Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ok. Remember when McLaren was... 13:00 - Mar 25 with 7139 viewsFixed_It

...newly appointed at Derby and we were thrashing them at half-time? Then he came down from the stands and changed a few things round - to see them come steaming back in the second half.
There are many worse managers out there - and he was known for his attacking football at Boro. Personally, I'd rather keep Mick, but all you Mick outers should't be quite so dismissive of this link if you want exciting football.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2018 13:01]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Ok. Remember when McLaren was... on 16:39 - Mar 25 with 1069 viewsstrikalite

Ok. Remember when McLaren was... on 16:30 - Mar 25 by Mullet

Your last paragraph is spot on. The biggest selling point of McLaren for me would be him working on Downes, Nydam and Dozzell as well as the others closer in age.

For all the circus he has a Klug-like track record in that department and if he was to build a team with any core of players it'd be them. But I can't imagine we'd keep the senior players necessarily, which depletes the squad and then replace them with similar calibre on those wages, which depletes his budget further.

There is one thing for sure, he won't have worked within such a low budget throughout his Managerial career, unless ME is prepared to loosen the purse strings for another push..

The fact he'd be given time would probably appeal, but he is used to having money we mustn't forget that..
Ok. Remember when McLaren was... on 16:40 - Mar 25 with 1067 viewsHennikerBlu

Ok. Remember when McLaren was... on 16:18 - Mar 25 by Lord_Lucan

Didn’t Joey Barton do a similar interview when in France?

Must admit if I’m abroad I instantly mimick the local accent without thinking or realising it. It drives my Wife mad.

For your wife:

And for balance:

For happier days....not :)))))

Ok. Remember when McLaren was... on 16:45 - Mar 25 with 1056 viewsLord_Lucan

Ok. Remember when McLaren was... on 16:27 - Mar 25 by NewcyBlue

Your trips to China must be hilarious!

Harrrrroowwww, I am Rucan.

I swear to God Newcs.......

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Ok. Remember when McLaren was... on 16:47 - Mar 25 with 1053 viewsTownly

I doubt he'll come cheaply, especially if made fully aware of the budget restraints.
How much do your lot.... on 16:51 - Mar 25 with 1036 viewsBloots

Ok. Remember when McLaren was... on 16:47 - Mar 25 by Townly

I doubt he'll come cheaply, especially if made fully aware of the budget restraints.

....pay Farke?

Expect he's cheap, but you've got the Director of Football stealing a living as well.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Ok. Remember when McLaren was... on 16:54 - Mar 25 with 1027 viewsNewcyBlue

Ok. Remember when McLaren was... on 16:45 - Mar 25 by Lord_Lucan

I swear to God Newcs.......

It amused me!

Although my sense of humour is often quite unacceptable.....

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Ok. Remember when McLaren was... on 17:59 - Mar 25 with 980 viewsHurleyBurley

What we all want is a former player like Burley, who gets us to play good football like Burley, unites the fans like Burley, gets promoted like Burley, finishes in the top 5 of the top flight like Burley and then stays there, like Robson.

Moon on a stick.

For now I'll settle for good football and I don't really care who makes that happen.

Poll: World Cup final: Who do you WANT to win?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024