Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Love this by Burley 07:48 - Apr 4 with 21143 viewschiddley

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/burley-says-ipswich-should-go-and-get-mowbray-from-b

Poll: The best joke petition of the last few days

Love this by Burley on 09:29 - Apr 5 with 1804 viewsitfcjoe

Burley just gets it, he understands what the fans wants and gives off the glass half full that we want to see rather than Mick's dampening of everything over the last few years.

We need to be forward thinking and be somethign again - not Mick McCarthy's Ipswich but the Ipswich Town of Robson and Burley, young players given opportunities and passing football.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Love this by Burley on 09:35 - Apr 5 with 1789 viewsCoco

Love this by Burley on 21:28 - Apr 4 by BlueGuru

He is not exactly being up front though is he ? How much would it cost currently to buy one of the best strikers in the league from a rival ? £15/20m ? Johnson £1.1m, Holland 750k, Jim, a Dutch international on loan.

He got us promoted but we were well funded for the times, his sentiments are spot on and Mogga is the perfect replacement to reconnect with the fans.

Okay, in ‘todays’ money how much did he get for Dyer? If Stewart equates to 20m then Dyer must be 60m? Burley spent money he made on developing youth or improving shrewd recruitments. Just be a glass half full guy and try a chase a dream again. Nobody is a fool here, we no the realities - just try a strive for better. Our standards really have hit rock bottom.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Love this by Burley on 09:41 - Apr 5 with 1775 viewsKeaneish

Love this by Burley on 09:29 - Apr 5 by itfcjoe

Burley just gets it, he understands what the fans wants and gives off the glass half full that we want to see rather than Mick's dampening of everything over the last few years.

We need to be forward thinking and be somethign again - not Mick McCarthy's Ipswich but the Ipswich Town of Robson and Burley, young players given opportunities and passing football.

That's the club i know and want. Here's to that.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Love this by Burley on 09:50 - Apr 5 with 1768 viewsKieran_Knows

Love this by Burley on 09:29 - Apr 5 by itfcjoe

... and it's why I agree with GB that Mowbray seems the best man for the job. Knows the club, knows the 'principles' of it.

Hopefully ME can get him.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Love this by Burley on 09:55 - Apr 5 with 1762 viewsitfcjoe

Love this by Burley on 09:50 - Apr 5 by Kieran_Knows

... and it's why I agree with GB that Mowbray seems the best man for the job. Knows the club, knows the 'principles' of it.

Hopefully ME can get him.

When people from the football world talk about Ipswich I want them to mention players like Dozzell, Bishop, Webster, etc rather than Mick McCarthy in the first instance.

The manager has been the story here for too long, and no man should be bigger than the club

Love this by Burley on 10:06 - Apr 5 with 1736 viewsVic

Love this by Burley on 09:55 - Apr 5 by itfcjoe

When people from the football world talk about Ipswich I want them to mention players like Dozzell, Bishop, Webster, etc rather than Mick McCarthy in the first instance.

The manager has been the story here for too long, and no man should be bigger than the club

I get this Joe, but in all honesty is there a club where it isn’t the case? I’m not sure how long it’s been this way, but the attention at every club seems to be on the manager. I think we only noticed it when we became ‘Roy Keane’s Ipswich’, but we were just playing catch up.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Love this by Burley on 10:13 - Apr 5 with 1724 viewsitfcjoe

Love this by Burley on 10:06 - Apr 5 by Vic

I get this Joe, but in all honesty is there a club where it isn’t the case? I’m not sure how long it’s been this way, but the attention at every club seems to be on the manager. I think we only noticed it when we became ‘Roy Keane’s Ipswich’, but we were just playing catch up.

I don't think so - the only 2 times manager seems to have been bigger than the club have been under Roy Keane and Mick McCarthy in my lifetime.

May be wrong, but feels as though any coverage we get nationally is only through the prism of what McCarthy is doing here rather than the young internationals we are producing etc.

Love this by Burley on 10:14 - Apr 5 with 1723 viewsBlueGuru

Love this by Burley on 09:35 - Apr 5 by Coco

Okay, in ‘todays’ money how much did he get for Dyer? If Stewart equates to 20m then Dyer must be 60m? Burley spent money he made on developing youth or improving shrewd recruitments. Just be a glass half full guy and try a chase a dream again. Nobody is a fool here, we no the realities - just try a strive for better. Our standards really have hit rock bottom.

So after your earlier tantrums about how anyone dare question burley, you admit his budget was huge by our current standards, I agree with most of the sentiment, but when he was boss we were one of the big spenders not 18th.
Login to get fewer ads

Love this by Burley on 10:18 - Apr 5 with 1715 viewsDarth_Koont

Love this by Burley on 10:13 - Apr 5 by itfcjoe

I don't think so - the only 2 times manager seems to have been bigger than the club have been under Roy Keane and Mick McCarthy in my lifetime.

May be wrong, but feels as though any coverage we get nationally is only through the prism of what McCarthy is doing here rather than the young internationals we are producing etc.

I suspect that's because we haven't really done much as a club that's been interesting for the past 15 years. What else is there to report on?

Pronouns: He/Him

Love this by Burley on 10:26 - Apr 5 with 1706 viewsitfcjoe

Love this by Burley on 10:18 - Apr 5 by Darth_Koont

I suspect that's because we haven't really done much as a club that's been interesting for the past 15 years. What else is there to report on?

I don't disagree, but that may be because the manager has managed in a style where he stays the story. That's not aimed as a criticism at Mick but he has done exceptionally well in recruiting and keeping plates spinning on a small budget - but the approach is more about him than the club.

When you look at a team like Swansea, the players and the style are what has stuck out over the last decade - not the managers

Love this by Burley on 10:31 - Apr 5 with 1696 viewsCoco

Love this by Burley on 10:14 - Apr 5 by BlueGuru

So after your earlier tantrums about how anyone dare question burley, you admit his budget was huge by our current standards, I agree with most of the sentiment, but when he was boss we were one of the big spenders not 18th.

Tantrums????? Feck off you child.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Love this by Burley on 10:57 - Apr 5 with 1679 viewsBlueGuru

Love this by Burley on 10:31 - Apr 5 by Coco

Tantrums????? Feck off you child.

Blub tastic.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024