Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts on yesterday 08:11 - Apr 29 with 1845 viewssouthnorfolkblue

First up, isn’t it nice to wake up on Sunday morning with a massive grin on your face!

In a nutshell a really tight 70 minutes followed by a mad last 20 or so. We were comfortable in the first half without seriously threatening the opposition bar a couple of long range efforts from Carayol. Bart had even less to do although Bodvarsson should have done better with a ball rolled across the six yard box. Muzzy’s injury seemed to sum up our season with our only real threat off the pitch.

At half time it felt like one goal either way would win it and Reading came out on the front foot and penned us back without seriously testing Bart, bar one stunning tip over. So Waggy’s goal came as a bit of a surprise. I thought he looked offside but for once the decision went with us - about time to be honest.

Spence’s goal killed the game and heralded the start of a 15 minutes spell that will have Mannone hiding under his duvet this morning. The 2 goals in stoppage time just put the finish on it. The truth is that we weren’t 4 goals better than them but I reckon our fans have been due something like this.

A few random thoughts on the players. Wolfy...brilliant for his debut. Quick, good in the air, composed on the ball. I would have him in the team next season in a heartbeat.

Nydam looks better with every game.

Jury is out on Folami for me at present. He is an intelligent player, but is lightweight and I’m not sure that he is ready for the first team yet. He has time on his side. He could do with a loan out next season.

Muzzy probably has played his last game for us. He could be an impact player for us but frankly we have enough injury concerns without signing another player who cannot stay fit.

Finally it was great to see our fans happy. We are going to be very much a work in progress. Whatever people think of Mick he has left us in a better position than he found us. Let’s thank him for that and move onwards and hopefully upwards

COYB!

Poll: Our final position

Thoughts on yesterday on 09:02 - Apr 29 with 1717 viewsPlums

I must confess the preview of this post in table mode had me wondering where it was going. There’s excited about a result and then there’s very excited

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Thoughts on yesterday on 09:06 - Apr 29 with 1695 viewshoppy

Thoughts on yesterday on 09:02 - Apr 29 by Plums

I must confess the preview of this post in table mode had me wondering where it was going. There’s excited about a result and then there’s very excited

I was thinking the same!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Thoughts on yesterday on 09:07 - Apr 29 with 1689 viewsBluebell

Thoughts on yesterday on 09:06 - Apr 29 by hoppy

I was thinking the same!

Me too.
Thoughts on yesterday on 09:17 - Apr 29 with 1679 viewstractorshark

Exactly my thoughts.
Folami got better as the game wore on but he was brushed aside in the first 20 minutes.
I’d suggest loaning him out to a L2 club for the first half of next season.
Nydam and Downes should play far more next season, certainly ahead of Hyam, but you have to forgive them for the inevitable mistakes and inconsistency.
The biggest compliment I can pay Nydam is normally we miss Skuse when he’s not playing.
I know people moan about him but he’s a far better player than he gets credit for and we lack presence and security when he’s not there.
But yesterday Nydam and Connolly were excellent.
I’d have Connolly back in a shot, best loan player this season, but sadly I can’t see it happening.
Thoughts on yesterday on 10:16 - Apr 29 with 1566 viewsHerbivore

Thoughts on yesterday on 09:17 - Apr 29 by tractorshark

Exactly my thoughts.
Folami got better as the game wore on but he was brushed aside in the first 20 minutes.
I’d suggest loaning him out to a L2 club for the first half of next season.
Nydam and Downes should play far more next season, certainly ahead of Hyam, but you have to forgive them for the inevitable mistakes and inconsistency.
The biggest compliment I can pay Nydam is normally we miss Skuse when he’s not playing.
I know people moan about him but he’s a far better player than he gets credit for and we lack presence and security when he’s not there.
But yesterday Nydam and Connolly were excellent.
I’d have Connolly back in a shot, best loan player this season, but sadly I can’t see it happening.

Connolly kind of feels like he's our player to me, I'd love to have him here permanently. He's that bit further along than our own youngsters and offers something a bit different, could definitely be a long term replacement for Skuse.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Thoughts on yesterday on 10:37 - Apr 29 with 1512 viewschristiand

Thoughts on yesterday on 10:16 - Apr 29 by Herbivore

Connolly kind of feels like he's our player to me, I'd love to have him here permanently. He's that bit further along than our own youngsters and offers something a bit different, could definitely be a long term replacement for Skuse.

Surely, it's worth the club enquiring about Connolly over the summer? Is he going to make it at Everton? I'm not sure especially with the Tofffeemen having the finances to just go out and get a ready made first team replacement for any injuries. I'd like to see Connolly back and CCV. For all the youngsters blossoming at the club we still need that experience around them to help them through the difficult times and offering that support.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024