Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derek Adams 17:57 - Mar 17 with 6319 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Suggested on radio Suffolk. Interesting.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Derek Adams on 17:59 - Mar 17 with 6294 viewstextbackup

I only said exactly this 18 months ago.

was told he could start a fight in an empty room by experts on here...

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Derek Adams on 18:16 - Mar 17 with 6141 viewsjas0999

Who?
Derek Adams on 18:20 - Mar 17 with 6094 viewsWickets

Piymouth manager
Derek Adams on 18:31 - Mar 17 with 5985 viewsjas0999

Derek Adams on 18:20 - Mar 17 by Wickets

Piymouth manager

Thanks.
Derek Adams on 18:39 - Mar 17 with 5916 viewsEastTownBlue

Derek Adams on 17:59 - Mar 17 by textbackup

I only said exactly this 18 months ago.

was told he could start a fight in an empty room by experts on here...

Let’s forget about his current form and judge him on the months August - November.

Remarkable turnaround.
Derek Adams on 19:46 - Mar 17 with 5691 viewschristiand

Derek Adams on 18:39 - Mar 17 by EastTownBlue

Let’s forget about his current form and judge him on the months August - November.

Remarkable turnaround.

Current form isn't bad either lying second in the form table and 6th in the league table with a game in hand.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Derek Adams on 19:54 - Mar 17 with 5657 viewsSlambo

Definitely the sort of manager we should be going for. Cutting his teeth in the lower leagues, innovative, used to working with a tight budget but is ready to step up and make a name for himself. But I can guarantee Evans will get in a 'name' who 'knows the division'...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Derek Adams on 19:55 - Mar 17 with 5651 viewsBLUEGOLD

Derek Adams on 19:54 - Mar 17 by Slambo

Definitely the sort of manager we should be going for. Cutting his teeth in the lower leagues, innovative, used to working with a tight budget but is ready to step up and make a name for himself. But I can guarantee Evans will get in a 'name' who 'knows the division'...

Gary Megson??
Login to get fewer ads

Derek Adams on 20:28 - Mar 17 with 5544 viewsquirkie

Argyle were bottom of the table 30th Nov 2017, fans were on Adams back as he was getting the team to play very negative football ala MM, since then got the team playing very attacking football, they are now in the play offs.

I actually went to Argyle v Bristol Rovers today (I live 60 miles West of Plymouth), Argyle were lucky to win 3-2 but had a lot of injuries. Even so they were always looking to attack and not one hoofball in the whole 90 minutes.

I think Adams would be a good choice at Ipswich for next manager, but can't see him even contemplating going to such a backward looking club.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Derek Adams on 00:20 - Mar 18 with 5252 viewsquirkie

Here is a post I've copied from PASOTI about DA.

"I will admit that I was screaming for his head during our slow start to the season. I was disgusted with the style of Football we witnessed at the beginning of this season, but Jesus how he has turned it around! Wow! He has these boys who are let’s be honestly all FREE and unwanted by others clubs into a hardworking and incredibly determined side. I will be shocked if Adams is still manager start of next season if I’m honest and I will be gutted to see him leave.

So my simple question is... is Derek Adams CURRENTLY the best manager in League 1, League 1&2 or the football league? I honestly can’t think of another manager who can do what he has with the restraints he has had with the board and the financial status of our club. He has work wonders!

At times his tacktics really bug me and I felt and still do feel that he didn’t strengthen enough in the window in particular positions but he has been incredible at getting these lads working hard and producing at times incredibly attractive Football.

Thoughts?"

https://pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=102978

Does Evans or McCarthy have an email address at Town I can forward that to?
[Post edited 18 Mar 2018 0:24]

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Derek Adams on 01:09 - Mar 18 with 5182 viewsmadmouse1959

We will need a BIG personality to repair the damage too.

I would like to see Paul Cook @ Wigan .........and his experienced jovial side-kick Peter Reid. (before he retires) come to Portman Road . (Hopefully under a new club owner too)

shampoo dave

Derek Adams on 15:16 - Mar 18 with 4887 viewsBrixtonBlue

Derek Adams on 19:54 - Mar 17 by Slambo

What has he done that's innovative?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Derek Adams on 19:17 - Mar 18 with 4570 viewsSlambo

Derek Adams on 15:16 - Mar 18 by BrixtonBlue

What has he done that's innovative?

Not so much innovative, but I certainly like the idea of an unproven manager looking to step up and make a name for themselves. No-one had ever heard of Ramsey, Robson or Burley before they came to us...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Derek Adams on 20:04 - Mar 18 with 4476 viewsBrixtonBlue

Derek Adams on 19:17 - Mar 18 by Slambo

Not so much innovative, but I certainly like the idea of an unproven manager looking to step up and make a name for themselves. No-one had ever heard of Ramsey, Robson or Burley before they came to us...

Well I think people had heard of them, but I know what you mean!

Yes I agree. The 'been there done it' managers haven't exactly worked out.

When you said "innovative" I thought you meant specifically something Derek Adams was doing.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Derek Adams on 21:27 - Mar 18 with 4356 viewssolemio

Derek Adams on 19:17 - Mar 18 by Slambo

Apart from them all being well-known international players.

No seriously you are right. As managers they were almost unknown. In fact Bobby was not a great success at Fulham.
Derek Adams on 21:44 - Mar 18 with 4316 viewsSergio

Paul Hurst could be a good shout if a position becomes available
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024