?

At what point do the fans become involved? on 17:37 - Feb 16 with 4763 viewsHerbivore

At what point do the fans become involved? on 17:23 - Feb 16 by FinidiCentenary

The point being you didn't name a single thing happening now that we have to be happy about, merely some possibility of being happy in the future if this and that happen.

I looked forward to seeing Tommy Oar when he arrived. I looked forward to reinvesting the Mings money with some quality players. I looked forward to Emyr Huws playing a big part this season.

You can look forward to things, but you also have to have something in the here and now to enjoy. Where's that been since January 2015?

Dozzell, Downes and Nydam have already broken into the team. Huws, Webster, Adeyemi etc are already our players.

At what point do the fans become involved? on 17:46 - Feb 16 with 4760 viewsJ4ck22

You don't need to ask permission, no one's stopping you from protesting. If that's what you want to do then go for it. You just won't get a lot of support because most people don't see this situation worthy of protesting.

Before you say anything, that doesn't mean we're delighted and bouncing off the walls with how the club is doing, it just means that we're a bit more realistic and can see that it isn't as bad as you've made it out to be.
At what point do the fans become involved? on 17:57 - Feb 16 with 4746 viewsHerbivore

At what point do the fans become involved? on 17:46 - Feb 16 by J4ck22

You don't need to ask permission, no one's stopping you from protesting. If that's what you want to do then go for it. You just won't get a lot of support because most people don't see this situation worthy of protesting.

Before you say anything, that doesn't mean we're delighted and bouncing off the walls with how the club is doing, it just means that we're a bit more realistic and can see that it isn't as bad as you've made it out to be.

Nail, meet head.

At what point do the fans become involved? on 18:36 - Feb 16 with 4731 viewsFinidiCentenary

At what point do the fans become involved? on 17:57 - Feb 16 by Herbivore

Nail, meet head.

Sadly it’s closer to nail, meet coffin.

At what point do the fans become involved? on 18:56 - Feb 16 with 4724 viewsHerbivore

At what point do the fans become involved? on 18:36 - Feb 16 by FinidiCentenary

Sadly it’s closer to nail, meet coffin.

You are such a miserable sod.

Login to get fewer ads

At what point do the fans become involved? on 19:09 - Feb 16 with 4705 viewsnshearman1

At what point do the fans become involved? on 18:56 - Feb 16 by Herbivore

You are such a miserable sod.

Ah, the man in search of an argument and the last word is now reduced to personal abuse! Herb, I'm really worried about you, you've been going at this one for FOUR DAYS now! Did you have a disturbed childhood?! Have you not perhaps achieved what you thought you should have achieved or received the respect you need? Why is it that you rarely start a thread but regularly pick away at others who post an opinion? What is it that causes you to go at people like this? And often in such a smug and patronising way. Give over, pet!
At what point do the fans become involved? on 19:50 - Feb 16 with 4700 viewslongtimefan

At what point do the fans become involved? on 19:09 - Feb 16 by nshearman1

Ah, the man in search of an argument and the last word is now reduced to personal abuse! Herb, I'm really worried about you, you've been going at this one for FOUR DAYS now! Did you have a disturbed childhood?! Have you not perhaps achieved what you thought you should have achieved or received the respect you need? Why is it that you rarely start a thread but regularly pick away at others who post an opinion? What is it that causes you to go at people like this? And often in such a smug and patronising way. Give over, pet!

And you’re calling him patronising
At what point do the fans become involved? on 21:19 - Feb 16 with 4671 viewsHerbivore

At what point do the fans become involved? on 19:50 - Feb 16 by longtimefan

And you’re calling him patronising

Can't see what he's posted as I've taken the rare step of div listing him. He only comes on TWTD to have a go at me, which is frankly bizarre behaviour from a grown man. At least now he can have a pop at me knowing I won't read it or respond.

At what point do the fans become involved? on 03:53 - Feb 17 with 4604 viewspowinswitch

At what point do the fans become involved? on 21:19 - Feb 16 by Herbivore

Can't see what he's posted as I've taken the rare step of div listing him. He only comes on TWTD to have a go at me, which is frankly bizarre behaviour from a grown man. At least now he can have a pop at me knowing I won't read it or respond.

Herbie. I 100% agree that a protest against the owner would not be sensible. Given that he invests c£6million. The matchday experience has been dire for some time, and that for me is a McCarthy football philosophy thing, not an Evans investment thing. Sure he could invest more. But so could the op.
At what point do the fans become involved? on 05:15 - Feb 17 with 4586 viewsBenters2

At what point do the fans become involved? on 19:09 - Feb 16 by nshearman1

'Pet' are you that Vera lady off the telly?
At what point do the fans become involved? on 05:21 - Feb 17 with 4579 viewsBenters2

At what point do the fans become involved? on 03:53 - Feb 17 by powinswitch

Herbie. I 100% agree that a protest against the owner would not be sensible. Given that he invests c£6million. The matchday experience has been dire for some time, and that for me is a McCarthy football philosophy thing, not an Evans investment thing. Sure he could invest more. But so could the op.

Sadly £6m isnt enough though is it?
At what point do the fans become involved? on 07:25 - Feb 17 with 4552 viewsblueconscience

At what point do the fans become involved? on 09:22 - Feb 14 by braveblue

Just can’t believe that you have been taken in by all this nonsense from the club. Fans are leaving in thousands. The ground and pitch get worse. Worst finish in 50 years. You don’t se an issue?????

These people depend on the club being so bad, as they sit there ready to pounce at any post being negative about their idols Mick and Marcus.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

At what point do the fans become involved? on 07:52 - Feb 17 with 4540 viewsHerbivore

At what point do the fans become involved? on 05:21 - Feb 17 by Benters2

Sadly £6m isnt enough though is it?

Perhaps if more fans attended the club would have more money to invest in the squad?

How much of his money do you think ME should be putting in each season if £6m isn't enough?
[Post edited 17 Feb 2018 7:55]

At what point do the fans become involved? on 07:54 - Feb 17 with 4539 viewsHerbivore

I don't really have an issue with people wanting to make it known they want McCarthy out (though preferably not during the game as it makes a horrible atmosphere for the players). I do find the idea of a general protest against everything rather more strange.

At what point do the fans become involved? on 08:16 - Feb 17 with 4527 viewsFinidiCentenary

At what point do the fans become involved? on 07:52 - Feb 17 by Herbivore

Perhaps if more fans attended the club would have more money to invest in the squad?

How much of his money do you think ME should be putting in each season if £6m isn't enough?

Perhaps you can explain which part of Evans not investing properly in the squad when crowds aeare higher, or not investing when were in the top two in January 2015, supports your theory that if crowds were higher he’d invest more?

As we all know when crowds were higher he just invested less!

At what point do the fans become involved? on 08:18 - Feb 17 with 4524 viewsFinidiCentenary

We are back to this BS?

Because I don’t give Evans £1m for a defender I can’t have an opinion. FFS.

At what point do the fans become involved? on 08:26 - Feb 17 with 4510 viewsHerbivore

At what point do the fans become involved? on 08:18 - Feb 17 by FinidiCentenary

We are back to this BS?

Because I don’t give Evans £1m for a defender I can’t have an opinion. FFS.

Have you at least organised a protest yet?

At what point do the fans become involved? on 08:27 - Feb 17 with 4508 viewsHerbivore

At what point do the fans become involved? on 08:16 - Feb 17 by FinidiCentenary

Perhaps you can explain which part of Evans not investing properly in the squad when crowds aeare higher, or not investing when were in the top two in January 2015, supports your theory that if crowds were higher he’d invest more?

As we all know when crowds were higher he just invested less!

We were still making big losses when crowds were bigger, it's easy enough to look up how much ME has been putting in every year. Maybe you should do that before continuing to bang on about lack of investment?

At what point do the fans become involved? on 08:42 - Feb 17 with 4491 viewsFinidiCentenary

At what point do the fans become involved? on 08:27 - Feb 17 by Herbivore

We were still making big losses when crowds were bigger, it's easy enough to look up how much ME has been putting in every year. Maybe you should do that before continuing to bang on about lack of investment?

As I’ve stated time and time again ...

I DON’T CARE that the OWNER has to put in £6m a year to try to keep us merely treading water because 1) he’s the owner it’s his risk and 2) it’s a direct result of how badly he has performed as an owner!

If he’d given Mick £12m I think we’d have gone up. If he’d have appointed a better manager than Keane we may have done. If he hadn’t persisted with Micks horrendous brand of football then crowds would be higher and he’d have to put less than £6m in.

The money he puts in is necessary because of his own failings in managing the club. So no I don’t appreciate what he’s doing. It’s literally the LEAST he can do to look after his own interests. Less than that we probably go down and he never sees the PL. He’s doing the bare minimum on his own investment.

At what point do the fans become involved? on 08:42 - Feb 17 with 4491 viewsBenters2

At what point do the fans become involved? on 07:52 - Feb 17 by Herbivore

Tricky one that.

Its one of those endless circle jobbies.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2018 8:48]
At what point do the fans become involved? on 08:48 - Feb 17 with 4486 viewsblueconscience

At what point do the fans become involved? on 08:27 - Feb 17 by Herbivore

So other owners dont have running costs on top of squad investments?

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

At what point do the fans become involved? on 09:22 - Feb 17 with 4461 viewsartsbossbeard

At what point do the fans become involved? on 08:42 - Feb 17 by FinidiCentenary

As I’ve stated time and time again ...

I DON’T CARE that the OWNER has to put in £6m a year to try to keep us merely treading water because 1) he’s the owner it’s his risk and 2) it’s a direct result of how badly he has performed as an owner!

If he’d given Mick £12m I think we’d have gone up. If he’d have appointed a better manager than Keane we may have done. If he hadn’t persisted with Micks horrendous brand of football then crowds would be higher and he’d have to put less than £6m in.

The money he puts in is necessary because of his own failings in managing the club. So no I don’t appreciate what he’s doing. It’s literally the LEAST he can do to look after his own interests. Less than that we probably go down and he never sees the PL. He’s doing the bare minimum on his own investment.

You don't half come over as the Bonnie Langford character from Just William.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024