Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Council Elections 23:12 - May 3 with 9446 viewstractordownsouth

BBC Results Programme through the night starting in 30 minutes.

Labour are projected to take some Tory seats despite it being a tough few weeks for both parties with Windrush/ Anti- Semitism. A lot of the seats contested today were previously held by UKIP, so it will be interesting to see how much of their vote goes to each party. Not going to do exact numbers but I'll go for:

Gains: Labour, Lib Dem, Greens

Losses: Tories and UKIP

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Council Elections on 00:18 - May 4 with 2392 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Council Elections on 00:13 - May 4 by Lord_Lucan

Corbyn is ringfenced.

He is surrounded by barbed wire and will out-see the next two Conservative leaders - whilst remaining leader of the opposition.

I don't think British politics has ever been so poor. I know Boris get's a rough time on here and to be honest I think he has blown himself up over the past 5 years but you heard this hear first, I predict his brother Jo to fast track to the leadership.

I still maintain that had Ed Milibands brother been leader of the Labour Party when Ed lost, Labour would’ve won that year.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Council Elections on 00:18 - May 4 with 2393 viewstractordownsouth

Council Elections on 00:05 - May 4 by Lord_Lucan

I've got it on, I love these things. I actually have a semi on during GE coverage.

I did though go to bed in tears after the North East bastards set the tone for Brexit and woke up in despair to see the £ crashing - which it did again yesterday!

It was the referendum that got me properly into Politics, more so than before. I didn't fully understand all the arguments, but I was pretty sure it was the wrong decision.

18 months of Economics A Level and listening to countless political programmes and I'm absolutely certain that it was wrong...

One thing that I'm surprised isn't being emphasised more by remainers is the fact that the ' control the borders' argument was a lie. The EU Citizens Travel Directive states that EU citizens can be deported after 3 months if they do not find a job or have sufficient capital to remain.

Also, the fact that the fishing quotas were sold by our government and not the EU has barely been touched upon. Nor has the fact that Nige was on the Fishin Committee but never turned up.

Massively Off Topic but give me a sniff of a Brexit rant and i'll snap your hand off!

Council Elections on 00:20 - May 4 with 2386 viewsJ2BLUE

This is like a triple threat between Brock Lesnar, Braun Strowman and Funaki (Lib Dems). I feel bad for her. She seems to keep trying to remind them that the Liberals still exist.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Council Elections on 00:20 - May 4 with 2386 viewsFootballpete

Council Elections on 00:13 - May 4 by Lord_Lucan

Corbyn is ringfenced.

He is surrounded by barbed wire and will out-see the next two Conservative leaders - whilst remaining leader of the opposition.

I don't think British politics has ever been so poor. I know Boris get's a rough time on here and to be honest I think he has blown himself up over the past 5 years but you heard this hear first, I predict his brother Jo to fast track to the leadership.

I think the Blair / Cameron era made politics so bland and convictionless that people lost interest, and now social media has changed the entire landscape and the parties haven't caught up. It's clear the current crop of politicians are struggling to adapt to the modern world. I'd agree though there don't seem to be any political giants anymore.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

Council Elections on 00:25 - May 4 with 2374 viewsLord_Lucan

Labour have lost Nuneaton, quite surprised, I thought they would have a massive night.

Early days but as tradition goes they really should be looking at spanking The Tories.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Council Elections on 00:25 - May 4 with 2370 viewsStirlingArcher

Council Elections on 00:20 - May 4 by J2BLUE

This is like a triple threat between Brock Lesnar, Braun Strowman and Funaki (Lib Dems). I feel bad for her. She seems to keep trying to remind them that the Liberals still exist.

More Zack Gowan than Funaki
Council Elections on 00:27 - May 4 with 2364 viewstractordownsouth

Council Elections on 00:18 - May 4 by The_Romford_Blue

I still maintain that had Ed Milibands brother been leader of the Labour Party when Ed lost, Labour would’ve won that year.

I liked Ed Miliband tbh, but I agree that David Miliband would have won the GE. I worry now for Labour's sake that the new party membership and the McDonnell amendment will make it even harder for s moderate to win in the future.

* I think Ed was fairly moderate, I meant that a Chuka Umunna type will never win even if he was up against Diane Abbott.

In spite of what happens in the future,I think the party needs more co-operation from all sides. For example, Liz Kendall stating she wouldn't stand under Corbyn has a negative effect, as does Corbyn's almost entirely ideological cabinet. There needs to be more tolerance in order for the party to thrive again.

Council Elections on 00:27 - May 4 with 2362 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Council Elections on 00:18 - May 4 by tractordownsouth

It was the referendum that got me properly into Politics, more so than before. I didn't fully understand all the arguments, but I was pretty sure it was the wrong decision.

18 months of Economics A Level and listening to countless political programmes and I'm absolutely certain that it was wrong...

One thing that I'm surprised isn't being emphasised more by remainers is the fact that the ' control the borders' argument was a lie. The EU Citizens Travel Directive states that EU citizens can be deported after 3 months if they do not find a job or have sufficient capital to remain.

Also, the fact that the fishing quotas were sold by our government and not the EU has barely been touched upon. Nor has the fact that Nige was on the Fishin Committee but never turned up.

Massively Off Topic but give me a sniff of a Brexit rant and i'll snap your hand off!

Did you see question time tonight buh?

Thought the comedian came across like a massive knob. The MoneySavingExpert founder may have been the best guest they’ve ever had on there.

Login to get fewer ads

Council Elections on 00:29 - May 4 with 2354 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Council Elections on 00:25 - May 4 by Lord_Lucan

Labour have lost Nuneaton, quite surprised, I thought they would have a massive night.

Early days but as tradition goes they really should be looking at spanking The Tories.

It’s not going as well as you’d think.

I know you don’t like betting but just watching the betting market during the referendum and US Election was absolutely fascinating over them nights.

Council Elections on 00:30 - May 4 with 2350 viewstractordownsouth

Council Elections on 00:27 - May 4 by The_Romford_Blue

Did you see question time tonight buh?

Thought the comedian came across like a massive knob. The MoneySavingExpert founder may have been the best guest they’ve ever had on there.

I haven't watched it for a while. I've got my A Levels in a month's time, so I've been trying to cut down on stuff like that for the time being. I might catch a clip or two though, what were these people's names?
[Post edited 4 May 2018 0:31]

Council Elections on 00:31 - May 4 with 2349 viewsJ2BLUE

Council Elections on 00:29 - May 4 by The_Romford_Blue

It’s not going as well as you’d think.

I know you don’t like betting but just watching the betting market during the referendum and US Election was absolutely fascinating over them nights.

Watching Trump go odds on was history in the making.

Truly impaired.

Council Elections on 00:32 - May 4 with 2343 viewsSpruceMoose

Council Elections on 00:18 - May 4 by The_Romford_Blue

Weren't you about 6?!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Council Elections on 00:36 - May 4 with 2324 viewsLord_Lucan

Council Elections on 00:18 - May 4 by tractordownsouth

Mmmm

I'm not sure about all of that. A more learned man than I would pull all that to pieces I would imagine.

I think the fishing thing is wrong for a start, otherwise why would we be supposedly getting our fishing areas back sometime soon.

I don't know about any 3 month EU immigration rule either. Freedom of movement is freedom of movement.

Non EU immigration is another thing. Unless the rules have changed an Asylum seeker has to seek Asylum in the first country of opportunity so technically unless the Asylum seeker came on a plane they couldn't seek asylum here.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Council Elections on 00:40 - May 4 with 2314 viewsJ2BLUE

Ipswich Labour hold.

Truly impaired.

Council Elections on 00:47 - May 4 with 2297 viewsSpruceMoose

Council Elections on 00:40 - May 4 by J2BLUE

Ipswich Labour hold.

Fabulous.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Council Elections on 00:50 - May 4 with 2288 viewstractordownsouth

Council Elections on 00:36 - May 4 by Lord_Lucan

Mmmm

I'm not sure about all of that. A more learned man than I would pull all that to pieces I would imagine.

I think the fishing thing is wrong for a start, otherwise why would we be supposedly getting our fishing areas back sometime soon.

I don't know about any 3 month EU immigration rule either. Freedom of movement is freedom of movement.

Non EU immigration is another thing. Unless the rules have changed an Asylum seeker has to seek Asylum in the first country of opportunity so technically unless the Asylum seeker came on a plane they couldn't seek asylum here.

The 3 month rule is definitely a thing, I didn't know about it until a year ago when I did some reading up on it. Of course it hasn't been administered here, but apparently countries such as Belgium enact it fairly harshly.

The fishing thing I assume would have been that the quotas were given to us by the EU and it was our government who sold them off to Dutch firms. So now that we are leaving, I guess the idea is that the quotas are being re-negotiated.

Whilst my knowledge on fishing is poor, the bottom line of my argument is that Brexit is not the solution to the problems it was supposed to solve, as I'm sure you'll agree!

Council Elections on 00:56 - May 4 with 2278 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Council Elections on 00:30 - May 4 by tractordownsouth

I haven't watched it for a while. I've got my A Levels in a month's time, so I've been trying to cut down on stuff like that for the time being. I might catch a clip or two though, what were these people's names?
[Post edited 4 May 2018 0:31]

The moneysavingexpert fpunder was called Martin Lewis

Council Elections on 00:59 - May 4 with 2278 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Council Elections on 00:31 - May 4 by J2BLUE

Watching Trump go odds on was history in the making.

I liked that evening of the CRS.

I personally had no preference of him and Hilary but you and Luke were pro trump whilst Ryorry was suggesting, for the good of mankind, that shooting him before he got int Power was best for everyone. Cracking stuff.

Council Elections on 01:06 - May 4 with 2272 viewsLord_Lucan

Council Elections on 00:50 - May 4 by tractordownsouth

The 3 month rule is definitely a thing, I didn't know about it until a year ago when I did some reading up on it. Of course it hasn't been administered here, but apparently countries such as Belgium enact it fairly harshly.

The fishing thing I assume would have been that the quotas were given to us by the EU and it was our government who sold them off to Dutch firms. So now that we are leaving, I guess the idea is that the quotas are being re-negotiated.

Whilst my knowledge on fishing is poor, the bottom line of my argument is that Brexit is not the solution to the problems it was supposed to solve, as I'm sure you'll agree!

I was never a Brexiter, I like free movement and from a business view zero tariffs are so understated. It isn't that we might have to pay x% of duty on goods from Europe it's the hassle of customs problems we will shortly face. Expect some of your goods to rise 20%

The whole referendum thing was a clusterfeck of giant proportions. I'm not talking about the £350m NHS bus thing, anyone who continues to use this to moan is a moron, for a start it never said that we would spend all that money on the NHS.

My biggest gripe is that the Remain campaign couldn't have got the campaign more wrong. Bear in mind a great deal of the public are morons they would have been better off telling them that their phone bills will go up because there will be no more free European roaming when they are in Benidorm, they should have concentrated on explaining stupid things to the stupid.

Of course the main problem remains the unelected bureaucrats of The EU and therein lies the real problem.
[Post edited 4 May 2018 2:05]

Council Elections on 01:09 - May 4 with 2265 viewsJ2BLUE

Council Elections on 00:59 - May 4 by The_Romford_Blue

I liked that evening of the CRS.

I personally had no preference of him and Hilary but you and Luke were pro trump whilst Ryorry was suggesting, for the good of mankind, that shooting him before he got int Power was best for everyone. Cracking stuff.

haha yea that was a good night.

Truly impaired.

Council Elections on 01:19 - May 4 with 2253 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Council Elections on 00:00 - May 4 by Lord_Lucan

It's all down to personality politics these days.

If LD's had a leader with the charisma of Farage they would be up there.

They don’t stand for the right wingers that vote Tory or the disenfranchised (losers) or POC who will vote labour.

They sit in the middle ground where sane people live.... unfortunately there isn’t enough of them in this world to make a go of it.
Council Elections on 01:31 - May 4 with 2235 viewsLord_Lucan

Council Elections on 01:19 - May 4 by FrowsyArmLarry

They don’t stand for the right wingers that vote Tory or the disenfranchised (losers) or POC who will vote labour.

They sit in the middle ground where sane people live.... unfortunately there isn’t enough of them in this world to make a go of it.

I disagree.

People tend to either vote for three reasons.

1/ Whoever their parents voted for
2/ Whoever the opposition is
3/ The leader they like the most.

Much these days is about personality. Look at UKIP since Farage left, they are decimated. If you had someone with the charisma of Paddy Ashdown right now you might be on to something.

Council Elections on 01:32 - May 4 with 2236 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Not going great for Labour atm.

If they could get ‘no overall control’ at Trafford, that would help their cause.

Council Elections on 02:05 - May 4 with 2219 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm beaten. Lacks the excitement of a GE.

Night all.

Truly impaired.

Council Elections on 02:12 - May 4 with 2202 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Council Elections on 02:05 - May 4 by J2BLUE

I'm beaten. Lacks the excitement of a GE.

Night all.

Agreed. It’s just not the same.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024