Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For Partridge/Edmonds fans 14:58 - Apr 10 with 2263 viewsfooters

Think I may have posted on here before about how I collect Noel Edmonds stuff (self-help books, autobiographies, etc) as he's the basis for Partridge. And much of it beggars belief.

If you'd like to follow me further down the Partridge/Edmonds rabbit hole, there's his newish radio station Positively Noel (part of his Positivity Radio network) that focuses on his ongoing legal dispute with Lloyds banking group. It's a mix of rants, comments from Lloyds customers/employees and a great music mix related to money, being ripped off etc (ABBA, Dire Straits and so on).

Worth a listen if you're a like-minded cringe aficionado.

http://www.positivity.world/all-station/

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

For Partridge/Edmonds fans on 15:04 - Apr 10 with 2229 viewsHARRY10

I think you'll find it was Steve Wright, but certainly not Edmunds
For Partridge/Edmonds fans on 15:08 - Apr 10 with 2221 viewsfooters

For Partridge/Edmonds fans on 15:04 - Apr 10 by HARRY10

I think you'll find it was Steve Wright, but certainly not Edmunds

What was? If it wasn't Edmonds, why does he have a whole radio station dedicated to it?

For Partridge/Edmonds fans on 15:47 - Apr 10 with 2168 viewsLord_Lucan

For Partridge/Edmonds fans on 15:08 - Apr 10 by footers

What was? If it wasn't Edmonds, why does he have a whole radio station dedicated to it?

The Edmonds bit is true about the radio thing but the actual character Partridge is based on is Richard Madeley

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

For Partridge/Edmonds fans on 13:59 - Apr 11 with 2065 viewsHARRY10

For Partridge/Edmonds fans on 15:47 - Apr 10 by Lord_Lucan

The Edmonds bit is true about the radio thing but the actual character Partridge is based on is Richard Madeley

Nope, having spoken with one of his writers Steve Wright was the basis for the character of Partridge. His ill fated TV series was lifted from SW's similarly dire TV show.

The character has evolved over the years, but I can assure you of where it had it's origins.
For Partridge/Edmonds fans on 14:13 - Apr 11 with 2039 viewsJohnWarksTash

For Partridge/Edmonds fans on 13:59 - Apr 11 by HARRY10

Nope, having spoken with one of his writers Steve Wright was the basis for the character of Partridge. His ill fated TV series was lifted from SW's similarly dire TV show.

The character has evolved over the years, but I can assure you of where it had it's origins.

You could always tweet Richard Herring who was one of the writers on the radio 4 show that introduced Partridge (On the Hour). He's pretty good at engaging :)
For Partridge/Edmonds fans on 14:17 - Apr 11 with 2030 viewsLord_Lucan

For Partridge/Edmonds fans on 13:59 - Apr 11 by HARRY10

I don't disbelieve what you are saying but I find that a bit odd, in hindsight I reckon it's based on a multitude of characters.

Edit; I've found him.

12 seconds and 1.26 and 6.30 - and so on and so on

[Post edited 11 Apr 2018 14:19]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

For Partridge/Edmonds fans on 16:50 - Apr 11 with 1975 viewsHARRY10

For Partridge/Edmonds fans on 14:13 - Apr 11 by JohnWarksTash

You could always tweet Richard Herring who was one of the writers on the radio 4 show that introduced Partridge (On the Hour). He's pretty good at engaging :)

It is SW's lack of self awareness that is parodied, P has the same delusions, unaware of his social ineptness.

As said that was the model it was based on. P has taken on a life of his own as he 'progresses'.
For Partridge/Edmonds fans on 17:37 - Apr 11 with 1951 viewsJ2BLUE

You collect Noel Edmonds stuff?

...what?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

For Partridge/Edmonds fans on 17:44 - Apr 11 with 1941 viewsfooters

For Partridge/Edmonds fans on 17:37 - Apr 11 by J2BLUE

You collect Noel Edmonds stuff?

...what?

And now, J2, I feel a bit of a plum for having drawn the two together so closely.

My thanks to Partridge scholars Harry and Lucan in this thread for illuminating me.

But tbh, the bloke is a living, breathing Partridge. I must have all the evidence. Especially after a childhood spent at Pleasurewood Hills watching Mr Blobby's gunging act.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024