Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... 09:10 - May 8 with 63352 viewslinhdi

I went to the opening night on Friday. For once, I agree with the reviews in the press - this show is simply brilliant.

It tells the story of our FA Cup run and win in 1978, from January to May, through the lives of Town fans and their families. The script is very closely based on memories provided by Town fans. Each round of the cup is accompanied by a live band playing tracks from 1978, effortlessly moving from Blonde to the Bee Gees to The Clash (etc).

It is hilarious - I defy you not to spot a bit of yourself, and maybe of any family members who don't do football (you don't have to be a fan to like this show).

The actor playing Sir Bobby is just superb - voice, body language. Those who knew Sir Bobby best said he has captured him really well.

And then there was the moment, at the end, when...... (No, just go see it!).

Fans who were there have gone misty-eyed, saying it captures the feeling superbly. Those who weren't there get to feel a bit what it was like.

I'll be going a few more times yet. (Runs to 26th May).
Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 23:50 - May 26 with 3507 viewsIP12

I've just returned home after watching the final performance. It was the first time I've seen it and the only word that comes straight to mind is magnificent. As 'Bobby Robson' said at the end....'Let's do another one in 3 years time for Europe'. Get your letters sent to Peter Rowe at the Wolsey Theatre.
Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 13:30 - May 27 with 3293 viewslinhdi

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 23:50 - May 26 by IP12

I've just returned home after watching the final performance. It was the first time I've seen it and the only word that comes straight to mind is magnificent. As 'Bobby Robson' said at the end....'Let's do another one in 3 years time for Europe'. Get your letters sent to Peter Rowe at the Wolsey Theatre.

A massive thank you to everyone who went to the show, and encouraged others to go, in person and via this thread. It was virtually sold out the whole of the last week, and there were huge numbers of first-time theatregoers (who will hopefully make it at least an occasional future habit!).

The success of the show, and the fabulous acclaim from the audience every night, makes it far more likely that the NWT will develop more ITFC-related shows in the future! (I would love to find out how the lives of some of the characters change over the nearly three years, to 1981...).
Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 13:42 - May 27 with 3283 viewshoppy

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 13:30 - May 27 by linhdi

A massive thank you to everyone who went to the show, and encouraged others to go, in person and via this thread. It was virtually sold out the whole of the last week, and there were huge numbers of first-time theatregoers (who will hopefully make it at least an occasional future habit!).

The success of the show, and the fabulous acclaim from the audience every night, makes it far more likely that the NWT will develop more ITFC-related shows in the future! (I would love to find out how the lives of some of the characters change over the nearly three years, to 1981...).

That would be an awesome development from an amazingly superb show that this was... can I book tickets for 2021 yet?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 16:15 - May 27 with 3241 viewsReuser_is_God

That would be awesome.

It was my first visit to the Wolsey & I went twice for Our Blue Heaven & is go at least that for the sequel.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 16:36 - May 27 with 3230 viewshoppy

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 16:15 - May 27 by Reuser_is_God

That would be awesome.

It was my first visit to the Wolsey & I went twice for Our Blue Heaven & is go at least that for the sequel.

We’ll almost definitely try to book for the panto there with Yasmin.., we may not have thought to do that had we not been to OBH.

They’re really on the ball for looking after their visitors and encouraging return visits. I’ve got nothing but praise and positive thoughts about the experience.

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 17:10 - May 27 with 3205 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 16:36 - May 27 by hoppy

We’ll almost definitely try to book for the panto there with Yasmin.., we may not have thought to do that had we not been to OBH.

They’re really on the ball for looking after their visitors and encouraging return visits. I’ve got nothing but praise and positive thoughts about the experience.

The rock and roll pantos are great!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 17:13 - May 27 with 3204 viewsLord_Lucan

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 16:36 - May 27 by hoppy

I went to the Marc Bolan thing there and thought it was excellent, after that I vowed to go more often but never got round to it.

I should make more of an effort.

Use it or lose it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 17:23 - May 27 with 3194 viewssarahjean1

Is there a dvd available

Sharons dad

Login to get fewer ads

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 17:50 - May 27 with 3180 viewshoppy

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 17:13 - May 27 by Lord_Lucan

I went to the Marc Bolan thing there and thought it was excellent, after that I vowed to go more often but never got round to it.

Use it or lose it.

Indeed. Should use the new Wolsey, and similarly the Ipswich Film Theatre as they are both very much a credit to the town.

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 17:56 - May 27 with 3176 viewsLord_Lucan

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 17:50 - May 27 by hoppy

Indeed. Should use the new Wolsey, and similarly the Ipswich Film Theatre as they are both very much a credit to the town.

Yeah, I started going to Ipswich Film Theater but used to end up in The Arcade afterwards so it used to cost me £100 to see a film.

Good venue though and you can drink Ghost Ship in your seat.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 17:59 - May 27 with 3172 viewshoppy

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 17:56 - May 27 by Lord_Lucan

Yeah, I started going to Ipswich Film Theater but used to end up in The Arcade afterwards so it used to cost me £100 to see a film.

Good venue though and you can drink Ghost Ship in your seat.

Never a bad thing... happily found somewhere in Stansted Airport where you can drink Ghost Ship whilst sitting through a 3 hour delay in the departure lounge.

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 18:15 - May 27 with 3164 viewsLord_Lucan

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 17:59 - May 27 by hoppy

Never a bad thing... happily found somewhere in Stansted Airport where you can drink Ghost Ship whilst sitting through a 3 hour delay in the departure lounge.

Really? Last I was there in Feb the pub was rammed with idiots so I had a lager in the champagne bar thing in the middle.

On my return I went through customs and had a two hour wait for by bus thing and the pub had gone! Panic stations!

Thankfully I found that Costa were selling bottles of wine.

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 19:19 - May 27 with 3131 viewsPinewoodblue

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 17:13 - May 27 by Lord_Lucan

Use it or lose it.

The sound quality is very good, made for musicals. also saw All or nothing and Tommy there in recent years. Always struck me that they ought to have more music acts, would help to widen the regular audience.

There are, I am sure, many acts that would find the NWT perfect for their needs. a 400 seater auditorium would be just right for acts that would have no chance of filling the Regent. Perhaps two nights could be set aside each month for such acts.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 20:13 - May 27 with 3103 viewsLord_Lucan

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 19:19 - May 27 by Pinewoodblue

The sound quality is very good, made for musicals. also saw All or nothing and Tommy there in recent years. Always struck me that they ought to have more music acts, would help to widen the regular audience.

There are, I am sure, many acts that would find the NWT perfect for their needs. a 400 seater auditorium would be just right for acts that would have no chance of filling the Regent. Perhaps two nights could be set aside each month for such acts.

I missed both of them, my own fault.

Life gets in the way of life.

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 20:57 - May 27 with 3076 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We really enjoyed the show. Travelled some way to see it but it was very worthwhile.

Loved the choreography of the football scenes, the way the songs were meshed in with the storyline and, of course, the delivery of Sir Bobby's lines - fantastic and inspirational. Would have been great to have had the next manager see it. I think any manager could learn a lot from studying the psychology of Sir Bobby.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 21:33 - May 27 with 3038 viewsBluespeed225

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 17:50 - May 27 by hoppy

We love the IFT. The Dambusters re-mastered last week was excellent. I’ve even watched films with subtitles there! The little screen does smell a bit fusty though..
Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 22:37 - May 28 with 2641 viewsDeano69

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 17:23 - May 27 by sarahjean1

Is there a dvd available

Don’t think that will happen sadly, the cost for rights to the songs used would be astronomical.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 13:46 - May 29 with 2537 viewsPhilTWTD

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 22:37 - May 28 by Deano69

Don’t think that will happen sadly, the cost for rights to the songs used would be astronomical.

They have filmed it for the Wolsey archives but, as you say, releasing it commercially isn't going to happen due to rights issues.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024