Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday 11:59 - Feb 19 with 6674 viewsGuthrum

Was Garner flinging himself to the floor at every opportunity (then Iorfa caught the disease, too). He was far too blatant, the ref had clearly stopped believing him very early on.

He should stay on his feet, try to shoot, pass, punt the ball off a defender for a corner. Almost anything would be more productive then falling over and merely giving away the ball or a goal kick. This isn't the Prem, penalties are not that easy to win.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 18:29 - Feb 19 with 1343 viewsGeoffSentence

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 12:19 - Feb 19 by Garv

Mick was fuming at him for going over and not keeping possession.

I reckon Mick must have had a word with him at half time because second half he was trying to stay on his feet.

We still couldn't hang on to possession though.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 18:34 - Feb 19 with 1335 viewsstrikalite

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 18:25 - Feb 19 by BackToRussia

Was Garner not fit yesterday? Otherwise he really has no excuse.

He's got to be a little stupid if he didn't think that the Nodge players hadn't mentioned to the ref beforehand about his diving antics...jeez..
One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 19:03 - Feb 19 with 1305 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 12:04 - Feb 19 by homer_123

Don't get me started (again) on Garner.

I've posted, pretty much from the the word go, that he spends more time on the ground than he does on his feet. The problem with this is two fold. He's on the ground and not on his feet and therefore cannot contribute - the other is that he wants a foul 'every single time' and refs soon cotton on.

Don't get me wrong, it's been a while since we had a player in the refs ear throughout (Magic) but by heck it pisses me off.

Perhaps it’s just me but I love him.

Every time he wins one of those annoying niggly fouls, I think it’s great.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 19:38 - Feb 19 with 1287 viewsGuthrum

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 19:03 - Feb 19 by The_Romford_Blue

Problem is, too often he doesn't and is left on the ground with arms spread while the game goes on.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 19:41 - Feb 19 with 1279 viewsPJH

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 19:38 - Feb 19 by Guthrum

Problem is, too often he doesn't and is left on the ground with arms spread while the game goes on.

He does need to be a bit more selective in when he goes over, more convincing too.
Quite on 20:17 - Feb 19 with 1261 viewsDyland

Iorfa's ridiculous dive was so frustrating. He was playing well and Norwich clearly didn't like his physicality. He could have got a corner in that situation, or no shame in being actually tackled.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 20:40 - Feb 19 with 1256 viewsolimar

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 12:42 - Feb 19 by christiand

I know some don't like to admit it, but we really do still play that way. Garner looks a tough little individual, I just can't understand why he keeps doing it though? As you say Guthrum we need him to hold the ball up to allow others to get forward to support in attack. Why just give the ball back cheaply to opponents by throwing yourself to the ground and the ref waves play on?

Ive been saying all season that hes neither a hold up player/target man or a player who wants to play on the shoulder of the last defender. So, hes not suited as a lone forward for me. I just dont quite see what we are looking to get from him in that role.
When he drops off and collects the ball, hes excellent in finding passes ahead of him. And hes clearly a good finisher, but he is rarely in a position inside the box, with the ball played in to his feet. He has very few shots from inside the area, its either a header from a set piece of a shot from distance- Brum/Bolton/Sunderland are exceptions.
One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 20:45 - Feb 19 with 1254 viewsolimar

One thing which caused a lot of our attacks to break down yesterday on 19:03 - Feb 19 by The_Romford_Blue

Im not sure he has a lot of success in winding up the opposition defender and eventually hes the one more likely to get a card than they are. I dont think they are at all intimidated.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024