Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Here's a ambitious owner... 09:58 - Feb 26 with 2401 viewsstrikalite

Peterborough sack McCann, they're not that far off the play offs really, two games in hand...but whatever you say about MacAanthony he's ambitious for an owner of a small Club, for McCann it wasn't a case of not giving his all either..

Director of football Barry Fry added: "Grant has worked morning, afternoon and night on behalf of the football club.

"There is such a thin line between success and failure. There have been many decisions that have gone against us this season and we would certainly be in a better position in the league had they gone in our favour.

"His work ethic has been second to none and I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending him for any job at any other club."
Here's a ambitious owner... on 10:01 - Feb 26 with 2377 viewsGuthrum

If they like McCann that much, why have they sacked him?

As Birmingham have demonstrated, there's a thin line between "ambition" and idiocy.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Here's a ambitious owner... on 10:05 - Feb 26 with 2328 viewsElderGrizzly

Here's a ambitious owner... on 10:01 - Feb 26 by Guthrum

As Birmingham have demonstrated, there's a thin line between "ambition" and idiocy.

Yep, the OP might want to dig a little bit deeper into McAnthony’s ‘ambition’ Money leaving the club, selling key players every season, personally influencing who they buy and in some cases who is picked etc etc

And then even more fun if you dig into his business dealings, especially in the USA...
Here's a ambitious owner... on 10:06 - Feb 26 with 2321 viewsstrikalite

No wins in seven....but they're still up there if you look at the table, he's pretty ruthless is 'ol Darragh..
Here's a ambitious owner... on 10:06 - Feb 26 with 2317 viewsITFC_Forever

Birmingham have made one poor appointment after another since their ridiculous decision to sack Rowett.

Hope they go down.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Here's a ambitious owner... on 10:06 - Feb 26 with 2312 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Yeah, I wish we could be 10th in League One too

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Here's a ambitious owner... on 10:06 - Feb 26 with 2316 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

To be fair, I think that when it comes to appointing a new manager, ME's patience will be our major selling point.

In a world where managers' tenure is usually 6-12 months, I think a lot of managers will like the idea of being given time.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Here's a ambitious owner... on 10:09 - Feb 26 with 2296 viewsstrikalite

Here's a ambitious owner... on 10:05 - Feb 26 by ElderGrizzly

Yep, the OP might want to dig a little bit deeper into McAnthony’s ‘ambition’ Money leaving the club, selling key players every season, personally influencing who they buy and in some cases who is picked etc etc

And then even more fun if you dig into his business dealings, especially in the USA...

Though he could have cashed in heavily with Marriott in January, not disputing his dodgyness however...
[Post edited 26 Feb 2018 10:10]
Here's a ambitious owner... on 10:14 - Feb 26 with 2252 viewsjas0999

Agreed.
Login to get fewer ads

Here's a ambitious owner... on 10:17 - Feb 26 with 2246 viewsGuthrum

Here's a ambitious owner... on 10:06 - Feb 26 by strikalite

No wins in seven....but they're still up there if you look at the table, he's pretty ruthless is 'ol Darragh..

It was the gushing commendations from Fry which prompted my response.

It's actually only five since they last won (v Oldham), but only one of those was a loss. They've dropped a couple of places in that time, but have a far better goal difference than the teams above them.

Here's a ambitious owner... on 10:21 - Feb 26 with 2217 viewsGuthrum

Here's a ambitious owner... on 10:06 - Feb 26 by strikalite

And one of the things which has pushed them down is Plymouth's incredible run of six wins. Bradford are dropping like a stone and very likely to pass Posh in a downwards direction quite soon, too.

Here's a ambitious owner... on 10:22 - Feb 26 with 2209 viewsGuthrum

Here's a ambitious owner... on 10:06 - Feb 26 by ITFC_Forever

Birmingham have made one poor appointment after another since their ridiculous decision to sack Rowett.

Hope they go down.

Agree, apart from the fact they're one of my more local matches to attend!

Here's a ambitious owner... on 10:32 - Feb 26 with 2154 viewsstrikalite

Here's a ambitious owner... on 10:21 - Feb 26 by Guthrum

And one of the things which has pushed them down is Plymouth's incredible run of six wins. Bradford are dropping like a stone and very likely to pass Posh in a downwards direction quite soon, too.

Yeah Plymouth's form has been incredible, Charlton in 7th is probably the cut off for that 6th spot now, they'll keep picking up points...I've watched Posh a few times this season, very inconsistent obviously as to where they are in the table, decent results against the top sides but struggled against the bottom sides, surprised he was sacked now though, January would have given someone a bit of time to mount a challenge..
Here's a ambitious owner... on 10:37 - Feb 26 with 2132 viewsstrikalite

My Posh supporting mate has just text me with "no Manager will ever meet our owners expectations".....
Here's a ambitious owner... on 11:07 - Feb 26 with 2034 viewsPJH

Here's a ambitious owner... on 10:37 - Feb 26 by strikalite

My Posh supporting mate has just text me with "no Manager will ever meet our owners expectations".....

Then the Owner should make himself the Manager, if he hasn't been that already.
I don't know what influence he has had on team selection etc but from what little I know about him it would not be much of a surprise if he does have input on everything.
Here's a ambitious owner... on 11:18 - Feb 26 with 2004 viewsTendring_Blue

This should never be our club. We stand by our managers.
Here's a ambitious owner... on 11:36 - Feb 26 with 1958 viewsbritbiker

Fine line between ambitious and panic. Only the final table will resolve that one. I'm sure charlton, Birmingham and Derbyt o a lesser extent thought they were ambitious. The only one that this seems to work for is watford. ( I've ignored Chelsea as any average manager could look decent with their budgets).
Here's a ambitious owner... on 11:58 - Feb 26 with 1885 viewspoppiesman

Peterborough's chairman is an idiot who loves the sound of his own voice far too much. He has been there for a few years and yet have hardly progressed if at all.
His managerial appointments and sackings over that time shows just how clueless he is about football.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024