Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gareth Southgates England 09:18 - Mar 24 with 2380 viewsfergalsharkey

Really impressed with the style of play, the energy, the shape until we made mass subs.
I think h handles himself well, he plays football the right way , and trusts the youngsters.

Very positive about the future and good luck to him.

Poll: Cook out?

Gareth Southgates England on 10:06 - Mar 24 with 2275 viewschristiand

Encouraging and certainly a step if not a few steps in the right direction.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Gareth Southgates England on 10:24 - Mar 24 with 2249 viewsdavblue

The Dutch are piss poor at the moment.

He’s trying but I’m yet to be convinced by him as a manager. Hope he well and truly proves me wrong.
Gareth Southgates England on 10:37 - Mar 24 with 2228 viewschristiand

Gareth Southgates England on 10:24 - Mar 24 by davblue

The Dutch are piss poor at the moment.

He’s trying but I’m yet to be convinced by him as a manager. Hope he well and truly proves me wrong.

I know what you're saying Davblue, I'm not convinced by Southgate either but the England team can only beat what is in front of them and they did that pretty comfortably last night.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Gareth Southgates England on 11:35 - Mar 24 with 2153 viewsOsborneOneNil

Gareth Southgates England on 10:37 - Mar 24 by christiand

I know what you're saying Davblue, I'm not convinced by Southgate either but the England team can only beat what is in front of them and they did that pretty comfortably last night.

I’m happier with what he’s trying to do than what I’ve seen from any England manager since Hoddle.

Good on you Gareth.
Gareth Southgates England on 12:02 - Mar 24 with 2119 viewsbritbiker

Never understood the idea of mass substitutions. The game always loses its flow when it happens and very little can be learnt about the subs in the time they are given. England played well but surprisingly Ali was awful whilst on.
Gareth Southgates England on 15:38 - Mar 24 with 1999 viewsNo9

Two experimental teams provided a reasonable game.
England looked OK in the 1st half although there were some strange things - theOx looked good from the K.O. than faded. Englands penetration into the box wasn't good but the build up play & passing was.
No established 'stars' with ALL playing for a place.
Gareth Southgates England on 18:18 - Mar 24 with 1902 viewsbournemouthblue

Gareth Southgates England on 12:02 - Mar 24 by britbiker

Never understood the idea of mass substitutions. The game always loses its flow when it happens and very little can be learnt about the subs in the time they are given. England played well but surprisingly Ali was awful whilst on.

It does ruin the last 20 to 30 minutes.

Have any managers bothered to play it like a proper game and look to smash the heavily changed team?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Gareth Southgates England on 19:12 - Mar 24 with 1854 viewsSwansea_Blue

I strongly suspect this is another case of the classic 'England looking ok when it doesn't matter'. It happens all the time. But obviously I hope they do well in the summer where the real acid test will be. I've no idea what the expectation should be though. Getting to the quarters will be as much as we can expect.

I see Wilshirte is set to miss the next game too; really surprised by that (not)!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Gareth Southgates England on 19:46 - Mar 24 with 1820 viewswarkthisway

Yes well you are easily pleased after watching MMs style of play - actually it was a one paced bore of a game - 2 bang average teams going nowhere

bentnkuqi

Gareth Southgates England on 20:28 - Mar 24 with 1783 viewsNo9

Gareth Southgates England on 18:18 - Mar 24 by bournemouthblue

It does ruin the last 20 to 30 minutes.

Have any managers bothered to play it like a proper game and look to smash the heavily changed team?

Yep, Ali looked hopeless & Vardy didn't get a kick
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024