Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PC game thread 21:38 - Feb 14 with 6998 viewsmos

So I was looking at a game to get. PUBG, CSGO, GTA and Dirt are getting rather repetitive, and I’m not into football manager, so please don’t suggest this haha.

I’m into the RTS, strategy games like Age of Empires, Civilization, StarCraft etc... But at the same time, an RPG like The Witcher interests me. Anyways, years ago my brother used to play loads of Age of Empires III for hours at a time, and I began to learn how to play it, it was an awesome game for £12 on disc.

So I’m looking to probably buy Age of Empires II HD on steam, or possibly Civ5.. I’m just curious, does anyone play either of these games, or have any recommendations for a solid game to play?

Cheers folks

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

on 21:39 - Feb 14 with 5810 views_

PC game thread on 21:42 - Feb 14 with 5803 viewstown4life

If you like strategy games check out games from Paradox..

Games like Stellaris, Hearts of Iron, Steel Division etc.. imo Paradox do the best strategy games and they regularly release new content for them too.. enjoy
on 21:43 - Feb 14 with 5797 views_

PC game thread on 21:43 - Feb 14 with 5796 viewsmos

on 21:39 - Feb 14 by _

Of course. Tetris is a true milestone in video games. It has everything: storyline, visual graphics, levolution, in-depth character details and fantastic sound effects.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum

PC game thread on 21:45 - Feb 14 with 5791 viewsBlueToad

I used to be a massive Age of Empires fan. One of the greatest games ever !!!

Still play it from time to time, shame they stopped producing it.

I don't really have the time these days to play the latest games but you've tempted me into a nostalgic bash at AoE !

Poll: Where are we now with Lambert In vs. Out ?

on 21:45 - Feb 14 with 5784 views_

PC game thread on 21:43 - Feb 14 by mos

Of course. Tetris is a true milestone in video games. It has everything: storyline, visual graphics, levolution, in-depth character details and fantastic sound effects.

PC game thread on 21:45 - Feb 14 with 5786 viewsjmar17

Been playing a bit of Civ 5 recently and it’s a great game, even though I’m not normally into strategy type games. Would definitely recommend it.
PC game thread on 21:47 - Feb 14 with 5780 viewsmos

PC game thread on 21:42 - Feb 14 by town4life

Games like Stellaris, Hearts of Iron, Steel Division etc.. imo Paradox do the best strategy games and they regularly release new content for them too.. enjoy

Mhm, I was having a look at hearts of iron, and I quite like the style of it. Will definitely have a further investigation into hearts of iron, and Steel Division.
Thanks!

Login to get fewer ads

PC game thread on 21:48 - Feb 14 with 5770 viewstown4life

PC game thread on 21:47 - Feb 14 by mos

Mhm, I was having a look at hearts of iron, and I quite like the style of it. Will definitely have a further investigation into hearts of iron, and Steel Division.
Thanks!

cool, they are 100% worth it, plus there are thousands of mods so you can never get bored. :)
PC game thread on 21:50 - Feb 14 with 5766 viewsmos

on 21:43 - Feb 14 by _

Ah okay. I do struggle to play puzzle games, typically they’re tedious, despite being popular. Although I will search it up on YouTube, to see what it’s about.

on 21:52 - Feb 14 with 5752 views_

PC game thread on 21:50 - Feb 14 by mos

Ah okay. I do struggle to play puzzle games, typically they’re tedious, despite being popular. Although I will search it up on YouTube, to see what it’s about.

PC game thread on 22:00 - Feb 14 with 5746 viewsmos

on 21:52 - Feb 14 by _

That could potentially be a very interesting game, the fact that you can get emotionally attached to a shape is astounding. I guess for £5 I will pick it up at some point.

PC game thread on 22:23 - Feb 14 with 5727 viewsstig4532

I've pumped 1000 hours into Hearts of Iron IV, a WW2 strategy game on Steam on PC. Couldn't rate it any more highly.
on 22:24 - Feb 14 with 5718 views_

PC game thread on 22:00 - Feb 14 by mos

That could potentially be a very interesting game, the fact that you can get emotionally attached to a shape is astounding. I guess for £5 I will pick it up at some point.

PC game thread on 23:33 - Feb 14 with 5653 viewsSarge

I've been thinking about getting Steel Division: Normandy 44

It's on sale on steam atm. I've played a fair bit of AoE as well, and company of heroes 2 is worth a shout.
PC game thread on 23:42 - Feb 14 with 5635 viewswellsy700

The 'Stronghold' series of games were brilliant and pretty similar to Age of Empires

NZ Blue
Poll: Who stays? Who goes?

PC game thread on 07:14 - Feb 15 with 5529 viewssparks

PC game thread on 23:42 - Feb 14 by wellsy700

The 'Stronghold' series of games were brilliant and pretty similar to Age of Empires

Sounds like you would benefit from looking at total war games. Or Scarcraft 2.

Witcher 3 is excellent

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

PC game thread on 07:44 - Feb 15 with 5517 viewsDanTheMan

PC game thread on 22:23 - Feb 14 by stig4532

I've pumped 1000 hours into Hearts of Iron IV, a WW2 strategy game on Steam on PC. Couldn't rate it any more highly.

Just going to jump in here and also recommend the Paradox games, which are absolutely fantastic.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

PC game thread on 08:50 - Feb 15 with 5491 viewsJonBlue

PC game thread on 07:14 - Feb 15 by sparks

Sounds like you would benefit from looking at total war games. Or Scarcraft 2.

Witcher 3 is excellent

I'd agree that it's highly likely you'd enjoy any of the Total War historical games. The early titles like 'Rome: Total War' or 'Medieval II Total War' will be available for a few pounds and are likely to give you many hours of gameplay. I also agree with DTM and others that Paradox make great strategy games. 'Europa Universalis' and 'Hearts of Iron IV' are the best of the bunch in my opinion.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2018 8:56]
PC game thread on 09:01 - Feb 15 with 5476 viewsgreyhound

PC game thread on 21:42 - Feb 14 by town4life

I would second stellaris as a great game.

There is a YouTube channel called manyatruenerd he enjoys rts games and often has good play through and challenge runs if you want a peek at what might be good for you. He is a master of fallout, but had massively expanded what is shown on the channel.

For anyone interested he has a fallout 3 and new Vegas 1 life run as well as kill everything runs which are incredible gaming achievements
PC game thread on 09:12 - Feb 15 with 5468 viewsSwailsey

Fallout 4!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

PC game thread on 09:24 - Feb 15 with 5461 viewsbluebud

...can't believe Skyrim hasn't been mentioned yet
PC game thread on 10:07 - Feb 15 with 5433 viewsmos

PC game thread on 09:24 - Feb 15 by bluebud

...can't believe Skyrim hasn't been mentioned yet

Oddly, I do have Skyrim download, though I don’t seem to have the urge to play it...

PC game thread on 12:31 - Feb 15 with 5389 viewsTerra_Farma

PC game thread on 10:07 - Feb 15 by mos

Oddly, I do have Skyrim download, though I don’t seem to have the urge to play it...

Dark Souls 3? Probably not what you are after (it's an action RPG) but it had me hooked. I have completed it 3 times and am considering a 4th stab at it (you can play as a different character each time)

I have been playing Battlefield 1 since it's release late last year. It is close to perfection but it's a first person multiplayer shooter which doesn't sound like your cup of tea mos?!
[Post edited 15 Feb 2018 12:33]
PC game thread on 12:39 - Feb 15 with 5376 viewschicoazul

on 21:45 - Feb 14 by _

the story of that guy who invented Tetris or stole it from the Russians or something, I cant remember, is actually very interesting.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024