Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Words that have died out/are dying out... 09:50 - Feb 16 with 25490 viewsSitfcB

Inspired by Lucan using the word 'pictures' for the cinema, what other words have died out, or are on their way out?

I do enjoy the 'old' words.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Words that have died out/are dying out... on 05:55 - Feb 18 with 1079 viewsBenters2

Words that have died out/are dying out... on 04:37 - Feb 18 by SpruceMoose

Oh well. Can't say I didn't try. Enjoy your trip to Norwich.

Thanks chap
Words that have died out/are dying out... on 06:40 - Feb 18 with 1055 viewspowinswitch

Words that have died out/are dying out... on 21:53 - Feb 17 by BluedanW

I still like to call the 4 stands north, churchmans, pioneer and cobbold stand..i don't like change.

Not sure if it's old words or just that I had an Irish dad, but scallions instead of spring onions.

Smidgen is a word I ain't heard for a while too

North Churchmans, East and West Stands for me.

My daughter went to uni in Coventry. We said oh you’ve ‘been sent to Coventry’! As in nobody will speak to you. She didn’t have a clue. Neither did her uni mates who had their parents saying the same. When did anybody last hear you’ve been sent to Coventry.
Words that have died out/are dying out... on 07:54 - Feb 18 with 1034 viewsSE1blue

As a kid I remember a lot of teachers saying ‘woe betide...’, which basically meant if you did or didn’t do something you were meant or not meant to, you’d be in really big trouble. I like to use it with the kids in my class about homework, PE kits etc and hope I’ve kept it alive.

And you never hear the word ‘crush’ much now for fancying someone. Probably because kids these days have already bypassed this stage by sending a dick pic.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Words that have died out/are dying out... on 09:24 - Feb 18 with 999 viewsLord_Lucan

Words that have died out/are dying out... on 07:54 - Feb 18 by SE1blue

As a kid I remember a lot of teachers saying ‘woe betide...’, which basically meant if you did or didn’t do something you were meant or not meant to, you’d be in really big trouble. I like to use it with the kids in my class about homework, PE kits etc and hope I’ve kept it alive.

And you never hear the word ‘crush’ much now for fancying someone. Probably because kids these days have already bypassed this stage by sending a dick pic.

Do they still have jankers at school?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024